UPDATE on job interview

Old November 13th 04, 03:01 AM
Hans Schrøder

Default UPDATE on job interview

Thank you, all, for sending the purrs you did. I had a great day yesterday,
the interview went fine, but... I sort of knew what was coming, my
competence and their demands didn't match. I know that if this had been a
larger company, I would have got the job, but due to the current senior
programmer leaving in February, and the other programmer going on a
pregnancy leave in March, I would have been the senior by then. I don't
think my qualifications could have coped with that.

One strange thing, though. I talked to my friend, who told me about this
job, and asked him if I did something seriously wrong during the interview.
"No", he said, "but it wasn't very wise of you to stand outside the building
having a cigarette five minutes before the conference... Peter complained
about that.. He didn't like your smell!" What if some of them had been
allergic to cats?

I didn't sleep well last night, after having been told that I couldn't have
the job. Teti and Tinùviel knew all about it, and during the night they both
came up to my with kisses and headbutts to show that they cared... Tinùviel
usually NEVER does this, but this night she thought it was necessary to
comfort me the best she could. So by 5 AM I fell asleep, with both of the
cats silently sleeping between my legs...

I just say, it would have been much worse without them, and now I'm prepared
to go into the job battle again!!

--
Hans Schrøder

Old November 13th 04, 11:33 AM
Dan M

Hans Schrøder wrote:

Thank you, all, for sending the purrs you did. I had a great day yesterday,
the interview went fine, but... I sort of knew what was coming, my
competence and their demands didn't match. I know that if this had been a
larger company, I would have got the job, but due to the current senior
programmer leaving in February, and the other programmer going on a
pregnancy leave in March, I would have been the senior by then. I don't
think my qualifications could have coped with that.

Oh, dear. My sympathies. I went through the same thing a few months ago.
It sounded like a great job, but a little beyond my skill level.

I didn't sleep well last night, after having been told that I couldn't have
the job. Teti and Tinùviel knew all about it, and during the night they both
came up to my with kisses and headbutts to show that they cared... Tinùviel
usually NEVER does this, but this night she thought it was necessary to
comfort me the best she could. So by 5 AM I fell asleep, with both of the
cats silently sleeping between my legs...

I just say, it would have been much worse without them, and now I'm prepared
to go into the job battle again!!

Isn't it wonderful how cats make things so much more bearable? Congrats
on hanging in there - that's the best thing you can do. We'll keep up
the job purrs for you.

Dan

Old November 13th 04, 02:47 PM
Adrian

Hans Schrøder wrote:
snip
I just say, it would have been much worse without them, and now I'm
prepared to go into the job battle again!!

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. You should try to stop smoking, I gave
up 3 years ago today after smoking 60+ per day for over 30 years, if I
could do it, anyone can.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 14th 04, 08:03 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 04:01:22 +0100, "Hans Schrøder"
wrote:

[...]

sorry to hear the job wasn't a good match. Will continue to send purrs
that something will come along soon. something that you'll enjoy and
IS a good match.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Job purrs update Dan M Cat anecdotes 40 October 6th 04 12:40 PM
Latest Crackles Update (appt moved up) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 12th 04 01:37 PM
Nice Update on B5's creator, J.Michael Straczynski & Buddy the cat Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 8 January 19th 04 11:01 AM
Mike's Interview: Update Tanada Cat anecdotes 8 August 20th 03 11:33 PM