PING: Monique

Old April 13th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default PING: Monique

I tell you what, since I started avoiding almost anything that is not
organic I have seen a major improvement (also on Librax still). I am also
observing that the *combination* in which I eat is important (I believe).
but the biggest thing is I have not eaten out at any restaurant except the
organic deli and one greek restaurant where I know everything is made from
fresh food. It might be worth investigating trying to stick to as
unprocessed of food as possible and don't let yourself get too far from a
healthy snack. Also, anything you eat that is acidic (even like an orange
etc.) make sure you have a nice soluble thing with it - even a half piece of
organic white bread. Just some thoughts (takes some planning but does seem
to make a diff).

Old April 13th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13, Karen penned:
I tell you what, since I started avoiding almost anything that is
not organic I have seen a major improvement (also on Librax still).
I am also observing that the *combination* in which I eat is
important (I believe). but the biggest thing is I have not eaten
out at any restaurant except the organic deli and one greek
restaurant where I know everything is made from fresh food. It might
be worth investigating trying to stick to as unprocessed of food as
possible and don't let yourself get too far from a healthy snack.
Also, anything you eat that is acidic (even like an orange etc.)
make sure you have a nice soluble thing with it - even a half piece
of organic white bread. Just some thoughts (takes some planning but
does seem to make a diff).

Thanks, Karen!

As I understand it, everyone is different. I am 100% convinced that
stress is the determining factor for me. Food probably affects it,
but regardless of what I eat, it seems that my stomach will be upset
if I am stressed.

Hopefully I can get an appt with my doctor today and maybe we can rule
out/in an ulcer ...

Unfortunately, my lifestyle is closely tied to eating out, and I'm not
sure I can totally eliminate it. But it's worth trying to minimize if
it does make a difference.

As for acidic, I think that may be a problem when I drink decaf
coffee. I've stopped drinking the decaf at work, but maybe I need to
eliminate it totally. That would be awful =/

The xylitol was a horrible idea. It didn't make my stomach *hurt*, but
even one little packet in my drink caused my stomach to rumble
ominously and, er, well, the results just weren't pleasant. You were
right about that one. DH reported similar issues.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 13th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
I tell you what, since I started avoiding almost anything that is not
organic I have seen a major improvement (also on Librax still). I am also
observing that the *combination* in which I eat is important (I believe).
but the biggest thing is I have not eaten out at any restaurant except the
organic deli and one greek restaurant where I know everything is made from
fresh food. It might be worth investigating trying to stick to as
unprocessed of food as possible and don't let yourself get too far from a
healthy snack. Also, anything you eat that is acidic (even like an orange
etc.) make sure you have a nice soluble thing with it - even a half piece of
organic white bread. Just some thoughts (takes some planning but does seem
to make a diff).

Glad you're feeling better! I bet it is next to impossible to find a
restaurant that serves organic food.
It's hard here, to find a restaurant that has options for a fat-free
diet. You'd be surprised how many of them don't even have a bottle of
fat-free salad dressing, or offer egg substitute. . Maybe it's just a
southern thing. It's better than it used to be. At least now, even the
fast food places have things like fat-free smoothies.

Sherry

Old April 13th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2006-04-13, Karen penned:
[...]

Look for restaurants in your area that make things from scratch. It will
help and I would think in your area (CO being the naturalist place it is)
there would be some good ones. You can get take out from those places too. I
would guess this is maybe the biggest difference in the last month. I used
eat out practically everyday.

As for acidic, I think that may be a problem when I drink decaf
coffee. I've stopped drinking the decaf at work, but maybe I need to
eliminate it totally. That would be awful =/

One address:

http://www.toddycafe.com/

Strips 67% of acid out of coffee. I simply refuse to give up coffee. I
bought one of these two weeks ago. Now, it isn't AS good as brewed, or
rather I should say it is a bit different than brewed. Really smooth. But it
is very good. You only have to make every once in a while (I do it on say
Saturday night). It really does make a HUGE difference. Use filtered water
for best effect. Best 30 bucks you can spend.

The xylitol was a horrible idea. It didn't make my stomach *hurt*, but
even one little packet in my drink caused my stomach to rumble
ominously and, er, well, the results just weren't pleasant. You were
right about that one. DH reported similar issues.

I'm telling you, I"ve decided that for some folks, if it isn't the way God
made it, your body is going to do terrible things. I knew that about me too,
from when Grandma's packaged soft cookies came out. I took one bite of those
(this was back in my college days mind) and I could TASTE the chemicals
used. I couldn't finish (and believe me, I could eat anything back then).
Same with aspartame. I will say, I've had *small* amounts of Splenda that
didn't seem to cause a problem, but mostly, I'd just stick with honey or
something if I need it. See if you have a local natural foods CO-OP with a
deli. Mine is SOOOOO great. The food is delicious. THey make different stuff
everyday. I have been just getting some of their salads and stuff and their
"take home" meals. Faster than take out, and better. I also have great luck
with Amy's Country Vegetable pot pies, the black bean enchildas and her
Chili with cornbread. (I do take Beano before I eat anything really fiber
filled - just to make sure). I still think that there is something funky
with my ovary but all the other stuff as reeeeeaaally made a 180 turn.

YOu just have to figure out which things do it for you or not.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 13th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote in message
oups.com...

Karen wrote:
[...]

It's not too bad here in Lincoln actually. But I can imagine down south
would be horrible.

Old April 13th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default PING: Sherry

Hey, check this out:

http://www.oklahomafood.coop/piperma...ry/000217.html

Old April 13th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:59:13 -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

On 2006-04-13, Karen penned:
[...]

Perhaps you should try a good soup (no cream) and see how that works.
MLB

Old April 13th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13, Karen penned:

Look for restaurants in your area that make things from scratch. It
will help and I would think in your area (CO being the naturalist
place it is) there would be some good ones. You can get take out
from those places too. I would guess this is maybe the biggest
difference in the last month. I used eat out practically everyday.

It's possible, but typically expensive and time consuming. The likely
choice organic foods market in Boulder has the parking lot from hell,
for example, and I'm literally afraid to park there during peak hours.

One address:

http://www.toddycafe.com/

I've been curious about these for a while. Maybe time to check 'em
out.

Anyway, I saw a doctor today. She agrees that my symptoms point to
IBS, but she also took blood for a thyroid test and I'm supposed to
give some icky samples to a lab to rule out parasites and whatnot.

She prescribed me an anti-spasmodic (sp?) to try; curious to see if it
will help and how the side effects are. She also mentioned that anti
depressants have been successfully used in treating IBS. That's a
possibility, but one that makes me uneasy.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Ping Monique CatNipped Cat anecdotes 1 July 23rd 05 10:40 PM
Ping Monique CatNipped Cat anecdotes 7 July 22nd 05 03:22 PM
[OT] Ping Monique - Thanks! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 0 July 13th 05 02:10 AM
Ping: Monique and others interested in my health CATherine Cat anecdotes 23 March 14th 05 09:27 PM
Ping & Weeble visit TED (long) Magic Mood JeepĀ© Cat anecdotes 22 November 11th 04 01:35 PM