Do your cats snore?

Old February 18th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Do your cats snore?

This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard The
Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the radiator, a
favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the winter. It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?
Old February 18th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie W

On Feb 18, 9:36*am, Bobcat wrote:
... It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

Hi Bobcat,
Our Rosie snores. It is kind of a squeak and can be loud enough to be
heard from another room. I love that sound because it means she is
comfortable and feels safe enough to sleep soundly, unlike her start
in life without a home.
I also love the sound of purring. Ironically, when my husband
occasionally snores, it sounds like a purr, too. Cinder and Rosie
both purr. When I am surrounded with purrs, it gives me a peaceful
feeling that where I am at that moment, all is well.
The chattering sound they make at birds amuses me.
I appreciate the sound of someone scratching around in the litter
box. It sure beats the alternative.
Annie

Old February 18th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Bobcat wrote:
This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard The
Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the radiator, a
favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the winter. It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

Snoopy snores, quite loudly sometimes.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 18th 08, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard The
Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the radiator, a
favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the winter. It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

Persia sometimes snores very softly. It's cute

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

I love it when Persia gets very vocal, as if there's something extremely
important I MUST know (akin to Lassie the dog barking, ""Timmy fell into the
well!"). It usually has to do with food, of course.

Jill

Old February 18th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Annie W" wrote in message
On Feb 18, 9:36 am, Bobcat wrote:
... It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

Hi Bobcat,
Our Rosie snores. It is kind of a squeak and can be loud enough to be
heard from another room. I love that sound because it means she is
comfortable and feels safe enough to sleep soundly, unlike her start
in life without a home.
I also love the sound of purring. Ironically, when my husband
occasionally snores, it sounds like a purr, too.
=====================================

LOL John says I don't snore, I purr! I figure it's because I'm a Leo

Jill

Old February 18th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

jmcquown wrote:
"Bobcat" wrote in message
This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard
The Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the
radiator, a favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the
winter. It was Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a
human snore but much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my
list of favourite sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and
(3)Mooch our resident stray talking to me while I give him his food
and water on the veranda.

Persia sometimes snores very softly. It's cute

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

I love it when Persia gets very vocal, as if there's something
extremely important I MUST know (akin to Lassie the dog barking,
""Timmy fell into the well!"). It usually has to do with food, of
course.
Jill

Your post made me think of this.
http://ihasahotdog.com/2008/02/12/lo...ssie-no-cares/

Old February 18th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bobcat wrote:
This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard The
Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the radiator, a
favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the winter. It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

caliban snores. he will lay on my arm and go 'honkshu... honkshu...
honkshu...' sometimes when he's very happy, instead of purring, he
grunts. it's so cute.

mir has a very quiet purr usually, so when she actually purrs aloud, i
feel very honoured. another sound i love is when she yodels. her meow
goes into a falsetto in the middle, then back to her normal voice.

Old February 18th 08, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

What are your favourite kitty sounds?

HRFL Tiger snoring (he has a loud squeaky snore!). HRFL Tiger purring
(he has a deep rumbly purr that he only ever uses with me).
Miss Lily Whiskers trilling to say hello and her constant yapping and
chatting to the dog as she orders Cara around.

Helen M
Old February 18th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Bobcat" wrote in message
This morning I was sitting on the bed tieing my shoes when I heard The
Sound. It came from the cat bed on the floor beside the radiator, a
favourite napping spot of The Girls, especially in the winter. It was
Martha snoring. It's a delightful sound much like a human snore but
much quieter. All three Girls do it, and it's on my list of favourite
sounds: (1) cats purring, (2) cats snoring, and (3)Mooch our resident
stray talking to me while I give him his food and water on the
veranda.

My boys absolutely snore, and it's adorable. Tiny little honk-shus. Stinky
makes a noise on the exhale like the world's tiniest harmonica.

But all the noises they make are my favorites, and they make a lot of them.
I particularly love the little "oof!" sound Stinky lets out when he jumps
down to the floor.

Old February 18th 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

On Feb 18, 12:42*pm, "Kreisleriana" wrote:
My boys absolutely snore, and it's adorable. *Tiny little honk-shus. *Stinky
makes a noise on the exhale like the world's tiniest harmonica.
But all the noises they make are my favorites, and they make a lot of them..
I particularly love the little "oof!" sound Stinky lets out when he jumps
down to the floor.

I'm so glad Stinky is well and healthy. Theresa. He's be one of the
luckiest kitties ever - rescued from a New York subway track and taken
to a loving home.

As for the "oof" sound, Sophie and Emily are both overweight and their
"oofs" when they land on the floor are my fourth favourite kitty
noises!