UPDATE: Possible Job

Old November 6th 04, 11:22 PM
jmcquown

Default UPDATE: Possible Job

I applied for jobs in clothing shops. Either they'd already hired their
'holiday help' or the shop staff were exceedingly... how do I put this?
preppy and chirpy and *young* (and also looked at me like, why would YOU
want to work here?). I was getting discouraged.

I went to Origins; they had hired everyone they needed. Before I left the
manager had me try the new cocoa exfoliating treatment Then she told me
they were looking for help at Charlotte, a jewelry store down the row. So
off I went. Looks like (98% chance) I have a job there!

The company is German; some of you folks outside the US may have heard of it
(there are only 4 stores in the US thus far).

http://www.charlotte.de/frames.php?sprache=en

The woman basically conducted the interview while we chatted. She showed me
all of their collections, showed me how the jewelry works (it's all
'changeable' pieces), told me all about the company, showed me photos of
when the owner and his wife visited last spring from Germany. She gave me
brochures, a calendar, as an afterthought gave me an application and told me
fill it out to bring back. She got my phone number and said she'll call me
tomorrow.

The best part is, I was hoping for day time work but figured for holiday
help I'd have to work nights. She NEEDS a day time person! YAY!

Continued purrs, please, but this is looking good!

Jill

Old November 6th 04, 11:42 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:22:07 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

I applied for jobs in clothing shops. Either they'd already hired their
'holiday help' or the shop staff were exceedingly... how do I put this?
preppy and chirpy and *young* (and also looked at me like, why would YOU
want to work here?). I was getting discouraged.

Not only do I know the feeling, but --
1) You had no idea you were so "old" until it happens;
2) It's happening to people younger and younger. Those young snots
who look at you now-- they'll be turning 27, and the 23 years old will
be rolling their eyes at them saying "But you're so O--ver!" :P

I went to Origins; they had hired everyone they needed. Before I left the
manager had me try the new cocoa exfoliating treatment Then she told me
they were looking for help at Charlotte, a jewelry store down the row. So
off I went. Looks like (98% chance) I have a job there!

Little fuzzy toes are crossed for you.

Theresa

Old November 7th 04, 01:17 AM
badwilson

Right on, Jill! That's great news :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

. ..

Old November 7th 04, 01:57 AM
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
.... Continued purrs, please, but this is looking good!
Jill

Jill, I hope you soon will no longer needing job purrs. The jewelry place
sounds like a friendly and interesting place to work.
Annie

Old November 7th 04, 02:48 AM
Dan M

Continued purrs, please, but this is looking good!

Jill

Our best purrs are coming!