Tail poofing

Old November 5th 06, 08:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Tail poofing

As I mentioned in another post, Caliban often poofs his tail for little
or no reason. Lately, I've been suspecting that he is channelling Nikki
in some way. I've never seen any other cat do this with their tail.

Nikki used to walk about with her tail partially poofed out. She could
have just the tip poofed. Or the base and the tip, while the middle was
smooth. Or just the middle, and the base and the tip were smooth.

Just now, I saw Caliban come running with his tail poofed again. But
when I looked closer, I saw that it wasn't poofed all the way; the base
was smooth. What the...? Has anyone else seen this in any cat?

Now I'm waiting for Caliban to start wearing his tail along his back,
like Nikki often used to. Or walk beside Mir and curl his tail around
her back, like Nikki used to do with Frank.

Old November 5th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Marina" wrote
As I mentioned in another post, Caliban often poofs his tail for little or
no reason. Lately, I've been suspecting that he is channelling Nikki in
some way. I've never seen any other cat do this with their tail.

Nikki used to walk about with her tail partially poofed out. She could
have just the tip poofed. Or the base and the tip, while the middle was
smooth. Or just the middle, and the base and the tip were smooth.

Just now, I saw Caliban come running with his tail poofed again. But when
I looked closer, I saw that it wasn't poofed all the way; the base was
smooth. What the...? Has anyone else seen this in any cat?

Now I'm waiting for Caliban to start wearing his tail along his back, like
Nikki often used to. Or walk beside Mir and curl his tail around her back,
like Nikki used to do with Frank.

I've not seen odd tail-poofings however two of my owners have had the
ability to curl their tails into spirals!

Old November 5th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 10:18:51 +0200, Marina
wrote:

As I mentioned in another post, Caliban often poofs his tail for little
or no reason. Lately, I've been suspecting that he is channelling Nikki
in some way. I've never seen any other cat do this with their tail.

Nikki used to walk about with her tail partially poofed out. She could
have just the tip poofed. Or the base and the tip, while the middle was
smooth. Or just the middle, and the base and the tip were smooth.

Just now, I saw Caliban come running with his tail poofed again. But
when I looked closer, I saw that it wasn't poofed all the way; the base
was smooth. What the...? Has anyone else seen this in any cat?

Now I'm waiting for Caliban to start wearing his tail along his back,
like Nikki often used to. Or walk beside Mir and curl his tail around
her back, like Nikki used to do with Frank.

Sabra (RB, 2005) used to do this, although I called it "floofing" (a
mix of "fluffing" and "poofing"). The only thing I could ever figure
out is that he got scared one time, and floofed, and DH and I ran over
and reassured him a lot, so he decided floofing was connected with
getting pets. I have no idea-- lol!. It was something to see,
though. He was stark black, and looked like a Halloween kitty!

A couple of mine also curl their tails around the back -- Wolfie and
Kate. It's so cute!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com