Almost had her in carrier...

Old June 26th 09, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

Default Almost had her in carrier...

Came home to find Twiggy with her two little ones, waiting for food. Fed
them @ 11.30 PM then went to put mama in carrier to await her trip to the
vet and keep her from food/water during the night. But she was too fast for
me and ran off! Now I have to wait up until she comes back, and make sure
that THIS time I DO get her into the carrier.

Could I have a few purrs for success in the mission?

P.S. Handling her this evening I noted it's no longer so easy to feel her
spine, pelvis and ribs, and she is looking better all around. Still shedding
too much, but that should quit with another week or so of eating well.

Old June 26th 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

Now she's back, but wary of me. I was able to approach her with a tiny
plastic container of half-and-half like they serve in restaurants, and she
licked some of it up. Then she followed me halfway around the house, and ran
off again.

At this rate I will be up half the night. Ah, well, it's too hot to sleep
anyhow....

Old June 26th 09, 06:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way that you can take the next step in the good deed you
are doing.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

et...

Old June 26th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

Default Got her! (Was: Almost had her in carrier...)

"Joy" wrote

| Purrs are on the way that you can take the next step in the good deed you
| are doing.

Them was some strong purrs! Twiggy + two kittens are spending the night in
my minivan, which happens to be filled with loose hay (for garden mulch).
Carriers are on the driver and passenger seats for morning. Mama will ride
to TED in the large one, kittens will be returned to the backyard for their
breakfast and to wait for their mama.

BTW this vet is the one I don't like and who often treats his hoomin
customers badly. But, he's a good surgeon, he's right in town, and he's the
only one I know of in the area who does the flank incision for spays. And I
won't have to see or speak to him this time

Old June 26th 09, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
et...

"Joy" wrote

| Purrs are on the way that you can take the next step in the good deed
you
| are doing.

Them was some strong purrs! Twiggy + two kittens are spending the night in
my minivan, which happens to be filled with loose hay (for garden mulch).
Carriers are on the driver and passenger seats for morning. Mama will ride
to TED in the large one, kittens will be returned to the backyard for
their
breakfast and to wait for their mama.

BTW this vet is the one I don't like and who often treats his hoomin
customers badly. But, he's a good surgeon, he's right in town, and he's
the
only one I know of in the area who does the flank incision for spays. And
won't have to see or speak to him this time

I'm glad it's all working out. You are good people.

Joy