BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 04:49 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Mary wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve G wrote:
Well, no - in fact it's probably time for you to post your periodic
apologies for wallowing in the ****e with the rest of us (vide, this
thread), and then perhaps post a christian glurge thread or two. As
such, the circle is complete.

Steve.

LOL...Don't tell be she's a bible thumper, to boot!

I love this. Here, we have another wonderful example of the
Denigrate Those Who Are Clearly Our Superiors tactic
used by the brilliant Lyn aka .
Following as it does on the heels of a post on the theme
of Say Something Obviously Untrue With An Authoritative
Tone, this post constitutes the "2" of this unfortunate, obese,
unemployed creature's classic "one-two" punch.

Not exactly effective, but two points for persistence!

Just how overweight are you, Mary?

Hee! Oh, Phillip, your killfile is leaking!

Old April 27th 05, 04:50 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Mary wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
hlink.net...
KellyH wrote:
"-L." wrote
Well, IME, and that of many, many other rescuers, Orange Cats -
especially males - tend to have the same quirks, are extremely
loving and loyal. There is no definite data to support this, but
just an observation.

Yep. Most of the orange / orange and white male cats that come into
the shelter are very sweet and friendly.

Rusty always behaved exceptionally well with big bosomed women who
held them. Was REALLY funny when he's start that kneading bit with
his paws. Never failed to amuse. LOL

Asshole.

Your disapproval PROVES he was the best cat ever. ;-)

Stick around, Phil. We've got something for everything, particularly
obsessives.

Old April 27th 05, 04:52 AM
Mary

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
Sigh. I am nobody's goody two shoes. I do however belong to 3 great cats
named Isis, Jade, and Icarus who much to Phil and Brad's chagrin are all
rescues. No breeder needed to get these cats.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Mary" wrote in message
**** off, Brad. CP may be a goody-twoshoes but he is OUR
goody-twoshoes.

I was just playing. Despite our differences, at least you do
not support breeders.

Old April 27th 05, 04:56 AM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mary wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Steve G wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
(...)
Ohmygawd, now I've done it! I guess I'll have to crawl off and

die
(don't
get your hopes up Lyn and Megan!).

Well, no - in fact it's probably time for you to post your

periodic
apologies for wallowing in the ****e with the rest of us (vide,

this
thread), and then perhaps post a christian glurge thread or two.

As
such, the circle is complete.

Steve.

Naw. I think it's time for a recipe. I'm getting really tired of
****ing Cheese Sandwiches.

Before Steve can say it: "that's "****ing" used as an adjective and
not a verb, right? :-)

Oh, but of course. You remember that *every* recipe starts with
"****ing" on our fair newsgroup. I was really hoping someone would post
the recipet for ****ing Tomato Soup to go with the ****ing Cheese
Sandwich recipe Steve G posted earlier.

lol! As you surmised, I forgot all about that post!

Old April 27th 05, 04:58 AM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote

I feel like I'm giving that cat a chance
he probably wouldn't have otherwise.

--

You are, and that is priceless. It shows your character,
too. That is something you cannot fake.

Old April 27th 05, 05:01 AM
Philip

-L. wrote:
What's the benefit (to cats in general) when healthy, non-problem cats
die by the thousands? Really? Benefit to one cat - so what - other
cats die. To make yourself feel better? Go ahead - knock yourself
out. Yeah, you saved a cat. Admirable as it is (and it is admirable),
it doesn't make any difference to the cat population whether it's a
pee-er, biter, healthy or whatever - one cat is one cat. Why make it
harder on yourself by adopting a challenge when healthy cats die
anyway? If you like a hard case, I suppose it might be attractive.
But I think by and large people who put themselves up on the pedastal
for taking the hard cases do it for *themselves*. It makes themselves
feel better. Honestly, I couldn't care less - I just want you to take
*a* cat - doesn't matter which one. And I really have to question the
logic/mental stability of someone who willingly takes in a cat that
pees all over the house because of behavioral issues. Who wants to
live in cat ****? I sure don't.

Lynn has the Big Picture in focus!!! Life with someone vs certain Death in
a shelter or from sickness.

"The best you can" *to you* means adopting a hard case. Fine.
Lovely. I commend you. Really. "The best you can" for other people
means different things. Personally I don't care if someone takes a
biter, a pee-er, a healthy cat, a kitten or what - as long as they
take it from a kill shelter. To me, that's doing "the best you can",
for *anyone* wanting a cat. X number of cats are slated to die. If
given a choice, I have no problem seeing a healthy cat live and a
problem cat die. So shoot me. Why make life harder on yourself than
it needs to be?

snip
-L.

No sapient cat owner can argue against your reasoning, Lynn.

Old April 27th 05, 05:01 AM
Philip

Catnipped wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Erm...... Well, after adopting one "world's most perfect cat" as a

six
month old kitten, I did go back to a shelter and adopt a freakazoid

cat
as the 2nd one. Severe timidity, peeing and pooping problems, some
aggression when cornered. The darn shelter staff couldn't get her

into
the carrying case when I went to pick her up - lol.

Almost two years later, she's a perfect love, I adore her, hasn't
had
an accident in over a year, befriends guests, wouldn't scratch me if
her life depended on it. Great cat. Did I know entirely how hard
the 1st six months were going to be? No. And if I had, I might have
demurred. That would have been a big loss to me - and to her. All
I'm saying is that I opened my heart and I gave her a chance, and
it's

paid
off a thousand times.

Good for you. Not many people will take on a problem cat. Bless
those who do. I sure won't.

I didn't *know* that I was up for it, and I probably wouldn't have
volunteered had I gotten a preview,

That's the telling statement, there. You wouldn't have volunteered -
nor would I, nor would most people.

but it's a damn good thing I did
and yeah, I "should have". I should have done the best job I could -
just like everything in life. Making an effort and giving a damn is
better than not making an effort and not giving a damn. Doesn't mean

can rescue all that there are. But I could do one good thing for one
creature. I've got the space and I could. And alot of other people
could, too.

[...]

I think it's right and appropriate to hold each other
accountable for doing the best we can, whatever that is given our
individual circumstances. It's not admirable to do less.

"The best you can" *to you* means adopting a hard case. Fine.
Lovely. I commend you. Really. "The best you can" for other
people means different things. Personally I don't care if someone
takes a biter, a pee-er, a healthy cat, a kitten or what - as long
as they take if from
a kill shelter. To me, that's doing "the best you can", for *anyone*
wanting a cat. X number of cats are slated to die. If given a
choice,
I have no problem seeing a healthy cat live and a problem cat die.
So shoot me. Why make life harder on yourself than it needs to be?

And there we have selfish, me-first, uncompassionate Lyn in a
nutshell. As I just got finished writing, the only thing she
understands is "What's in it for me?".

Traceyrose, I really hope you're considering the source here.

(And I do
plenty for humans, too. But I can't adopt one - they take up too
much space).

Well, I did and it's the best thing I have ever done.

-L.

For you maybe, but I have doubts that it was the best thing for that
poor boy having to grow up with a hard selfish person like you for a
mother!

"CatNipped", that was not only a cheap shot, it was just low class
bitchiness.

Old April 27th 05, 05:07 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote

.. But I can't adopt one - they take up too
much space).

Well, I did and it's the best thing I have ever done.

-L.

For you maybe, but I have doubts that it was the best thing for that
poor boy having to grow up with a hard selfish person like you for a
mother!

"CatNipped", that was not only a cheap shot, it was just low class
bitchiness.

Also excellent describers for Lyn.

Old April 27th 05, 05:12 AM
Mary

"Philip" wrote -L.

No sapient cat owner can argue against your reasoning, Lynn.

Uh, so I'm guessing you agree with her? Is this asinine
pronouncement really necessary? Absolutes and all?
Meanwhile, when sapience bites you in the ass I hope
someone lets you know it is your ass and not third
base it bit.

HTH.

Old April 27th 05, 05:30 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Brad" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:46:39 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

I never stated you had intentions in becoming a breeder. But I do
have a dim view on people who make up various excuses as to why
they decided to go to a breeder to get a cat because they are too
saddened at going to a shelter to see cats that desperately need
new homes especially right now due to cat and kitten season. Sure
it is a little sad to see all the cats in the shelter because you
want to adopt all of them but when you find that one special cat
there it is a great feeling when you decide to bring them home. I
had that very closeness with Isis. When she saw me, she meowed and
rubbed up against the glass as if she had known me all of her life.
When I held her it was great and I knew she was going home with me.
I never regretted it and seven years later she is still queen of
the house and I am her proud human servent.

I think we know your views why dont you just shut the hell
up.........what the hell is up with you........were you an orphan and
no one wanted you because you were still in diapers at 10 years old??

Your goody two shoes routine is getting sickening......

**** off, Brad. CP may be a goody-twoshoes but he is OUR
goody-twoshoes.

"Our?" Mary, are you leading the All-American First Cavalry Amazon
Battalion?