Cats and private/executive jets

Old February 5th 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Cats and private/executive jets

This is truly off the wall, but one never knows when someone else has
relevant experience. I will be starting some international work, with
stays of some months out of the country. The company will have its own
long-range aircraft, and a couple of us, variously catted and dogged,
have wondered whether we might take the furpeople with us.

While baggage compartment travel is obviously stressful, does anyone
have experience with cats on long-range flights when they can see and
touch their people, and even possibly get out of the carrier? Might
there be adaptation like a ship's cat?
Old February 5th 06, 08:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Howard I have had the wonderful experience of flying high in a corporate jet
and so have a few of my furballs. The captain had one order they stayed in
the cabin not in the cockpit. They went back and forth looking out each
windows they were of course a little nervous when we hit some turbulence
but I had them in the carrier when we took of and when we landed. It was a
4 hour flight and I have to say it was the least traumatic travel experience
we have ever had. If I had to ever fly over seas or air travel I would
charter a private jet instead of having them fly in a cargo area. But I am
lucky I can afford to do these things.

But personally experience take a litter box when they get out place them
immediately in the litter box and take their paws just like you did when
they were being litter trained to show them where the box is. if they are
nervous you may want to try this may sound silly a diaper just in case. I
rather clean them up then pay the bill to clean an aircraft.

Matthew

Old February 5th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Wow, you are lucky to be able to do that! I think one chartered flight
to Europe is about $30,000 to $40,000.

Rhonda

Old February 5th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

No I have done it in the US not to often though no need to do so I might be
lucky enough to have so $$$ but I ma still cheap
I did day " I said if I ever had to" sorry I should have said If I have the
need to travel to Europe I would do this. I have had friend loses their fur
kids because of unregulated cargo areas.

My furballs don't go with me and my better half unless they have to no need
to traumatize them for our pleasure. They have traveled with us if there
was no one to watch them such as our kids

Old February 5th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

In article , NMR
wrote:

[...]

Thanks! This would be a longer flight -- US to Middle East. My new
company is buying (leasing, something) a Gulfstream 45, which can do it
nonstop. Since the CEO is a fur person (dogs mostly, who also might
go), I suspect it would be OK. I'd imagine, given his background, he
also will check out to fly the thing, although there would be regular
pilots.
Old February 5th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I think you mean a G450 talk about caviar and champagne the fur kids are
going to fly in style talk about class you lucky dog you

http://www.gulfstream.com/g450/
45,000 feet ceiling, very large cabins can almost get up to mach 1
large oversized lazy bozy style captains seats large couches
most have built in kitchens with sink and microwaves

Howard since it is going to be a long flight to save the clean up start
getting your furball used to using a hooded litter pan just in case of
accident spill overs or turbulence

I used the g350 that had a premium interior upgrade on it when I have flown
about. I know a service here in florida that charters them. I learned my
lesson about the hooded pan the first time we hit turbulence and one of the
furballs was in mid stream. That was an expansive steam cleaning bill