Further Miss Whiskers update...

Old October 31st 05, 03:33 PM
Helen Miles

Default Further Miss Whiskers update...

As you know, Miss Whiskers had her op to remove her left eye this
morning. She is now back home, sacked out on a ho****er bottle covered
in a sheepskin fleece, having eaten 2 packets of kitten whiskas.

I think she's going to be OK. ;o)

The vet says that she's skinny and underweight, but I think that will be
resolved pretty quickly with some TLC and lots of high quality kitten
food.

We're playing with names now.

I always give my girl cats names they can be proud of. I already have
Pandora and Cleopatra (Cleo for short). The ones I'm thinking about for
Miss Whiskers are Egyptian and a

Eshe - which means "Life"
Jendayi - which means "Thankful"
Omorose - which means "Beautiful"
Sagira - which means "Little one"

and "Lotus" as in Lotus flower, which I just really like. I'm leaning
towards "Lotus" at the moment as it seems to fit.

We'll see which one fits in the next few days. "His Royal Feline
Lordship Tiger" had about 20 different names until he told me what he
was called. ;o)

Helen M

Old October 31st 05, 04:19 PM
pistor

Helen Miles wrote:
I always give my girl cats names they can be proud of. I already have
Pandora and Cleopatra (Cleo for short). The ones I'm thinking about for
Miss Whiskers are Egyptian and a

How about Isis?

Victor

Old October 31st 05, 04:21 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:33:34 +0000, Helen Miles wrote:

[...]

Purrs for the little Lotus Blossom that she heals quickly. MLB

Old October 31st 05, 04:36 PM
Lesley

How about Isis?

I like that! I had an Isis and she was the biggest lovebug ever!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 31st 05, 04:58 PM
Helen Miles

"pistor" wrote in message
ups.com

The ones I'm thinking about for
Miss Whiskers are Egyptian and a

How about Isis?

Victor

I really like that name. I'll mention it to my brother, who has been
well and truly captivated by a tiny little girl and has demanded the
naming rights. ;o)

Helen M

Old October 31st 05, 04:59 PM
JBHajos

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:33:34 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

I think she's going to be OK. ;o)

Wonderful news!!!! So glad to hear she did well. What a spunky
little trouper she is!!

Jeanne
Old October 31st 05, 05:48 PM
Hans Schrøder

"pistor" wrote in message
ups.com...
Helen Miles wrote:
I always give my girl cats names they can be proud of. I already have
Pandora and Cleopatra (Cleo for short). The ones I'm thinking about for
Miss Whiskers are Egyptian and a

How about Isis?

Isis, of course! My ex-wife and I share a whole Devon Rex family of four:

I have got Teti (Egyptian Pharaoe) and Tinùviel (Teti's and Isis' mother,
name from Lord of the Rings)
My ex-wife's cats are Isis (Egyptian goddess) and Loomis (father of Isis and
Teti, he's named after a fishing rod brand...)

Isis and Teti had two more siblings, but they were sold at three months age:
Darius and Teos, both Egyptian Pharaoes...

My ex-wife and I still visit eachother and the cats frequently, reducing the
problems if one of us should go on a vacation and so on :-)

Hans

Old October 31st 05, 06:10 PM
Irulan

I'd go for Lotus, too. Sweet and gentle, just like the little one sounds.
Purrs and prayers that she grows to be strong and happy. God bless.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
news:ba3f798506487336cb56dd4e522ab3b6.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...

Old October 31st 05, 06:23 PM
Rhonda

Woo hooo! Glad she made it through surgery and is doing so well. She's
going to be a very special little kitty. I'll bet she'll have tons of
personality.

As for names -- I love Lotus. The little flower. Anything but Omorose,
okay? That reminds me of the brash, egotistical lady on the reality
shows. (Omorosa)

Take care,

Rhonda

Old October 31st 05, 08:23 PM
Yowie

[...]

I like "Lotus" also for symbolic reasons. The lotus flower is a symbol of
renewal, innocence, hope and of succeeding despite hardships (and similar
metaphors) because the most beautiful of lotus flowers bloom out of the
worst sort of mucky and filthy poisonous water.

She was mucky filthy and ugly once, but I"m sure she'll bloom into the most
extraordinary kitty. Lotus fits her very well.

Yowie

Miss Whiskers update. Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 16 November 2nd 05 11:37 PM
Saying goodbye to Miss Violette Gandalf Cat community 6 October 24th 05 09:59 PM
Da Gestbuk Heather Cat community 316 November 11th 04 04:05 PM
Update fur Miss Violette Tabitha Kitten Cat community 6 November 6th 04 01:23 PM
My Tribute to Spook KS Cat community 38 October 23rd 03 03:00 AM