BENGAL cats

Old April 27th 05, 02:41 PM
kaeli

In article .net, 1chip-
enlightened us with...

Considering the rather un-catlike behaviors I witnessed at a Bengal cattery
were F3+ cats were present, I would beg to differ. I have never seen plain
ol loveable housecats JUMP INTO water ... or run in a spinning wheel like a
hamster ... or leap vertically or horizontally distances of 6-8 feet ... or
growl like like a large dog. You? I had a 12 month old Bengal run up my
arm (good thing I had a long sleeved sweatshirt on), perch on my shoulder
and then stick its nose in my ear. You?

Those ARE cat-like behaviors...just not the usual *domestic* cat.

[ boy do I want one NOW... ]

~kaeli~
The definition of a will?... (It's a dead giveaway.)
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Old April 27th 05, 02:45 PM
KellyH

"CatNipped" wrote
Slurp, slurp, slurp that brown stuff! LOL Please forgive her Megan, she
knew not what she was saying! ROTFLMAO!!!

Megan and Lyn haven't always gotten along. Some people know how to agree on
some subjects even though they disagree on others. Imagine that.

--
-Kelly

Old April 27th 05, 02:46 PM
kaeli

In article .net, 1chip-
enlightened us with...
"Unacceptable" means correction is needed. That's all. How long one
tolerates the "unacceptable" and what one does about the "unacceptable"
varies.

Thank you!
I understood this as a given, but I guess a lot of other people did not.

~kaeli~
Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Old April 27th 05, 03:28 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

I know how you both feel. Sammy wasn't a "planned" kitty either. ; We
were in PetsMart getting food for the three we could already barely afford
and a woman was trying to pawn off the results of her unspayed queen onto
the rescue people there (in the middle of kitten season!!). The no-kill
operation was just too flooded with other cats to take them and had to turn
her away. I couldn't let her walk out the door with those kittens knowing
her next stop was the kill shelter, so I grabbed up Sammy and damn the
consequences (another lady took the other two kittens, thankgawd). Now, I
can't imagine my life without her - when she snuggles up to me for a good
toe-sucking session, or licks my face when I kiss her head - man, you can't
*BUY* that kind of feeling, that's for sure! ;

That reminds me of my seriously unplanned kitty, Jeffrey.
I know I have this habit of taking in the ones other people don't want
because I feel bad for them. So I go into the pet store by my house to get
supplies, knowing they don't have an adoption center, so no temptation.
Right?
Wrong. LOL
They were having one of those adoption days when the groups come out and show
their kitties. And so there I am, looking at all the sweet kitties, and in
one of the bottom carrier cage things was this bedraggled, beaten up cat
huddled in the corner. No coaxing would move him -- he was scared to pieces
at all the noise.
So I'm trying to pet his chin through the bars and feeling bad for him (he
was beat up by the other cats he was rescued from) and the lady asks me "Do
you want to hold him". NO was my first reaction, but I hear myself saying
"sure". Go figure.
So she takes him out and sets him in my lap and he's all scared and shaking,
but he doesn't try to run or bite or scratch; he just huddles there, and I'm
petting him and all of a sudden I feel him relax a bit and start to purr
softly. Other people are getting gooey over the kittens and friendly cats,
and he's already half won me. Then she tells me he usually does try to run
b/c he's scared, so he must really like me (she could have been lying LOL).
And she tells me about his rescue from a cat collector with 70 other cats.
Damn...
I know I shouldn't get a third cat, so I reluctantly hand him back (after
waffling for nearly an HOUR and pretty much falling for him) and tell her
that if if no one takes him over the weekend (they were going to be at the
store for another day) to give me a call.
She called me three days later and asked me if I still wanted him.
Yup. 'Course I did. *heh*
That's my Jeffrey now, and he's just the biggest love. I figure since I gave
him back and no one else took him, he must be supposed to be mine. Or
something like that.

~kaeli~
In democracy your vote counts. In feudalism your count votes.

Old April 27th 05, 03:38 PM

Shoot a cat; save a lot of rabbits and
birds.

Since man is responsible for the decimation of habitat, poisons and
other destructive practices that kill more wildlfe than all other things
combined, will you be recommending shooting people too?

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old April 27th 05, 03:53 PM
Karen

"kaeli" wrote in message
That's my Jeffrey now, and he's just the biggest love. I figure since I

gave
him back and no one else took him, he must be supposed to be mine. Or
something like that.

No. That makes perfect sense.

Old April 27th 05, 04:41 PM
Philip

-L. wrote:
wrote:
She doesn't and didn't pee all
over the house. She missed the litterbox a few times when she got
startled. Eventually she realized she was safe here, for the first
time in her entire life, and now she loves her litterbox and is
probably the most fastidious little kitty on earth. And ya know,
when my husband gets sick and vomits,
(which happened a few months ago), I didn't kick him out of the house
either. I cleaned it up. He leaves the tube off the toothpaste and
towels on the floor sometimes, too, but he's still here :

Silly woman. Husband leaving the cap off the toothpaste, or leaving a towel
on the floor, or vomiting from your cooking equates to feline spraying
outside the box? .... followed up by ..."but he's still here." Probably
because he still keeps a roof over your head. You better keep faking it.
LOL

I'm sure he loves being equated with a cat. IMO, that's
disrespectful, but you're entitled to equate him with whatever you
want - he's yours.

You women. "He's yours" until ... a younger replacement comes along and
gives him "the eye." Then for a moment ... maybe longer, he AIN'T yours.
LOL

It's called living with others. There ain't no perfect humans and
there ain't no perfect cats. We gotta love one another despite the
flaws.

Since you like human anologies - Would you choose to marry an
alcoholic just because he's a "hard case" or an "underdog"? Many
women do, and would argue that you need to "help those less
fortunate". I don't get the logic, personally.
snip
-L

"tracyrose" is spouting feel good gibberish. Let's say two men have
extraordinarily attractive personalities. But one is a well built man with
a good income while the other walks with a cane and is on permanent
Disability. Oh ... and did I mention that our "tracyrose" wants to start a
family. I expect to hear a lot of lip service to an ideal but looking around
.... the first candidate wins the right to breed. Do you like that word
...."breed"!? LOL (sorry ... could not resist)

Old April 27th 05, 04:41 PM
Philip

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:51:55 GMT, "Philip"
wrote:

Recall my stated purpose for visiting this forum. To solicit
information about Bengal cats and to a lesser extent Ocicats. It
was never my stated purpose to invite public debate about the merits
of purebreds vs. moggies, shelter vs. breeder. Some of the ladies
here are overrun by their emotions while a couple are governed by
good sense. The killfile is being populated with the former.

Yes, your purpose in visiting this forum was to get information, but
you have also looked at hundreds of shelter cats, which suggests you
want a cat of your own. Why are you having such a hard time finding
the right one?

Charlie

Good question. I have some answers. Recently (4/12) we lost our very
special male tabby (14) to an enlarged heart condition. Best cat I have ever
owned for a host of reasons. So there is the lost followed by a healing
process in place. I like active, vocal, very people friendly cats tiger
striped tabbies. That's my thing. The interest in Bengals and Ocicats did
not become a research persuit until recently. The walks through two
shelters (wife put this project on me) was not only overwhelming, it was
numbing. The only decent candidates (my subjective term) were the "Owner
Surrendered" cats. And all these cats were adults. Due to past
experiences, I prefer a young impressionable cat that has not acquired a bag
full of bad habits from abuse, neglect, or living outdoors. Like Rusty, the
next one will also be an indoor only.

Hard time. Well, you should see what some people think a run-of-the-mill
yellow tabby kitten is worth. How about a high of $225!! (each). On the
other end, I see private parties in the paper giving them away but of course
.... I would have to foot the immediate vaccinations and sterilization.
Ultimately, I will find what I'm looking for. A tiger striped yellow/orange
shorthair with that precocious, interactive, in-your-face personality.