Dan, You Did NOT Have to Lie

Old July 11th 05, 08:08 AM
Mary

"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in message

From: "

This is getting absurd.

Every time I get a chance to check this group and
see how Conan.....oops.......I guess it's DYLAN now......
is doing, this gets more insane.

Are we in the twilight zone?

More like "The Outer Limits"

"There is nothing wrong with your television. Do not attempt to adjust the
picture. We are now controlling the transmission. We control the
horizontal and the vertical. We can deluge you with a thousand channels or
expand one single image to crystal clarity and beyond. We can shape your
vision to anything our imagination can conceive. For the next hour we will
control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and
mystery which reaches from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits. "

Did you ever see the one where the people in a typical 1960s suburb go to
sleep one night and wake up
to find that their whole neighborhood has been lifted off of earth and onto
another planet? The guy drives off to
go to work and reaches the edge of the neighborhood and it gets misty and
then these mud people appear?

Old July 11th 05, 08:15 AM
-L.

Meghan Noecker wrote:
On 10 Jul 2005 23:40:34 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Get your fat ass on a plane, fly to CA and take the cat, or have a Nice
Big Cup of Get The **** Over It Already. Geez!

And how are we to get the cat? We still have to get Monica or Dan's
permission. We can't just steal him.

I repeat:

"Then have a Nice Big Cup of Get The **** Over It Already. Geez!"

-L.

Old July 11th 05, 08:23 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Meghan Noecker wrote:
On 10 Jul 2005 23:40:34 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Get your fat ass on a plane, fly to CA and take the cat, or have a Nice
Big Cup of Get The **** Over It Already. Geez!

And how are we to get the cat? We still have to get Monica or Dan's
permission. We can't just steal him.

I repeat:

"Then have a Nice Big Cup of Get The **** Over It Already. Geez!"

-L.

When you begin to receive the fruits of your labors here, you must try
not to whine. It was your choice, Lyn.

Old July 11th 05, 12:09 PM
Wendy

941797- Cat:Orange Tabby
San Bernadino,CA 909-647-5803 Dan 07-06-2005
Name: Conan
Age:2
Sex:M
Size:L
Delete Friendly and active male two year old cat needs to be re-homed
in the Southern California area. Very energetic, acrobatic, inqusitive guy
with that great orange disposition. Please send inquiries to the e-mail
address listed above and well be in touch. Pictures he
www.picturetrail.com/cmtowle. There is an adoption fee.

Looks like they put him on Petfinder too.

From: Dan Mahoney
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Subject: OT: Purrs, please...
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:23:28 -0700

If your kitties wouldn't mind revving up for another purr request: we
(2 humans and 3 kitties) have been trying desperately to move out of
our cramped little mobile home into a real house for a few months now.
We've found a lot of affordable houses in awful neighborhoods, and a
lot of really nice places in neighborhoods we can't come close to
affording.

We got a call from a realtor today telling us we were approved for a
rental application on a house in Highland (a pretty decent area). Only
thing is, neither of humans remember applying to rent a house in
Highland! Unless one of the furgirls applied without telling us, we're
a bit confused.

I'll be calling the realtor as soon as I get home to get the whole
story. Please send us a few purrs that we'll actually find a decent
place and be able to move - my beautiful kitty girls need more room!

------------------------------- Fontana Herald News
Monday July 11, 2005
Fontana, California
Web Edition

http://www.fontanaheraldnews.com/

-- HIGHLAND -- DYLAN - Needs a permanent indoor home. Dylan is a playful
3-
to 4-year-old, neutered orange tabby. He will thrive in a home where he
has
room to climb and leap and where he will be given plenty of attention and
playtime. Contact . 7/14
Dylan, eh, Monica?Dan, how do you feel about trusting Monica now to keep
yoursecret? The sad thing is, you could have just told us. It wasyour
choice to lie. Now Monica is using the fact that you didto flaunt her
"victory." It is not a victory for Conan/"Dylan,"who is still in a cage
around the corner from your house. Youknow that Greg in San Diego was
perfect for him. You also knew that he was not going to Charlie Wilkes.
What was the point inlying to us?
Dan Mahoney

Google Home - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Jobs, Press, & Help

Old July 11th 05, 01:08 PM
Mark Edwards

"Mary" wrote:

[snips]

Dan will have to answer for this if he wishes to be known as an
honest
person who genuinely cares about cats.

You mean, if he wishes to be known so, in YOUR opinion. What makes
you think anyone gives a damn about YOUR opinion? I sure as hell
don't.

Now go away.

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old July 11th 05, 02:33 PM
PawsForThought

Glitter Ninja wrote:
When it's a choice between euthanasia and a smaller-than-ideal home,
the home wins with no questions asked.

I couldn't agree more. I remember years ago I lived in a two room
cabin in Topanga Canyon, California. It was a beautiful area. Anyway,
I had a cat back then and she seemed very happy to me. I had window
spaces set up for her and a tall scratching post that had this platform
on it that she liked to sit on. I eventually moved to a larger place
but my cat did just fine in that cabin while we were there.

Lauren

Old July 11th 05, 02:35 PM
MaryL

"Wendy" wrote in message
941797- Cat:Orange Tabby
San Bernadino,CA 909-647-5803 Dan 07-06-2005
Name: Conan
Age:2
Sex:M
Size:L
Delete Friendly and active male two year old cat needs to be re-homed
in the Southern California area. Very energetic, acrobatic, inqusitive guy
with that great orange disposition. Please send inquiries to the e-mail
address listed above and well be in touch. Pictures he
www.picturetrail.com/cmtowle. There is an adoption fee.

Looks like they put him on Petfinder too.

This is getting ridiculous. Can't you people simply stop with all the
speculation??

It was actually Tracyrose who posted (some time ago) that she had placed the
ad with Petfinder. At that time, she included Dan's contact information,
although she admitted that she did not have his permission. That isn't
proof of Dan's involvement or of where Conan is.

MaryL

Old July 11th 05, 02:46 PM
Wendy

"Wendy" wrote in message
[...]

Well I'm glad to see someone put him on petfinder then. This time of year
the adult cats need as much advertising as possible.

Old July 11th 05, 02:52 PM
Alison

"Glitter Ninja" wrote in message
" writes:

[..] My hubby and I have four cats in a large 3-bedroom trailer

home right
now. We had 3 kitties but inherited one recently when my mom died

after
a short illness. I wish we had more room, and we have plans to buy

home with a large screened-in porch for the kitties, once my

parents'
estate is settled. The key is to create space that's cats-only.

They'll really appreciate the porch , I think if you have a facility
such a porch or run or garden that they can access , it gives them a
sense of adventuring that can help make them feel more satisfied.
If you have several cats in a small space , it's also important to
make sure that each cat has its own space where it can feel safe and
be free from the fear of being bullied.

We
have a whole kitchen filled with cabinets that allow sleepy spaces

way
up high, and tall shelves and an entertainment center. We set up

window
spots, a cat tree, and use throws and afghans to create sleepy

spots.
We just spent $300 on another cat tree and more stuff to make them
happier now that we have a 4th cat. Kitties *can* be happy as long

as
you give them the sleepy spots and hidey places they need.

I saw a US Tv programme with clips about animals and this couple
lived in a trailer and they put up all these walkways hanging along
the ceillings , amazing! A series of shelves can be put on a wall so
the cat can jump from one to another.

When it's a choice between euthanasia and a smaller-than-ideal

home,
the home wins with no questions asked. .

I'm not questioning this but I just want to add that animals wouldn't
understand that. It's not thought they think in the abstract . If we
are unhappy or in pain, we can say to our selves, I could be worse off
or things will get better but a cat will react accordingly to how he
feels at that moment. Say a cat that was frightened of dogs because
he was chased by one and his only chance was a home with dogs , we
know he is better off than being dead but he only knows he lives in a
scary unsafe place and is fearful.
Alison