Another cat tail

Old September 24th 03, 09:35 PM
Julie Cook

Default Another cat tail

Seeing Nikki's tail photos reminded me that I had a cat tail tale I had
intended to share. I've told you before that Lacey chases her tail. She
is still finding her own tail fascinating but now she's discovered
Hobbes' tail as well. She will lie next to him and watch as the very end
of his tail slowly flicks back and forth. The temptation is just too
much for a curious cat and she baps his tail with her paw. This
irritates Hobbes and of course an irritated cat shows his irritation by
thumping his tail on the floor which just entices Lacey that much more.
Hobbes thumps his tail and Lacey baps it with her paw until finally she
has to pounce and hold it down then chomp on it. Which really makes
Hobbes mad and he turns around and attacks her. I wonder if he knows
exactly what he's doing?

Julie

Old September 24th 03, 11:27 PM

Julie Cook wrote:

[Lacey] will lie next to him and watch as the very end
of his tail slowly flicks back and forth. The temptation is just too
much for a curious cat and she baps his tail with her paw. This
irritates Hobbes and of course an irritated cat shows his irritation by
thumping his tail on the floor which just entices Lacey that much more.

This situation seems like it was designed to cause a vicious cycle,
doesn't it? The more annoyed the "victim" cat is, the more the tail-
attacking cat will do that annoying thing. Seems like the irritated
cat might want to find another way to express his exasperation!

Joyce
Old September 24th 03, 11:29 PM
OU812?

Julie Cook wrote:
Seeing Nikki's tail photos reminded me that I had a cat tail tale I
had intended to share. I've told you before that Lacey chases her
tail. She is still finding her own tail fascinating but now she's
discovered Hobbes' tail as well. She will lie next to him and watch
as the very end of his tail slowly flicks back and forth. The
temptation is just too much for a curious cat and she baps his tail
with her paw. This irritates Hobbes and of course an irritated cat
shows his irritation by thumping his tail on the floor which just
entices Lacey that much more. Hobbes thumps his tail and Lacey baps
it with her paw until finally she has to pounce and hold it down then
chomp on it. Which really makes Hobbes mad and he turns around and
attacks her. I wonder if he knows exactly what he's doing?

Julie

When we went to the SPCA yesterday to do health checks and such on the cats
there, there was this one black kitten about three months old, who carried
its tail over its back, sort of like a husky dog does(except it was straight
up the backbone rather than curled).. it was so cute, especially cause the
underside of its tail was more of a smoky color than the black on the rest
of the kitten.

Kristy
--
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Old September 25th 03, 04:57 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Julie Cook wrote:

Seeing Nikki's tail photos reminded me that I had a cat tail tale I had
intended to share. I've told you before that Lacey chases her tail. She
is still finding her own tail fascinating but now she's discovered
Hobbes' tail as well. She will lie next to him and watch as the very end
of his tail slowly flicks back and forth. The temptation is just too
much for a curious cat and she baps his tail with her paw. This
irritates Hobbes and of course an irritated cat shows his irritation by
thumping his tail on the floor which just entices Lacey that much more.
Hobbes thumps his tail and Lacey baps it with her paw until finally she
has to pounce and hold it down then chomp on it. Which really makes
Hobbes mad and he turns around and attacks her. I wonder if he knows
exactly what he's doing?

Well, I had a mother cat who would sit on the back of the sofa, dangling
her tail down in front of her kittens, and waving it gently. I never
had any doubt that she was doing it deliberately to amuse them.
Old September 25th 03, 06:21 AM
Jo Firey

insisted we invent houses and discover fire." -- Khiem Tran
wrote in message
Julie Cook wrote:

[Lacey] will lie next to him and watch as the very end
of his tail slowly flicks back and forth. The temptation is just too
much for a curious cat and she baps his tail with her paw. This
irritates Hobbes and of course an irritated cat shows his irritation by
thumping his tail on the floor which just entices Lacey that much more.

This situation seems like it was designed to cause a vicious cycle,
doesn't it? The more annoyed the "victim" cat is, the more the tail-
attacking cat will do that annoying thing. Seems like the irritated
cat might want to find another way to express his exasperation!

Joyce

I'm guessing cats don't have a lot of control over their tails. I've watched the
game so often, and so often the cat doing the tail flicking looks like it wishes it
could quit, but the more it tries, the more the tail twitches.

Jo

Old September 25th 03, 06:17 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote:

but not the domestic ones that the US commonly buys at the grocery for their
annual Thanksgiving Dinner.

Don't they clip the wings of "factory-farmed" fowl so they can't? I
thought the only truly "flightless" birds were penguins, ostriches and
emu.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"JHBennett" wrote in message
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

I heard that Gordon Jump died, just recently. Wild turkeys can fly, BTW.
Cheers,
Jack

Old September 25th 03, 10:10 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"JHBennett" had some very interesting things to say
about Another cat tail:

I heard that Gordon Jump died, just recently. Wild turkeys can fly, BTW.

My morning newspaper had that piece of info, saying that he was 71 and
had pulmonary fibrosis. The newspaper and the IMDB agree that he died
Monday.

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has

Old September 26th 03, 12:25 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Yup, I remember "WKRP" but Gordon Jump was probably more widely known as
that lonely Maytag Repairman
http://tinyurl.com/op6y

--
The ONE and ONLY