Why strapping buttered toast to a cats back will not produce infinitepower

Old April 4th 11, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Why strapping buttered toast to a cats back will not produce infinitepower

An awesome thread in desperate need of a BW warning:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...infinite+power

Yowie
Old April 5th 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

An awesome thread in desperate need of a BW warning:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...infinite+power

Thanks for this! I've never seen this particular discussion before. I've
seen plenty about the perpetual motion machine made by cats & toast, just
not this one. How did I miss this??

I love the thing about the tragic monorail crash causing political parties
to claim that if they had been in power, they would have allocated more
money for cat-toast glue research.

The ketchup and white shirt idea was good, too, although I expected
it was going to work because the *cat* would be drawn to the ketchup.
Cats have an innate desire to destroy human objects, especially expensive
ones, and especially expensive ones that humans are making them *wear*.

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old April 5th 11, 07:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

*http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...st+to+a+cat%27....

Thanks for this! I've never seen this particular discussion before. I've
seen plenty about the perpetual motion machine made by cats & toast, just
not this one. How did I miss this??

I love the thing about the tragic monorail crash causing political parties
to claim that if they had been in power, they would have allocated more
money for cat-toast glue research.

The ketchup and white shirt idea was good, too, although I expected
it was going to work because the *cat* would be drawn to the ketchup.
Cats have an innate desire to destroy human objects, especially expensive
ones, and especially expensive ones that humans are making them *wear*.

Joyce

--
I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.

If I only strapped buttered toast to one of my cats, Dmitri would only
follow Francesca around, desperate to get at the buttered toast. =o)
And Francesca would not be at all amused at having buttered toast
strapped to her back.

Melissa

Old April 5th 11, 10:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 4/04/2011 11:49 PM, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 4, 3:26 am, Yowie wrote:
An awesome thread in desperate need of a BW warning:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...st+to+a+cat%27...

Yowie

Where have you been? Thank you; I needed this sorely. Trust the Ozzies
come forth with uolifting 411 in time of need.

Was away on business the last week without reliable internet access.
Life is getting decidedly *busy* and I can't give as much time to
newsgroups, e-mail, facebook, computer games and the like.

I drop in when I can, but I suspect the days of writing long meandering
anecdotes are, if not gone entirely, then on hiatus for at least a few
years. Alas, I bet I miss writing them far more than anyone will miss
reading them.

Yowie

Old April 5th 11, 07:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On Apr 4, 3:26 am, Yowie wrote:
An awesome thread in desperate need of a BW warning:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...st+to+a+cat%27...

Yowie

Where have you been? Thank you; I needed this sorely. Trust the Ozzies
come forth with uolifting 411 in time of need.

Was away on business the last week without reliable internet access. Life
is getting decidedly *busy* and I can't give as much time to newsgroups,
e-mail, facebook, computer games and the like.

I drop in when I can, but I suspect the days of writing long meandering
anecdotes are, if not gone entirely, then on hiatus for at least a few
years. Alas, I bet I miss writing them far more than anyone will miss
reading them.

Yowie

You'd really, really, really have to miss them for that to be true.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy

Old April 5th 11, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On Apr 4, 3:26 am, Yowie wrote:
An awesome thread in desperate need of a BW warning:

http://everything2.com/title/Why+str...st+to+a+cat%27...

Yowie

Where have you been? Thank you; I needed this sorely. Trust the Ozzies
come forth with uolifting 411 in time of need.

Was away on business the last week without reliable internet access. Life
is getting decidedly *busy* and I can't give as much time to newsgroups,
e-mail, facebook, computer games and the like.

I drop in when I can, but I suspect the days of writing long meandering
anecdotes are, if not gone entirely, then on hiatus for at least a few
years. Alas, I bet I miss writing them far more than anyone will miss
reading them.

Yowie

You'd really, really, really have to miss them for that to be true.

Thats lovely of you to say, Joy, but I do really really really miss
writing anecdotes. Writing for me is cathartic. It cheers me up and
calms me down all at the same time. Its a form of meditation. And to
write a long meandering piece about some snippet of my life was not only
good as a diary entry, and later as a memory jogger, it helped me focus
on the positives in my life, because I do not write maudlin material,
even if I write sad or touching stuff. For whatever reason, what comes
out of my fingers and hits the keyboard (it feels like i don't always
have concious control over what I'm writing, it just kinda pours out) is
always life affirming and I need that as much as anyone.

So yes, as much as anyone enjoys reading my stuff, and I'm so very glad
that folks do, I enjoy writing it more, and I wish I had time to do much
more of it.

Yowie
Old April 6th 11, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

Was away on business the last week without reliable internet access.
Life is getting decidedly *busy* and I can't give as much time to
newsgroups, e-mail, facebook, computer games and the like.

I drop in when I can, but I suspect the days of writing long meandering
anecdotes are, if not gone entirely, then on hiatus for at least a few
years. Alas, I bet I miss writing them far more than anyone will miss
reading them.

This sounds awwwwfully familiar, Yowie. I seem to remember similar
declarations after the Yowlet was born. Yet here you still are. I'm
choosing to believe that you'll be back from this period dealing with
that pesky real life. I hope at least you'll be busy with good stuff!

Joyce

toast, toast cybercat Cat health & behaviour 1 May 9th 07 01:56 PM
toast! toast Barry Cat health & behaviour 0 May 9th 07 11:12 AM
Couple a Cat With Buttered Bread And All You'll Get is Hair in Your Brekky. Azy Cat anecdotes 8 February 17th 06 10:16 AM
The Toast Miss Violette Cat community 41 November 10th 05 05:11 PM
How much BM should inactive cat produce? Carol A Cat health & behaviour 9 August 11th 05 09:50 PM