Sleeping with The Owners

Old October 28th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Sleeping with The Owners

Nighttime can be an adventure when you're owned by 5 masters who insist on
claiming their fair share of the mattress (said mattress being solely owned
by each of them, of course). Even a king-sized mattress is not big enough
for any one of them. I sleep on 8 inches of mattress edge, yet I'm still
buffeted by tiny feet with razor sharp claws urging me to move over a little
bit more. There is almost always at least one master who feels the need of
a good washing in the middle of the night, so tiny vibrations telegraphed
through the mattress feel like the "magic fingers" of a motel room bed. And
said vibration is usually non-stop since they seem to take turns washing and
by the time the last one has finished washing it's time for the first one to
start again. Whenever one master encroaches the tiniest bit of paw into the
personal space of another, a swift bat across the trespasser's head is in
order - of course there is then the ripple effect of sh*t rolling downhill
in the hierarchy with, of course, me being the lowest on the totem pole.
Therefore I can expect at least one swat in the face per night and wake with
a baffled "what the...".

But, between a good night's sleep and the love of the furry ones, three
guesses which I choose (and the first two don't count.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 28th 10, 10:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

Hee hee. Bet they're glad you don't weigh 300 pounds and take up too much
of the bed!

Bobble
Old October 29th 10, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral[_2_]

On Oct 28, 2:30*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

I think I'm glad I only have two owners. For being such a little
squirt still, Dmitri already takes up quite a lot of bed acreage! And
he's already trying to push Francesca and me around to increase his
own territory. Lucky for him he has quite a vibrant purr for so young
a cat.

Melissa
Old October 29th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

I've been sleeping on a sofa lately, and still, as narrow as it is, at
least five of the owners manage to sleep there too. Usually two on my
feet, one beside me, one or two on top of me, and one on the pillow.

Old October 29th 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I am lucky that Amber usually just sleeps near my feet. She doesn't
come down every night but she is always there in the morning. Tiger
doesn't come down until after I wake up.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 29th 10, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:30:25 -0500, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

When I was in my early teens, my family had a young, neutered tomcat who
would stay in the house all night in the winter, but, in milder weather,
would be let outside at bedtime, and back inside again in the morning.
He developed a habit, upon being let in, of dashing up the stairs and
leaping onto my bed, in order to get some petting before he went back
downstairs to get his breakfast.

He discovered that, if he came down stiff-legged on my bed, he would get
a nice bounce into the air, which he apparently enjoyed. One morning, I
happened to be asleep on my back, on the side of the bed towards the
door. When Timothy Tomcat leaped onto the bed, he landed, not on the
mattress, but in the pit of my stomach. I was awakened by having all of
the air knocked out of me. Once I stopped gasping for air, however, I
did give him his morning petting.

--
John F. Eldredge --
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly