FranknNikki Island

Old June 21st 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default FranknNikki Island

Captain Pine Cone stood by the table in his cabin looking sadly at the red
crushed velvet pillow and the selection of matching collars that rested
beside it. Today would have been his and Miss Chloe's wedding day, had she
consented to join him in that happy state. Instead he'd repeated his
proposal several times, re-named Dog Island in her honor, and offered to
give up his beloved ship in order to stay with his other, love, his ladycat.

It had been a fast and wild ride from Chloe Island to FranknNikki Island off
the coast of Finland. Constant lookout for the dread pirate Fifi had been
in effect and the ship's troops had been kept in a state of high alert in
case the perilous pooch had found them. After the ceremony in honor of
those at the bridge and a proper time for mourning, The Mouser would go
forth to meet Fifi's ship, The Growler. The troops were all ready and the
non-combatant cats would stay on the island until the battle was done. Then
they would either ghost back to the ship or to their own homes, if the
battle went against the stalwart crew.

I don't care what the others say, Pine Cone thought. I'll marry Chloe any
time or place that she asks me to. I just want to be with her always. I'll
even leave the ship if she asks it of me. I love her no matter what.

Someone thumped against the cabin door. "Yes, come in," Pine Cone meowed.
Errol cautiously peeked through the cabin door.

"Cap'n," he squeaked. "The crew is ready for you. Persia has made a feast
and First Mate Barnabus has the book ready for you to read the purrs for the
bridge."

"I'll be right there," Pine Cone meowed. He straightened his collar and
licked a stray piece of fur back into place. His heart was heavy, but a
captain's time was not his own and his crew needed him. He followed Errol
out the cat door in his cabin. Behind him an assortment of collars and a
red crushed velvet pillow bore mute witness of the pain in the young cat's
heart.

Respectfully submitted by The Mouser
Pam S. recording

Human note: I am not allowed to describe the feline ceremonies for those at
the bridge. It involves a circle of cats, intertwined tails and lots of
yow- oops singing. I watched it last year and could actually see shadows of
cats who'd gone to the bridge. For some strange reason, it comforts me.

Old June 22nd 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

bottom posting ...

[...]

Brown and white tabby stands at attention, with her bottle-brush tail
held high.

Miss Tina Marie, Age 3
Maine Coon Patrol Class Of 2008
Old June 24th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

snip

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Pine Cone to marry Chloe really soon,
Polonca and Soncek

Young Island Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 79 January 15th 07 04:00 AM
Videos from the island Marina Cat anecdotes 9 August 1st 06 06:06 PM
Island cats Marina Cat anecdotes 13 June 21st 06 12:38 PM
Pics from the island CatNipped Cat anecdotes 31 July 28th 05 05:02 AM
Island Stories polonca12000 Cat anecdotes 2 August 5th 04 10:19 PM