What did he do with the tail?

Old October 9th 05, 07:12 AM
Yoj

Default What did he do with the tail?

The other evening, Nanki-Poo was playing vigorously, batting a toy around
and having a great time. When I went toward him to see what he was playing
with, he picked the toy up, looked at me defiantly, and walked away from me.
I could see then that it was a rather plump mouse. There was no way I was
going to get it away from him, so I left him to it.

I went to bed, leaving him with his "toy", and knowing I'd have a little
corpse to dispose of in the morning. I hoped he'd just leave it whole, as
he does when he kills a rat.

When I got up, I found some entrails in the hallway. On my beige carpet.

I never found anything more. It's been two days now, and I still haven't
found any more bits of mouse anywhere. Apparently he ate it, but surely he
didn't eat the tail! So what did he do with it?

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old October 9th 05, 07:40 AM
cathyxyz

Yoj wrote:
The other evening, Nanki-Poo was playing vigorously, batting a toy around
and having a great time. When I went toward him to see what he was playing
with, he picked the toy up, looked at me defiantly, and walked away from me.
I could see then that it was a rather plump mouse. There was no way I was
going to get it away from him, so I left him to it.

I went to bed, leaving him with his "toy", and knowing I'd have a little
corpse to dispose of in the morning. I hoped he'd just leave it whole, as
he does when he kills a rat.

When I got up, I found some entrails in the hallway. On my beige carpet.

I never found anything more. It's been two days now, and I still haven't
found any more bits of mouse anywhere. Apparently he ate it, but surely he
didn't eat the tail! So what did he do with it?

Trust me, he ate it. Ours do. (as gross as that sounds). Sorry.
--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Old October 9th 05, 09:00 AM
Yoj

"cathyxyz" wrote in message
Yoj wrote:
[...]

Don't be sorry. I'd rather that than find a decomposed tail a few days from
now.

Joy

Old October 9th 05, 04:00 PM
Ted Davis

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 06:12:36 GMT, "Yoj"
wrote:

The other evening, Nanki-Poo was playing vigorously, batting a toy around
and having a great time. When I went toward him to see what he was playing
with, he picked the toy up, looked at me defiantly, and walked away from me.
I could see then that it was a rather plump mouse. There was no way I was
going to get it away from him, so I left him to it.

I went to bed, leaving him with his "toy", and knowing I'd have a little
corpse to dispose of in the morning. I hoped he'd just leave it whole, as
he does when he kills a rat.

When I got up, I found some entrails in the hallway. On my beige carpet.

I never found anything more. It's been two days now, and I still haven't
found any more bits of mouse anywhere. Apparently he ate it, but surely he
didn't eat the tail! So what did he do with it?

Yesterday, Avery was playing with his latest mouse catch and I wasn't
paying attention, instead I was sitting at the kitchen table watching
the TV in the living room. Avery decided he was being slighted, so he
bounced the mouse off my upper arm - *that* got my attention. Soon,
he got tired of being watched (or of playing with it) and took the
mouse off somewhere to eat it. I haven't found any remains either.

--
T.E.D. )
Old October 9th 05, 07:33 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Yoj wrote:

The other evening, Nanki-Poo was playing vigorously, batting a toy around
and having a great time. When I went toward him to see what he was playing
with, he picked the toy up, looked at me defiantly, and walked away from me.
I could see then that it was a rather plump mouse. There was no way I was
going to get it away from him, so I left him to it.

I went to bed, leaving him with his "toy", and knowing I'd have a little
corpse to dispose of in the morning. I hoped he'd just leave it whole, as
he does when he kills a rat.

When I got up, I found some entrails in the hallway. On my beige carpet.

I never found anything more. It's been two days now, and I still haven't
found any more bits of mouse anywhere. Apparently he ate it, but surely he
didn't eat the tail! So what did he do with it?

Why "surely not"? Mine usually eat the entire mouse,
entrails and all! (Maybe he wasn't very hungry.)

Preliminary After-Action Report (AAR) from Patrol Tail 2 Howard C. Berkowitz Cat anecdotes 8 August 7th 05 01:35 AM
I found the tip of my cat's tail. Tee Cat health & behaviour 5 February 8th 05 10:15 PM
The Terrible Tail O J Cat anecdotes 9 August 9th 04 03:19 PM
The Terrible Tail Marina Cat anecdotes 25 May 15th 04 08:26 PM
Another cat tail Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 15 September 26th 03 08:16 PM