Everybody likes kitty pictures.. my troublesome brood

Old January 28th 05, 05:31 AM
Brian Link

Default Everybody likes kitty pictures.. my troublesome brood

Thought I'd post some pics.

To recap, Tiger is an 11-yr old farm cat we saved from coyotes (Maine
Coon lookalike). Louis is our first breeder-bought cat, a two year-old
Bengal. Henry is a 2 yr old stray we adopted whose murder Louis
plots constantly.

First pic.. we got Louis as a kitten, and Tiger is a ridiculously
friendly cat who adopted him instantly. They are best friends

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/Henry%20001.jpg

Henry is a loving, beautiful stray who would have died this winter if
he'd been left out. He was skinny and sick when we brought him inside.

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/Henry.jpg

He's still loving and cuddly, and as you can see is healthy and no
longer skinny.

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/Henry%20005.jpg

He has a chipped fang, probably earned in a fight. He still tries to
look fearsome occasionally.

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/Henry%20003.jpg

When Henry first arrived, he and Tiger tolerated each other. Now Tiger
is mortally afraid of him.

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/TigerHenry.jpg

I love Henry. I'm glad I could help him.

http://frontpage.visi.com/~blink/images/Henry%20005.jpg

For those that have been following the saga, I think we've finally
found a good home for Henry. It would have been wonderful to have him
stay, but given our ridiculous schedules and lifestyles, it's hard to
see how we could have spent the time to do decent behavior
modification.

Oh and Louis, neutered at six weeks, has started spraying. =P

Nonetheless, one less stray will die in the streets this winter, and
one more human will have an incredibly affectionate and loyal
cat-friend.

BLink
Old January 28th 05, 12:39 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Brian Link at
wrote on 1/27/05 11:31 PM:

[...]

I hope things work out. It is pretty unusual for things to stay so hostile
for so long. I hope you found someone who will just fall in love with him.

Old January 28th 05, 05:58 PM
Lorraine

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:31:21 -0600, Brian Link wrote:

Thought I'd post some pics.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

For those that have been following the saga, I think we've finally
found a good home for Henry. It would have been wonderful to have him
stay, but given our ridiculous schedules and lifestyles, it's hard to
see how we could have spent the time to do decent behavior
modification.

I am so sorry to hear that. Really sorry. I was hoping we could derive
some hints of success from your experience. We adopted three from the
shelter in December, two that were given up by owner (Indie and Ty) and
one that was a stray (Lucy). Indie and Ty get along well. There's still
some hissing and smacking every now and then, but no fur flying. Add
Lucy to the mix and all hell breaks loose. Screeching and fur flying
everywhere.

Lucy lives in the basement now, and the other two on the main floor. We
bring Lucy up during the day and contain her in the bedrooms and open up
the basement to the other two. I'm hoping the intermingling of smells
will help. They can see each other through the baby gate in the
hallway, but for the most part, Indie and Ty just avoid Lucy as much as
they can. Plus Lucy spends most of her time in one of the bedrooms in
front of a window instead of out by the gate in the hallway. We still
don't have much controlled exposure, but I suppose we can work with this
for now. They almost always hiss when they do see each other through
the gate, so it doesn't seem like we're making any progress.

Sorry it didn't work out for you and Henry, but it sounds like he will
do well.

Lorraine

Cat pictures.
http://www.raineforest.com/gallery/thecats

Old January 28th 05, 06:21 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Lorraine at
wrote on 1/28/05 11:58AM:

[...]

how long has it been Lorraine?

Old January 28th 05, 06:26 PM
Lorraine

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:21:34 -0600, Karen Chuplis
wrote:

how long has it been Lorraine?

Forever! :-)

Not really. We're not even up to two months yet. We're not close to
giving up or anything, it's just that we have the sinking feeling that
we have a long road ahead of us. When we move Lucy upstairs so she can
have some daylight, she tries to bite whoever is carrying her if she
even sees one of the other cats. She's a mean one.

L.

Old February 1st 05, 05:20 PM
Cindy Sherman via CatKB.com

U HAVE BEAUTIFUL KITTYCATS BLINK.

LUV,
CIN

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
Kitty Stroller pictures Margaret Fine Cat anecdotes 45 June 5th 04 07:22 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM
Yu noze, I furgotz tu tellz yurownselfz abowt da TROODUR KITTY... Amelia T Cat Cat community 6 February 28th 04 11:13 AM
Kitty likes to jump on the counter Pamela Cat health & behaviour 34 August 14th 03 09:13 PM