BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 02:13 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
Kelly wrote:

Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's
still just one life.

"Just one life" should never be minimized and the life of one cat is
just as important as the lives of many. I haven't seen the starfish
story posted here for a long time, but this is certainly an appropriate
moment to do so.

Megan

Ohmygawd - two of the "in crowd" are disagreeing - that's it, this newsgroup
is officially imploded!

Old April 27th 05, 02:13 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Just for what it's worth I wasn't "minimizing" "just one life". Of
course it matters to the cat. But my point was, that "one life" can be
a challenge or not so much of a challenge. And I don't see anything
wrong with choosing the "not so much of a challenge" scenario when
healthy cats die daily for lack of homes. Not everyone is prepared to
deal with special needs or "problem" cats. And ****ting on people
because they aren't is just another case of "holier than thou".

-L.

Ah, and here she goes trying to back pedal and suck up to get back into
Megan's good graces - I knew it couldn't last.

Old April 27th 05, 02:14 PM
kaeli

In article .net, 1chip-
enlightened us with...

Then please enlighten me as to how you would interpret, "you probably
don't want to know how I taught
him where it was ok to yak", I really would like to know.

If I had low self esteem like you do, then my imagination would take over.
If I had good self esteem, I would ask for a description offline ... because
I'm not afraid of what I might learn.

As I did.

And I will categorically state that I do not at all believe it to be abusive
in any way, shape, or form.

~kaeli~
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old April 27th 05, 02:15 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
What do you mean by "life of one cat is
just as important as the lives of many"?

I am saying that one cat matters just as much as many do. For example,
someone that wants a purebred and justifies it by saying that if they
went to a shelter it would only save one cat so what difference does it
make anyway. IT certainly makes a dfference to that cat that isn't
adopted and is killed. Or Kelly's saving a cat yet saying it's "just one
life" as though it doesn't mean as much.
It DOES mean as much, whether one cat or one hundred are saved. And it
especially matters to the cat being saved.

Until there are none, rescue one.

Gotta say it, the girl girl is not easily accepting Lynnie's lips on her
ass - way to show some backbone Megan!

Old April 27th 05, 02:15 PM
KellyH

"-L." wrote
Well, of course. But you're also not one who ****s on people who don't
want the challenge.

No, I don't. At the shelter, I steer people towards the cat that is best
suited for them. If they are inexperienced or always had easy cats and
aren't up for a challenge, I show them the friendly, well-behaved cats. If
someone comes in and talks about how their last cat needed sub-q fluids and
was semi-feral, I'll feel them out as a potential home for a difficult cat.
Sometimes they are ready to jump back in, sometimes they want to take a
break and have an easy cat. I don't think any less of them.

--
-Kelly

Old April 27th 05, 02:15 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I am saying that one cat matters just as much as many do. For

example,
someone that wants a purebred and justifies it by saying that if they
went to a shelter it would only save one cat so what difference does

it
make anyway. IT certainly makes a dfference to that cat that isn't
adopted and is killed. Or Kelly's saving a cat yet saying it's "just

one
life" as though it doesn't mean as much.
It DOES mean as much, whether one cat or one hundred are saved. And

it
especially matters to the cat being saved.

Until there are none, rescue one.

Megan

Oh, ITA. I just didn't understand, the way you worded it.

Slurp, slurp, slurp that brown stuff! LOL Please forgive her Megan, she
knew not what she was saying! ROTFLMAO!!!

-L.

Old April 27th 05, 02:27 PM
CatNipped

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

most fastidious little kitty on earth. And ya know, when my husband
gets sick and vomits,
(which happened a few months ago), I didn't kick him out of the house
either. I cleaned it up. He leaves the tube off the toothpaste and
towels on the floor sometimes, too, but he's still here :

I'm sure he loves being equated with a cat. IMO, that's disrespectful,
but you're entitled to equate him with whatever you want - he's yours.

*Some* people would feel complimented by that.

Sure they are. They take more time, energy and money. That's why they
are the first to be euthed when the decision has to be made.

Some people are willing to be inconvenienced for the sake of another life,
some aren't - like I said I feel sorry for those in your care as you most
definitely fall into the latter category.

I didn't mean to be belittling - just calling it like I see it. I
don't believe true altruism exists. I'm sorry if you took my comments
personally - it was not intended to be so.

For you, altruism doesn't - for others it does. You don't even *try* to
understand higher values - you simply dismiss as nonexistant what you can't
comprehend! Sad.

Old April 27th 05, 02:29 PM
KellyH

"Philip" wrote
Examples of intrusive questions:

1) What is your family's gross income?
2) How many unoccupied rooms in your home?
3) Will the adopted cat have a "safe room" of its own?
4) Do you have a pet health insurance plan in effect?
5) Is the veterinary you plan to use a dedicated cat only facility?
6) Are you and your spouse of the same race?
7) Do you have a political affiliation? What is it?

Yeah, these are over the top. Were they really on a shelter application? I
don't see what #6 and #7 have to do with anything.
As for pet insurance, it's just not practical in my case, but my vet always
gets paid. Oh, and there is no cat-only vet in this area.
--
-Kelly

Old April 27th 05, 02:37 PM
CatNipped

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
. net...
In article ,
kaeli wrote:

In article .net,
1chip-
enlightened us with...

I was just playing. Despite our differences, at least you do
not support breeders.

Sounds like a gay thing.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
*ahem*

I've noticed that someone (not kaeli), I'm not saying who ("ladies,"
"typical feminine") seems to have some women/sexuality issues, which
means I can't take them seriously. Too much throwback going on there.

I could take that if he also exhibited the *virtues* associated with being
reared in an earlier generation - chauvinism can be ameliorated by respect,
kindness, compassion - all of the values that were taught along with the
errors propagated by an earlier time. However, this guy seems to have
latched on to all the of bad without gleaning any of the good.

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
http://www.slywy.com/

Old April 27th 05, 02:38 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

Knowing as I do that cats with UTIs and other kidney and/or bowel problems
will frequently urinate and/or defecate outside the litterbox, and knowing
that cats need to be gently trained to use a scratching posts instead of
furniture (it's not something they're born knowing), and knowing that
sometimes visitors *deserve* to be bitten, and knowing that a cat's physical
/ genetic defects are not a result of anything it did wrong - knowing all of
that and then hearing him say that these are "unacceptable behaviors",
without any qualifications

That's the point you missed.
He didn't state any qualifications because it was a general response to a
question someone asked.
How long a post did you want the guy to make?
I mean, really, in general, ****ing and ****ting in my floor is completely
unacceptable behavior. Scratching my stuff is unacceptable. Visitors never
deserve to be bitten. If I think they're doing something wrong, *I'll* smack
them. It's not up to my animal to decide (lawsuit, anyone?). That's called
aggression and I don't tolerate it. I wouldn't adopt a cat that was already
known to have genetic defects.
Again, these are all very general and have a lot of qualifications. But the
qualifications would be longer than this post. LOL

me that impression. Also his hinting that what he did to teach is cat
"where it was ok to yak" was not going to be welcomed by cat lovers gave me
the impression that not only was he overly controlling, but possibly abusive
(why else would he say "you probably don't want to know how I taught him
where it was ok to yak").

To troll?

His "technique" is nothing abusive. If he wants to publically post, that's
his business. But no harm at all comes to the cat.
I have a feeling he was yanking chains. LOL

Training his cat to only barf on tile is an example.

If I could, I would.
I finally got my dog to barf on tile.

But would you abuse your cat if that was the only way to train your cat to
barf on time as Philip implied?

You assumed too much. It isn't abusive.

Hey, if I'm sick, I barf in the toilet, not on the couch. *heh*

But if it was your child who was sick and vomited in his/her bed, would
he/she be punished for it?

Yes -- in a way. Punishment in its most basic form is when unpleasant
consequences happen as a result of behavior, thus decreasing the behavior.
They see you getting all grossed out and **** and are embarrassed, which is
unpleasant.
They know (once they're old enough) that it isn't appropriate, just like
****ing the sheets isn't appropriate. You don't physically punish them for
either, but you do try to catch them and direct them to the appropriate
location. So, 'corrected' might be the better term. Just like you correct any
behavior you don't like. You direct it somewhere else or teach the proper
behavior.

Of course, a hairball is different than really getting sick, but it's close
enough for this example.

~kaeli~
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball!