OT Right not to life!!

Old May 1st 11, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

Default OT Right not to life!!

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!
Old May 1st 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

++++++
I have a plaque in my bathroom which reads:
"Start each day as though your life has just begun"
Best wishes. MLB

Old May 1st 11, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 10:00*am, MLB wrote:
I have a plaque in my bathroom which reads:
"Start each day as though your life has just begun"

You have words of true wisdom pinned to your bathroom wall

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 1st 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

I'd say that would depend upon your reason for ending it all. Revenge?
"I'll show them all"? "They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
the pain (however great your own may be).
Old May 1st 11, 09:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 12:58*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
*Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
* the pain (however great your own may be).

My good friend Tel is a suicide survivor- his younger brother hung
himself almost 15 years ago. He;s been treated for depression multiple
times himself since then and every weekend takes flowers to his
brothers grave and sits there asking himself if he could have stopped
it, why didn't he recognise the signs? Would you really want to do
that to anyone who gives a damn about you?

Old May 1st 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On May 1, 12:58*pm, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:
*"They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? *

A long time ago when I was the ugly fat teenage girl- some so called
friends used to tell me so and so wanted to dance with me then have a
game where they'd bring some guy forward who'd take one look at me
then run off screaming- I had minus zero confidence, a mother (who
although I feel guilty about saying it because I did love her or at
least wanted her to love me as much as she did my brothers although to
be realistic I would have had to grow a penis) who on a daily basis
kept that confidence level at minus zero
One night I actually picked up a bottle of aspirin from the kitchen,
went to the bathroom, opened the bottle looked at it and thought
"They'll be sorry when I'm dead"
At this point my rather more prosaic personality kicked in and
suddenly I screamed (mum yelled at me to shut up) "THEY WON'T BE SORRY
THEY'LL BE GLAD! WHY SHOULD I MAKE THEM GLAD? AM I SO DESPERATE FOR
THEIR APPROVAL THAT I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF FOR A BUNCH OF PEOPLE
WHO WILL BE HAPPY IF I AM DEAD?! SOD THEM I AM GOING TO LIVE AND ANNOY
THE HELL OUT OF THEM FOR JUST BEING AROUND?!"

And that's been my motto ever since-I ain;t gonna kill myself just
because someone doesn't like me, because like when I had this thing at
work recently the manager involved would have loved to have the drama
of me topping myself so she could look good and add "crisis
management" to her CV- why should I do what she wants and give her the
pleasure?

Still around and still annoying people ain;t gonna top myself just
cos someone does not like ,me/approve of me or whatever- no one has
ever had that power over me and as I get older I get harder- guess
what- the fat ugly teenage girl who didn't bow down is now quite
starting to like herself.....And I have just today booked in for the
deep purple lowlights I have always ....I am goin' purple next Friday!

Old May 1st 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

I'd say that would depend upon your reason for ending it all. Revenge?
"I'll show them all"? "They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
the pain (however great your own may be).

If someone is planning suicide for revenge, then the guilt and pain
is *exactly* what they want, so asking them to consider it probably
won't be much of a deterrent. In that case, I'd ask them to consider
the fact that while they might cause pain to the people who hurt
them, they're not going to be around to enjoy it, so what's the point?

However, there was nothing in kraut's post that made me think he was
out for revenge.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey
Old May 1st 11, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

I'm sorry you feel so terrible that you don't want to live any more.
I've certainly felt that way at times, but it's always passed. To me,
you sound more angry at yourself than anything else. If you have
someone to talk to about whatever's going on, even a stranger (such
as at a suicide hotline), I strongly suggest it. That probably won't
make your problems go away, but it might help you get into a more
rational frame of mind for dealing with them.

Purrs,
Joyce

Old May 1st 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

My good friend Tel is a suicide survivor- his younger brother hung
himself almost 15 years ago. He;s been treated for depression multiple
times himself since then and every weekend takes flowers to his
brothers grave and sits there asking himself if he could have stopped
it, why didn't he recognise the signs? Would you really want to do
that to anyone who gives a damn about you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I don't think anyone who's lost someone to suicide ever gets over it. My
younger brother took his life 12 years ago, sometimes it feels like it
was only yesterday and hurts just as much.
--
Adrian
Old May 2nd 11, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

kraut / larry stark wrote:

[...]

OP's oblique post not indicative of "what he's out for" but directed
at a
poor choice of audience; thus my referral to more suitable ng's for
discussion of his problems further. My minimal opinion is and will
remain
my last. Hope OP has found a more useful forum, as this thread is
reduced to speculation. I don't care for speculation, particularly
about
names on a monitor.

IMHO it sounds like "birthday blues". MLB

Second Life not OT tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 4 January 16th 10 02:07 AM
Second Life (OT) tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 12 January 16th 10 02:02 AM
the AIM of LIFE . abdo911 Cat health & behaviour 0 October 27th 07 05:14 PM
Life is GUD! Your Queen Cat anecdotes 2 February 19th 06 01:24 AM
A Life John Kimmel Cat anecdotes 15 September 27th 03 06:56 AM