A meow is a meow is a meow...

Old August 21st 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J Kaner

Default A meow is a meow is a meow...

"Bobcat" wrote in message
Cats are supposed to say "meow", but none of our indoor kitties do.
Martha our darling tortie says "meep" (softly). Emily our grey brat
says "yeaow" (loudly), and Sophie our chubby black sweetie says
"waa" (frequently). Only Mooch our resident stray says "meow" (two
times, quietly) when I appear on the veranda to feed him. It's as if
he's thanking me for the grub. How about YOUR furry ruler(s)? What
kind of meow do you get?

When asked if he's hungry, my cat Beachy replies "me-am".

And he only ever makes that noise when asked if he's hungry!!

Old August 21st 09, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Bobcat" skrev i meddelandet
Cats are supposed to say "meow", but none of our indoor kitties do.
Martha our darling tortie says "meep" (softly). Emily our grey brat
says "yeaow" (loudly), and Sophie our chubby black sweetie says
"waa" (frequently). Only Mooch our resident stray says "meow" (two
times, quietly) when I appear on the veranda to feed him. It's as if
he's thanking me for the grub. How about YOUR furry ruler(s)? What
kind of meow do you get?

Swedish cats say Mjau.
Hugo Katt sometimes said mjau, but also a lot of other things. He was very
talkative.
I love holding a conversation with a cat.
Elisabet

Old August 21st 09, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LadyJane

On Aug 20, 5:05*pm, Bobcat wrote:
Cats are supposed to say "meow", but none of our indoor kitties do.
Martha our darling tortie says "meep" (softly). Emily our grey brat
says "yeaow" (loudly), and Sophie our chubby black sweetie says
"waa" (frequently). Only Mooch our resident stray says "meow" (two
times, quietly) when I appear on the veranda to feed him. It's as if
he's thanking me for the grub. How about YOUR furry ruler(s)? What
kind of meow do you get?

the Princess Rita has a wide vocabulary with tons of meaning. She has
a lovely big loud MEOW when she's complaining bitterly about something
in another room. Sometimes she actually howls,sounding almost dog-
like. Usually when she just wakes up, she squeaks like a rubber
ducky. My friends find that very amusing. When my friend Helen calls
and I tell Rita that 'her favorite auntie' is on the phone, she comes
over and meows back and forth with Helen. Well, Helen talks and Rita
meows back, with different intonations. And when she's mad at me,
she stomps around and says 'ack ack ack ack' repeatedly and sounds
very annoyed. I call it 'kitty kussing'.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old August 21st 09, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Aug 20, 5:05*pm, Bobcat wrote:
Cats are supposed to say "meow", but none of our indoor kitties do.
Martha our darling tortie says "meep" (softly). Emily our grey brat
says "yeaow" (loudly), and Sophie our chubby black sweetie says
"waa" (frequently). Only Mooch our resident stray says "meow" (two
times, quietly) when I appear on the veranda to feed him. It's as if
he's thanking me for the grub. How about YOUR furry ruler(s)? What
kind of meow do you get?

We get multiple meows, including the Supersonic Silent Meow capable of
attracting dogs from as far away as Denver. Roxie is by far the most
expressive, with polysyllabic trills and meows with tone and
inflection. Philip sounds like a loud cartoon caricature of Edward G.
Robinson, and Stosh has a very soft meow for so big a boy. Stosh has
one he uses only with me, that sounds like "Ma-ma-ma-ma," and he says
it before he hops on me for my nightly massage. Sabrina is a riot; a
tiny cat, seven pounds soaking wet, she lets fly with a booming alto
"MWAAAAR!"
Brandy has a baby squeak and a high whiny mew; the China-Doll has a
breathy sound like a whispered "ha!" and also is the undisputed
mistress of the Silent Meow.

Blesse3d be,
Baha

Old August 22nd 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

BfloPolska wrote:
On Aug 20, 5:05 pm, Bobcat wrote:
[...]

Cendrillon came up with a new one today (although I'm not sure it counts
as a "meow"). When the weather is halfway decent, I leave my front door
open, so the cats can see out the screen. There are tree-tops not too
far from my door, and a railed walkway connecting the apartments on this
level (2nd floor). I assume there were birds on the railing or walkway
to prompt the reaction, but I heard the strangest sort of clicking sound
near the door, and looked up to see that it was Cendri making that
strange sound. (I once had a cat who would sort of bark at flies and
other objects she couldn't reach, but this didn't sound like anything a
feline throat was capable of producing!)
Old August 23rd 09, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

BfloPolska wrote:
On Aug 20, 5:05 pm, Bobcat wrote:
[...]

TuTu does a chattering sound when she sees birds outside. MLB

[[MEOW}} Pepper The-Cat Cats - misc 1 December 11th 06 01:43 PM
Meow, said the cat... Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 2 February 7th 06 12:19 AM
meow [email protected] Cat anecdotes 1 September 14th 05 01:36 AM
meow Cwazy Cwazy Catt Cat health & behaviour 0 September 14th 05 01:36 AM
Meow Mix CD Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 12 May 23rd 04 06:13 PM