So I was looking at some cats that need need a home...

Old November 2nd 10, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

Default So I was looking at some cats that need need a home...

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:01:56 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Nov 2, 1:32*pm, wrote:

It says she's front-declawed. I hope the people who are rehoming her didn't
do it.

They say she was from a shelter so one would hope they didn't but took
her in in that condition

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

My bet is that they DID, but that doesn't mean that Lily isn't a nice
kitty

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 2nd 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:03:20 GMT, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)
wrote:

i was talking to my brother, who used to have 2 cats, about losing my
cat, Kenzie, and how when I adopt another cat, I would like to find one
that is in a foster home, rather than in shelter, so I could see the cat
in a more 'normal' setting, and learn about it's personality, etc.

He suggested that I look at craigslist.com, which for those that don't
know, is a free on line 'want ads'.

I was AMAZED at how many people are looking for new homes for their
cats!

I found this ad from 3 days ago:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...034488910.html

For a BEAUTIFUL tuxedo cat.

I sent an E-mail, which goes to a blind E-mail address.

I will have to wait and see what happens.

I really wasn't planning on getting another cat so soon, but this one is
so VERY pretty!

I REALLY miss having a cat in my home :-(

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

I received this E-mail:

I have someone coming to meet Lily tonight. If it doesn't work out I'll
let you know.

Nate

I can't imagine them NOT taking Lily, but you never know.

I will be a bit fussy about getting a cat: I want a NICE kitty, like
Kenzie was.

I know I'll never find another cat that's just like Kenzie, but I want a
sweet cat, who is friendly, like Kenzie was

I would love to find a cat who is a bit more of a 'lap kitty' than
Kenzie was, too.

Every cat is different, just like people are.

There are MANY cats who need a new home, and this is the very first cat
I've considered, so if I don't get her, I'm not going to be upset in the
least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Purrs that, if Lily is the right cat for you, the other people won't show or
won't take her. If she isn't, purrs that the right one finds his/her way to
you soon.

Joy

Old November 2nd 10, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

Gandalf wrote:

...I found this ad from 3 days ago:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...034488910.html

OMG, she looks JUST like Little Bit! Could be her twin.

I hope it works out for you to find a good cat. We used CL to
rehome some of our animals and it worked out well.

Hug her and give her some pettins and scritchins for me, if she
comes to live with you.

Deborah
misses all the animals, sigh
--

"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the
most shocking and inhumane."-Martin Luther King, Jr.
Old November 3rd 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

[...]

She's illegally pretty! I've never seen a non-beautiful tuxedo cat,
but she's awfully cute. Those short limbs make her look more like a
kitten than a two year old adult.
Old November 3rd 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *^..^ * *

"Life without cats IS only marginally worth living."
-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

I find that cat rescues are awesome as well. Most of them are in
foster homes, and I find are a little more reliable than craiglist
ads, since you don't know about the person who is posting the ad,
etc. I got my Imp from a rescue, and usually those groups have a ton
of ADULT cats that need homes.

my two cents,

Kristi
Old November 3rd 10, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 20:30:09 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

[...]

Perhaps it is an older picture(?)

And yes: I agree. She's a REALLY pretty cat, and now that you point it
out, she DOES look young...or perhaps just petite.

But, because she IS so pretty, I sent the E-mail asking for her. I'll
bet she's been taken by the other person though.

I'm in no hurry, though....

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

Old November 3rd 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:31:54 -0700 (PDT), Mischief
wrote:

[...]

Living in a bigger city, there are a LOT of 'private' rescue
organizations, AKA no-kill shelters, and I will be checking into them.

The ONLY reason I responded to that craigslist.com ad was because the
kitteh was so very pretty.

But, I'd rather have a sweet and good natured, friendly cat, than one
who is JUST 'cute'.

All cats are pretty, as far as I'm concerned.

Because I had a tuxedo, I have a real weakness for them. As I would for
a white cat, and a calico cat, too

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

Old November 3rd 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

This is Miz Piglett from rpcc and I have to tell you, you need a cat as much
as it needs you, there are no such thing as "time for this or, time for
that." I have to go back to rpcc now, this human speak is giving me such a
headache!

Old November 3rd 10, 04:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

and besides, if trudi figures out how to come over here she will be trying
to ship him barbi or mh, Lee

Old November 3rd 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

[...]

She is indeed very pretty! I think it would be win-win, She gets a new
home she needs, and you get the feline companionship you miss.
Although I still miss my Nina, Dmitri has added a bright spot to my
home and life. I just have to have a cat, or life is incomplete.

Melissa