Plugged up & rusted cans

Old October 5th 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Plugged up & rusted cans

Seems we have water issues in this house. The drain line is now completely
stopped up - probably with tree roots - and the flooding this spring made
the basement so wet that a lot of our stock of tinned catfood, stored on
shelves too near the walls, is rusting. I have had to discard at least one
case so far. Needless to say the clowder is getting lots of gooshy food
lately. They love that, but with having to get the guy with the snake over
to clean the roots, and replace all that catfood, this will be a very
challenging month for the budget.

Old October 5th 11, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~Karen~[_2_]

On 10/4/2011 9:23 PM, Pat wrote:
Seems we have water issues in this house. The drain line is now completely
stopped up - probably with tree roots - and the flooding this spring made
the basement so wet that a lot of our stock of tinned catfood, stored on
shelves too near the walls, is rusting. I have had to discard at least one
case so far. Needless to say the clowder is getting lots of gooshy food
lately. They love that, but with having to get the guy with the snake over
to clean the roots, and replace all that catfood, this will be a very
challenging month for the budget.

Coming out of The Land of Lurk here. I haven't but just started this
treatment for tree root vs. drain lines so can't swear by it - yet!
Hoping to next year!

The very elderly gent that came to clear out our lines this last summer
told me to get some copper sulfate at the local feed store (used for
hooves) in the 1 lb. packs. He suggested pouring a pound down the clean
out and follow it up with 5 gal of water and then let sit for at least 6
hours. We started 6 weeks after his visit and then each 6 weeks for a
total of three treatments. He told us to start up again as the trees
started to bud next spring and each 6 weeks until they are dormant again.

We found it for $4.25 per pack.

Karen
Old October 5th 11, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

"~Karen~" wrote
Coming out of The Land of Lurk here. I haven't but just started this
treatment for tree root vs. drain lines so can't swear by it - yet! Hoping
to next year!

The very elderly gent that came to clear out our lines this last summer
told me to get some copper sulfate at the local feed store (used for
hooves) in the 1 lb. packs. He suggested pouring a pound down the clean
out and follow it up with 5 gal of water and then let sit for at least 6
hours. We started 6 weeks after his visit and then each 6 weeks for a
total of three treatments. He told us to start up again as the trees
started to bud next spring and each 6 weeks until they are dormant again.

We found it for $4.25 per pack.

I used a "foaming root killer" product that fills the entire pipe not just
the bottom part. It worked last year but I neglected to use it soon enough
this year, and now, water is coming *up* out of the clean out, so I really
have no alternative at this point.

Hills k/d cans I don't want outsider Cat anecdotes 0 April 24th 08 08:25 PM
Open Cans NanCe via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 0 March 24th 06 05:51 PM
Open Cans Ajanta Cat health & behaviour 0 March 24th 06 06:00 AM
Open Cans Barb Cat health & behaviour 0 March 23rd 06 04:50 PM
Open Cans Arubalisa Cat health & behaviour 0 March 23rd 06 04:19 PM