Garage kitty aka Fenchurch

Old May 15th 05, 08:13 AM
Cathi

Default Garage kitty aka Fenchurch

Well, we've got as far as knowing that she weighs about 3 kg.

We took her in yesterday to be tested for FeLV and FIV. But the
language emanating from such a little cat was so appalling, that the vet
declined to deal with her - she made several swipes at him and his
staff, and appeared to really mean business. She's going in next week,
where she will be sedated and checked out properly.

And the name? Weeeeell ... first thought was Trillian, after the
Hitch-Hiker character. But it just seemed a bit obvious. I thought
Sophie, but as a work colleague's new grand-daughter is also a Sophie,
decided against it. And then a friend of Richard's came up with
Fenchurch (shortened to Fenny). Fenchurch is, in fact, another
Hitch-Hiker character, but a fairly minor one - I don't think she even
gets referred to by name until about the fourth book in the series,
despite appearing in the first. Haven't seen the film yet - do they
show the girl in the cafe in Rickmansworth, who realises what the answer
to all mankind's problems is just before the Vogons destroy Earth?
That's Fenchurch.

Despite taking Fenny to the smelly place yesterday, we seem to have been
forgiven. I woke up this morning and opened the bedroom window to see
what was out there - answer, a small white and black cat demanding
breakfast. So I staggered downstairs to feed our two, make some tea,
and then put her food outside on a plate. Except she had other ideas,
and came in when I opened the kitchen door. She was still sitting by
the back door a few minutes ago, and showed no signs of retreating back
to her garage.

Reckon we'll get her a bit more sociable in time for the Mouser's
stop-off here?
--
Cathi
Old May 15th 05, 03:03 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 15 May 2005 08:13:58 +0100, Cathi
yodeled:

[...]

I remember Fenchurch! I thought of her as soon as I saw the name.
Must be something wrong with me.

Haven't seen the film yet - do they
show the girl in the cafe in Rickmansworth

Rickmansworth is a lovely name. :P Maybe I'll name a cat Rickman
some day.

Theresa
Old May 15th 05, 04:41 PM
Marina

Cathi wrote:
Reckon we'll get her a bit more sociable in time for the Mouser's
stop-off here?

Sounds like she is doing very well in that department. Fenchurch is an
excellent name. Purrs for the next TED visit to go better.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 15th 05, 05:20 PM
Karen

in article , Cathi at
wrote on 5/15/05 2:13AM:

[...]

Apparently, if you are going to take her to the smelly place, she has
decided that you must give her increased luxury accomodations in return. I
love the name even though I have not read Hitchhikers. It's just plain fun.

Old May 15th 05, 09:21 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Cathi had some very
interesting things to say about Garage kitty aka Fenchurch:

And the name? Weeeeell ... first thought was Trillian, after the
Hitch-Hiker character. But it just seemed a bit obvious. I thought
Sophie, but as a work colleague's new grand-daughter is also a Sophie,
decided against it. And then a friend of Richard's came up with
Fenchurch (shortened to Fenny). Fenchurch is, in fact, another
Hitch-Hiker character, but a fairly minor one - I don't think she even
gets referred to by name until about the fourth book in the series,
despite appearing in the first. Haven't seen the film yet - do they
show the girl in the cafe in Rickmansworth, who realises what the answer
to all mankind's problems is just before the Vogons destroy Earth?
That's Fenchurch.

No mention of her (saw the movie yesterday).

Flexible Kitty Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 38 November 19th 04 05:09 AM
Fisticuffs Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 04 11:40 AM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM