BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 05:43 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Brad" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 20:46:39 -0700, "Cat Protector"
wrote:

I never stated you had intentions in becoming a breeder. But I do
have a dim view on people who make up various excuses as to why
they decided to go to a breeder to get a cat because they are too
saddened at going to a shelter to see cats that desperately need
new homes especially right now due to cat and kitten season. Sure
it is a little sad to see all the cats in the shelter because you
want to adopt all of them but when you find that one special cat
there it is a great feeling when you decide to bring them home. I
had that very closeness with Isis. When she saw me, she meowed and
rubbed up against the glass as if she had known me all of her life.
When I held her it was great and I knew she was going home with me.
I never regretted it and seven years later she is still queen of
the house and I am her proud human servent.

I think we know your views why dont you just shut the hell
up.........what the hell is up with you........were you an orphan and
no one wanted you because you were still in diapers at 10 years old??

Your goody two shoes routine is getting sickening......

**** off, Brad. CP may be a goody-twoshoes but he is OUR
goody-twoshoes.

"Our?" Mary, are you leading the All-American First Cavalry Amazon
Battalion?

Old April 27th 05, 05:44 AM
Philip

The embarrassment is yours ... for declaring you belong to a lower creature.
But of course (let's hope), you are joking. ;-) You have one of the
"Goody Two Shoes" on already so you may as well slip on the one other too.

Cat Protector wrote:
Sigh. I am nobody's goody two shoes. I do however belong to 3 great
cats named Isis, Jade, and Icarus who much to Phil and Brad's chagrin
are all rescues. No breeder needed to get these cats.

Old April 27th 05, 05:44 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"Mary" wrote in message
**** off, Brad. CP may be a goody-twoshoes but he is OUR
goody-twoshoes.

I was just playing. Despite our differences, at least you do
not support breeders.

Sounds like a gay thing.

Old April 27th 05, 05:44 AM
Philip

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article ,
kaeli wrote:

Welcome to the NG Of Our Lives. This week on NOUL, we'll have people
accusing other people of being assholes, bitches, or whatnot, people
telling other people to stay on topic dammit, people responding to
those people telling them to not respond to OT posts or to label
them as such, and people getting ****ed off that people are getting
****ed off at OT posts.

Where's the sex and drugs, that's what I want to know?

"Where's da White women?!"

Old April 27th 05, 05:47 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Philip" wrote in message
link.net...
Mary wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Steve G wrote:
Well, no - in fact it's probably time for you to post your
periodic apologies for wallowing in the ****e with the rest of us
(vide, this thread), and then perhaps post a christian glurge
thread or two. As such, the circle is complete.

Steve.

LOL...Don't tell be she's a bible thumper, to boot!

I love this. Here, we have another wonderful example of the
Denigrate Those Who Are Clearly Our Superiors tactic
used by the brilliant Lyn aka .
Following as it does on the heels of a post on the theme
of Say Something Obviously Untrue With An Authoritative
Tone, this post constitutes the "2" of this unfortunate, obese,
unemployed creature's classic "one-two" punch.

Not exactly effective, but two points for persistence!

Just how overweight are you, Mary?

Hee! Oh, Phillip, your killfile is leaking!

AS I said earlier, killfiling starts tomorrow. Live it up while you can,
babe.

Old April 27th 05, 05:54 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Philip" wrote -L.

No sapient cat owner can argue against your reasoning, Lynn.

Uh, so I'm guessing you agree with her? Is this asinine
pronouncement really necessary? Absolutes and all?
Meanwhile, when sapience bites you in the ass I hope
someone lets you know it is your ass and not third
base it bit.

Keep guessin'. I tell you when you've got it right.

Old April 27th 05, 05:55 AM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"Philip" wrote

. But I can't adopt one - they take up too
much space).

Well, I did and it's the best thing I have ever done.

-L.

For you maybe, but I have doubts that it was the best thing for that
poor boy having to grow up with a hard selfish person like you for a
mother!

"CatNipped", that was not only a cheap shot, it was just low class
bitchiness.

Also excellent describers for Lyn.

Low class bitchiness also describes much of your behavior. But you can
change that in a flash ... a hot flash that is.

Old April 27th 05, 07:08 AM
-L.

KellyH wrote:

Chiming in here, as someone who has adopted both the regular happy,

healthy,
no issues cat and the special needs cat.
When I adopted my "normal" cats, I was your average cat owner. Not
exceptionally educated about cat behavior or medical issues. In one

case,
my husband really wanted a cat to be "his" cat; a cat he could pick

up,
cuddle, sit in his lap, be happy when he got home, etc. I don't

think we
were bad people for seeking out this type of cat.
I have two special needs cats. Both were my fosters (ok, one still

sort of
is, Ana, the liver shunt cat I've posted about before. Mom and Dad

aren't
sure about taking her, but that's another post). By this time, I had

been
volunteering with the shelter for a while and had become much more

educated
on behavior and medical issues. Antonio is a semi-feral cat. He

does not
have any health problems, but his semi-feral nature is not one most

people
seek out in a cat. I can rarely pick him up, he does not like to be

petted,
he only sits with me at certain times, not exactly a people cat. I

decided
to keep him not only because I became attached, but I felt it was the

best
thing for him. He had integrated into the household and I did not

want to
disrupt any progress he had made.
With Ana, it's partially I'm so attached to her, and also that in the

months
that she's been on the website, we've only had one inquiry about her.

Almost no one wants a cat that needs medicine twice a day when we

have
plenty of other healthy cats.
OK, I got kind of rambly. My point is that now that I am a more

experienced
cat person, I feel like I do have an obligation to take on a more
challenging cat. The special needs cat needs someone like me. The

average
cat will be fine with a regular cat owner. Yes, in the grand scheme

of
things it's still just one life. I feel like I'm giving that cat a

chance
he probably wouldn't have otherwise.

--
-Kelly

Well, of course. But you're also not one who ****s on people who don't
want the challenge.

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 07:17 AM
-L.

Kelly wrote:

Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's
still just one life.

"Just one life" should never be minimized and the life of one cat is
just as important as the lives of many.

What do you mean by "life of one cat is just as important as the lives
of many"? I can't believe you'd mean that saving one cat instead of
saving many is the right/righteous thing to do.

If you mean making a difference to just one "matters", well, yeah, of
course it does. That kind of goes without saying.

I haven't seen the starfish
story posted here for a long time, but this is certainly an

appropriate
moment to do so.

Megan

Just for what it's worth I wasn't "minimizing" "just one life". Of
course it matters to the cat. But my point was, that "one life" can be
a challenge or not so much of a challenge. And I don't see anything
wrong with choosing the "not so much of a challenge" scenario when
healthy cats die daily for lack of homes. Not everyone is prepared to
deal with special needs or "problem" cats. And ****ting on people
because they aren't is just another case of "holier than thou".

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 07:37 AM
-L.

Philip wrote:

Just how overweight are you, Mary?

Oh, I'm convinced "Mary" is a sexually frustrated, pimply-assed
teenaged boy. At least, that's how she comes off.

Oh, and "she's" probably a major bible-thumper too, since she foams at
the mouth anytime anyone mentions abortion, and "she" lives in the Land
O' Jesse Helms.

-L.