BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 01:22 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Philip" wrote
This is a GREAT point ... one that people with common sense would not

have
to have spelled out for them. The 'eccentrics' want to blur the
difference between accepting a new pet with medical issues with one that
DEVELOPES medical issues later on.

OK. I think at least in my case, it was the tome of the post that set me
off a bit, that such behavior is "unacceptable". I was thinking more of

you
take a healthy cat and down the road he develops an issue vs. taking on a
cat with pre-existing problems. I was picturing you returning the cat at
the first sign on of trouble. I would not expect the average cat owner to
take on a cat with issues.

I assumed the same thing because jackass did not make it clear.

Old April 27th 05, 01:23 AM
Mary

"Ashley" wrote in message

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...

Would it be fair to say "Mary" and "CatNipped/Protector" are like the

junk
yard dog receptionists you always have to get past to see a new client?
LOL Don't answer!

OK :-)

Long time no see, Assley. Still stupid, I presume?

Old April 27th 05, 01:26 AM
-L.

Cat Protector wrote:
Hey CN.

You know what the interesting thing is here. He keeps assuming in his

scenario that I am married and have human kids despite not knowing

anything
about us. He also gets the sexes wrong as well. I guess he has too

many
voices in his head or something.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

No, you all sound the same after awhile. And all have the same level
of reading comprehension.

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 01:31 AM
-L.

Orchid wrote:
Then they were Early Generation cats, and *not* Bengals. To
be a Bengal, the cat must be F4 or greater. My boys are something
like F12, as are the majority of Bengals today.

Well, like I said - at least F2 or F3 - they could have been F12. I
dunno what they were. But I know they weren't breeding stock, for
sure. they came in labeled as Bengals.

And now contrast the behaviour of one of my Bengals at the vet
-- Kefka got a URI and one of his tear ducts clogged. The veterinary
opthamologist was able to flush his tear duct with only light
restraint (and a lot of Bengal vocal complaining).
It sounds like the breeder in your area was not breeding for
temperament, soundness, or anything but 'kittens to make a buck'.

I dunno. They were "****ty kitties" as we called them.

I'm a groomer as well as a trainer/behavourist. The nastiest
cats I deal with, bar none, are Persians.

Persians and Abbys. Crabby Abbys. Persians are just wicked. No doubt
about that.

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 01:34 AM
-L.

Steve G wrote:
Well, no - in fact it's probably time for you to post your periodic
apologies for wallowing in the ****e with the rest of us (vide, this
thread), and then perhaps post a christian glurge thread or two. As
such, the circle is complete.

Steve.

LOL...Don't tell be she's a bible thumper, to boot!

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 01:42 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Cat Protector wrote:
Hey CN.

You know what the interesting thing is here. He keeps assuming in his

scenario that I am married and have human kids despite not knowing

anything
about us. He also gets the sexes wrong as well. I guess he has too

many
voices in his head or something.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

No, you all sound the same after awhile. And all have the same level
of reading comprehension.

Truer words were never spoke. Amazing, how perceptive Chubs is.
Catnipped, Cat Protector, and I do indeed all sound the same,
write the same, and think the same. Wowee. lol!

Old April 27th 05, 01:46 AM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve G wrote:
Well, no - in fact it's probably time for you to post your periodic
apologies for wallowing in the ****e with the rest of us (vide, this
thread), and then perhaps post a christian glurge thread or two. As
such, the circle is complete.

Steve.

LOL...Don't tell be she's a bible thumper, to boot!

I love this. Here, we have another wonderful example of the
Denigrate Those Who Are Clearly Our Superiors tactic
used by the brilliant Lyn aka .
Following as it does on the heels of a post on the theme
of Say Something Obviously Untrue With An Authoritative
Tone, this post constitutes the "2" of this unfortunate, obese,
unemployed creature's classic "one-two" punch.

Not exactly effective, but two points for persistence!

Old April 27th 05, 01:48 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
hlink.net...
KellyH wrote:
"-L." wrote
Well, IME, and that of many, many other rescuers, Orange Cats -
especially males - tend to have the same quirks, are extremely loving
and loyal. There is no definite data to support this, but just an
observation.

Yep. Most of the orange / orange and white male cats that come into
the shelter are very sweet and friendly.

Rusty always behaved exceptionally well with big bosomed women who held
them. Was REALLY funny when he's start that kneading bit with his paws.
Never failed to amuse. LOL

Asshole.

Old April 27th 05, 01:49 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
"-L." wrote
He's already answered it, elsewhere. A cat developing a medical issue
isn't the problem. He's just doing his homework to make sure he
doesn't adopt an animal with known problems.

Yes, I did find the answer later on in the thread. This thread has gotten

bit long and unweildly.
I admit, I did take his posts wrong. I was thinking he was looking for a
cat that will never ever have a medical or behavioral issue, not that he

was
looking for one without known problems. That's completely different.

And FWIW, Phillip, if you are reading this, Kelly H isn't a troll.
She's probably one of the most sincere, down-to-earth people I have
ever met on Usenet.

Awww... thanks Lyn. So are you.
--

You betcha. Sincerely stupid, aggressive, and controlling.
And did I mention stupid? And unhappy?

Old April 27th 05, 01:51 AM
-L.

Erm...... Well, after adopting one "world's most perfect cat" as a

six
month old kitten, I did go back to a shelter and adopt a freakazoid

cat
as the 2nd one. Severe timidity, peeing and pooping problems, some
aggression when cornered. The darn shelter staff couldn't get her

into
the carrying case when I went to pick her up - lol.

Almost two years later, she's a perfect love, I adore her, hasn't had
an accident in over a year, befriends guests, wouldn't scratch me if
her life depended on it. Great cat. Did I know entirely how hard the
1st six months were going to be? No. And if I had, I might have
demurred. That would have been a big loss to me - and to her. All I'm
saying is that I opened my heart and I gave her a chance, and it's

paid
off a thousand times.

Good for you. Not many people will take on a problem cat. Bless those
who do. I sure won't.

I didn't *know* that I was up for it, and I probably wouldn't have
volunteered had I gotten a preview,

That's the telling statement, there. You wouldn't have volunteered -
nor would I, nor would most people.

but it's a damn good thing I did
and yeah, I "should have". I should have done the best job I could -
just like everything in life. Making an effort and giving a damn is
better than not making an effort and not giving a damn. Doesn't mean

can rescue all that there are. But I could do one good thing for one
creature. I've got the space and I could. And alot of other people
could, too.

What's the benefit (to cats in general) when healthy, non-problem cats
die by the thousands? Really? Benefit to one cat - so what - other
cats die. To make yourself feel better? Go ahead - knock yourself
out. Yeah, you saved a cat. Admirable as it is (and it is admirable),
it doesn't make any difference to the cat population whether it's a
pee-er, biter, healthy or whatever - one cat is one cat. Why make it
harder on yourself by adopting a challenge when healthy cats die
anyway? If you like a hard case, I suppose it might be attractive.
But I think by and large people who put themselves up on the pedastal
for taking the hard cases do it for *themselves*. It makes themselves
feel better. Honestly, I couldn't care less - I just want you to take
*a* cat - doesn't matter which one. And I really have to question the
logic/mental stability of someone who willingly takes in a cat that
pees all over the house because of behavioral issues. Who wants to
live in cat ****? I sure don't.

I think it's right and appropriate to hold each other
accountable for doing the best we can, whatever that is given our
individual circumstances. It's not admirable to do less.

"The best you can" *to you* means adopting a hard case. Fine. Lovely.
I commend you. Really. "The best you can" for other people means
different things. Personally I don't care if someone takes a biter, a
pee-er, a healthy cat, a kitten or what - as long as they take if from
a kill shelter. To me, that's doing "the best you can", for *anyone*
wanting a cat. X number of cats are slated to die. If given a choice,
I have no problem seeing a healthy cat live and a problem cat die. So
shoot me. Why make life harder on yourself than it needs to be?

(And I do
plenty for humans, too. But I can't adopt one - they take up too much
space).

Well, I did and it's the best thing I have ever done.

-L.