She's Four!

Old June 21st 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default She's Four!

It's June 21, the summer solstice (or the day after depending on how
you reckon it) and Nina's fourth Birthday! I'm laboriously putting
togethr a new photo album to mark the day, but it's going very slowly.

Mainly because my brain is melting from the heat which is in the high
90's, today. It sure FEELS like a summer solstice. And of course,
because it IS hot, Nina is in a very cuddly mood. But although she's
getting lots of scritches and attention in honor of the day today,
she still feels like a heater in a fur sack when I hold her. =o)

Nina here. Honestly I've ALWAYS had four feet! I don't know WHY it
took Meowmy so long to notice! Hoomins! But she bott me a new green
straw as a burfday present, so I guess I can forgive her for being so
slow. Now it's time for another session of beeing all flat. It's HOT,
today

Nina.
And Melissa
Old June 22nd 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Shiral wrote:
Nina here. Honestly I've ALWAYS had four feet! I don't know WHY it
took Meowmy so long to notice! Hoomins! But she bott me a new green
straw as a burfday present, so I guess I can forgive her for being so
slow. Now it's time for another session of beeing all flat. It's HOT,
today

Hoppy Purrday, Nina! My, has it been four years already since you
surprised your Meowmie? Time does fly.

Old June 22nd 08, 09:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Shiral" wrote in message
It's June 21, the summer solstice (or the day after depending
on how
you reckon it) ...

The *civil* day begins at midnight (00:00:00). The *astronomical*
day begins at *local* noon - that is, ignoring any daylight
saving time. Astronomical days lag behind the civil day.

Sunrise at Stonehenge in 2008 was approximately 03:45 UTC
("civil" time) on 21 June. This is equivalent to 15:45 on 20 June
in *astronomical* time. Hence the confusion over when the longest
day occurs. The longest daylight hours, therefore, are during 21
June as normally perceived by the great public - but the solstice
actually straddles two astronomical days.

--
MatSav

Old June 22nd 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Shiral wrote:
[...]

Happy Purrday, Nina.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old June 22nd 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Shiral" wrote in message
[...]

Happy purrday, cuddly girl!

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old June 22nd 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com
wrote in message ...

"Shiral" wrote in message
It's June 21, the summer solstice (or the day after depending on
how
you reckon it) ...

The *civil* day begins at midnight (00:00:00). The *astronomical*
day begins at *local* noon - that is, ignoring any daylight saving
time. Astronomical days lag behind the civil day.

Sunrise at Stonehenge in 2008 was approximately 03:45 UTC ("civil"
time) on 21 June. This is equivalent to 15:45 on 20 June in
*astronomical* time. Hence the confusion over when the longest day
occurs. The longest daylight hours, therefore, are during 21 June as
normally perceived by the great public - but the solstice actually
straddles two astronomical days.

--
MatSav

And here I thought it was a day early because of leap year.

Jo

Old June 22nd 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

wrote in message ...

The *civil* day begins at midnight (00:00:00). The *astronomical* day
begins at *local* noon - that is, ignoring any daylight saving time.
Astronomical days lag behind the civil day.

Sunrise at Stonehenge in 2008 was approximately 03:45 UTC ("civil" time)
on 21 June. This is equivalent to 15:45 on 20 June in *astronomical*
time. Hence the confusion over when the longest day occurs. The longest
daylight hours, therefore, are during 21 June as normally perceived by
the great public - but the solstice actually straddles two astronomical
days.

And here I thought it was a day early because of leap year.

Jo

LOL, and I was thinking that it was the 22nd this year.

Pam S

Old June 24th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Shiral wrote:
[...]

A belated happy purr-day!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

She's avoiding me....... Mischief Cat anecdotes 17 June 25th 08 10:49 PM
She's doing it again! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 10 June 11th 08 10:49 PM
She's Three! Shiral Cat anecdotes 11 June 30th 07 09:50 PM
She's LOOKING at me!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 5 March 14th 06 09:43 PM
She's back! M Elizabeth Cat anecdotes 7 August 8th 05 09:16 PM