I trapped the cat 15 minutes ago!

Old February 21st 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default I trapped the cat 15 minutes ago!

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:33:01 -0600, Lynne
wrote:

on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:18:02 GMT, "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

How about Marlo or Marla?

Oooh, I love the name Marlo!

I think that we've just named a cat.
Old February 21st 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:56:14 GMT, dgk wrote:

I think that we've just named a cat.

Marlo, "That girl!" woo hoo! What a cool and unique name (way to go,
Annie!).

Naming is so much fun. Please excuse my unbridled enthusiasm. Hehe.

--
Lynne
Old February 22nd 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

dgk wrote:

The name is a big question mark right now. I was going to call him
Arlo, after my brother's cat, Arlo (after Arlo Guthrie of course). But
he's a she, so I'm not so sure. I still like Arlo and I really don't
think it makes much difference to a cat.

Arla has been suggested but it just doesn't roll off the tongue the
same way. I think it might take though. Then we started thinking of
deceased family members who should get a mention so we ran through
Anna and Robin and Beryl. I was going to call her PS at one point
(Pete Seeger) since I already have an SP (Epsy) and they look so much
alike.

The floor is open to suggestions.

How about Arley? Gives you the connection you wanted and is a girlie
variant.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

wrote in message
dgk wrote:

The name is a big question mark right now. I was going to call him
Arlo, after my brother's cat, Arlo (after Arlo Guthrie of course). But
he's a she, so I'm not so sure. I still like Arlo and I really don't
think it makes much difference to a cat.

Arla has been suggested but it just doesn't roll off the tongue the
same way. I think it might take though. Then we started thinking of
deceased family members who should get a mention so we ran through
Anna and Robin and Beryl. I was going to call her PS at one point
(Pete Seeger) since I already have an SP (Epsy) and they look so much
alike.

The floor is open to suggestions.

How about Arley? Gives you the connection you wanted and is a girlie
variant.

He's going with Marlo. But I'm telling you, that cat is an Arlene if there
ever was one.

Old February 22nd 07, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Annie Wxill

"Lynne" wrote in message
7.142...
Marlo, "That girl!" woo hoo! What a cool and unique name (way to go,
Annie!).
Lynne

Why, thanks, Lynne.

Annie

Old February 22nd 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:47:35 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
dgk wrote:

The name is a big question mark right now. I was going to call him
Arlo, after my brother's cat, Arlo (after Arlo Guthrie of course). But
he's a she, so I'm not so sure. I still like Arlo and I really don't
think it makes much difference to a cat.

Arla has been suggested but it just doesn't roll off the tongue the
same way. I think it might take though. Then we started thinking of
deceased family members who should get a mention so we ran through
Anna and Robin and Beryl. I was going to call her PS at one point
(Pete Seeger) since I already have an SP (Epsy) and they look so much
alike.

The floor is open to suggestions.

How about Arley? Gives you the connection you wanted and is a girlie
variant.

He's going with Marlo. But I'm telling you, that cat is an Arlene if there
ever was one.

Arley and Arlene are really good also; it was s a tough choice and not
completely closed yet.

Well, this morning I opened the door to the CIR and Marlo takes a step
out into the hallway. Espy stares and lets out a hiss. I pet him. I'm
sitting on the floor between them. Another hiss. Marlo takes a few
steps into the computer/music room which ajoins the CIR. Espy walks
away. A few seconds later Nipsy walks up. Marlo hisses. Well, things
are going very smoothly I guess.

Nipsy will take to her first, and Espy will tolerate her. That's how
it was with Jackie. For now, I'm at work, and Marlo is back in the
CIR. Meanwhile downstairs I've closed the door to the basement.
Sometime very soon Marlo is going to be roaming around the house and
the basement is always off limits to new arrivals. There are just too
many places for a cat to hide and I would never find it.

When any of my cats are showing signs of not feeling well, the first
thing I do is close the basement door so they can't disappear. There
are plenty of places to hide in the rest of the house.

I have to go out tonight so I won't have much time to play with Marlo.
The weekend is looking really busy also. I think I might have to take
tomorrow (Friday) off and let the roaming begin. I'll certainly want
to be around when hell breaks loose. Should I go slower on this? I'll
check with the vet about how much activity she should be allowed
because of the operation.

Old February 22nd 07, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 22, 8:25 am, dgk wrote:

Arley and Arlene are really good also; it was s a tough choice and not
completely closed yet.

Great

Drop the pink fru fru cute lacy names and give the lady some balls
about her!

she needs something sophisticated and voluptuous like... Paula

now there's a pink power name

Old February 22nd 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On 22 Feb 2007 06:06:35 -0800, "Barry" wrote:

On Feb 22, 8:25 am, dgk wrote:

Arley and Arlene are really good also; it was s a tough choice and not
completely closed yet.

Great

Drop the pink fru fru cute lacy names and give the lady some balls
about her!

she needs something sophisticated and voluptuous like... Paula

now there's a pink power name

Paula is pretty good, but I really like Marlo. That Girl. Do you know
the tv show that we're talking about? Sometimes I forget how old I am
and the cultural references that might pass folks by. In fact, if I
just insulted anyone, having watched That Girl doesn't mean that
you're old.
Old February 22nd 07, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

On Feb 22, 11:19 am, dgk wrote:
having watched That Girl doesn't mean that
you're old.

Of kerse not

I do know the Gilligan Island characters, Ginger, Mary Anne and Mr
Howell's wife Lovey.

Lovey is dangerous!

I gotta see her, make with the pics

Old February 22nd 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Annie Wxill

"dgk" wrote in message
.... if I just insulted anyone, having watched That Girl doesn't mean that
you're old.

Ha! Yes, it does. I watched it. I'm not insulted. I'm not ancient yet, but
I'm old enough to be a grandma. ;-)

Annie