Spock's drug of choice

Old December 28th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Default Spock's drug of choice

Neither of our cats respond to catnip. In fact, both seem to regard it
as noxious. Tonight I discovered, quite by chance, Spock's drug of
choice - bleach. We don't use much bleach because we have a septic
waste treatment and large quantities of bleach kills the septic and
makes it smell much worse than usual (eeeeuuuuu!).

Tonight, though, I had to use dilute bleach to clean some benchtops
prior to re-organising half the house and, when I had finished, Spock
was *all* over my hands - rubbing, purring, nibbling and generally
acting like a total niphead. Of course, Spocky was also all over the
benches I was trying to clean, but that was more fun than annoying (I
don't mind kitty foot prints on my benches, unless they're food
preparation benches).

So, now I know. If I want to give my grey boycat a big thrill, I
simply need to do some housework!

Tish

PS. the outcome of the inaugural Fancy Feast experiment was
overwhelmingly positive. Both cats *loved* it and turned up their
spoilt little noses the next day when I tried to impose their normal
food on them. Lucky for me, they had forgotten by the day after and
are back to their normal diet. Phew - I couldn't afford FF at the rate
they eat it!
Old December 28th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Tish" wrote in message
Neither of our cats respond to catnip. In fact, both seem to regard it
as noxious. Tonight I discovered, quite by chance, Spock's drug of
choice - bleach. We don't use much bleach because we have a septic
waste treatment and large quantities of bleach kills the septic and
makes it smell much worse than usual (eeeeuuuuu!).

Tonight, though, I had to use dilute bleach to clean some benchtops
prior to re-organising half the house and, when I had finished, Spock
was *all* over my hands - rubbing, purring, nibbling and generally
acting like a total niphead. Of course, Spocky was also all over the
benches I was trying to clean, but that was more fun than annoying (I
don't mind kitty foot prints on my benches, unless they're food
preparation benches).

Francis is the same. The smell of bleach affects him even more than 'nip.
It's sort of like seeing a 'niphead turn into a crackhead ;-) Doesn't have
that effect on Waffles or Marble, but on Francis: Jeykell & Hyde...

Old December 28th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Tish" wrote in message
[...]

Lol typical....Tahzha has decided she is going to eat Ham And Only
Ham....pity as she's only been given a 1cm cube.....and she's got 7 kittens.
So she's grumbling over her meal tonight And everyone here LOOOVES
bleach....mopping is their favourite pastime!!

Old December 28th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Tish wrote:

PS. the outcome of the inaugural Fancy Feast experiment was
overwhelmingly positive. Both cats *loved* it and turned up their
spoilt little noses the next day when I tried to impose their normal
food on them. Lucky for me, they had forgotten by the day after and
are back to their normal diet. Phew - I couldn't afford FF at the rate
they eat it!

It's funny, we've tried various flavors of FF, Friskies, El-cheap brands and
what do our cats prefer? 9 lives tuna. They turn up their noses at
anything else. It's the only kind or brand that all 4 devour. What's gonna
happen when they get sick of it (like they always do)?

kili

Old December 28th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

wafflycat wrote:
"Tish" wrote in message
[...]

I guess I'll have to buy some bleach, scrub my sink, dry my hands and see
what happens. My furballs don't do catnip either.

kili

Old December 28th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Otis freaks out if I've been swimming and don't wash my hair
afterwards, it must be the smell of chlorine. He once sat behind me on
the sofa sniffed my head then dug his claws in my scalp and bit my
head, needless to say I always wash my hair now!

Marcia

Old December 28th 06, 05:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

With Stosh it's Gold Bond itch cream, or Peppermint Foot Lotion from The Body
Shop. He also chills to Ben Gay and Tiger Balm. He's still a niphead though.
But I can't explain his fascination for topical analgesics. I'm waiting to
find a bottle of Absorbine Veterinary Liniment (the smell alone could keep
Buffalo heated through a winter) so I can really test him.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old December 28th 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
With Stosh it's Gold Bond itch cream, or Peppermint Foot Lotion from The Body
Shop. He also chills to Ben Gay and Tiger Balm. He's still a niphead though.
But I can't explain his fascination for topical analgesics. I'm waiting to
find a bottle of Absorbine Veterinary Liniment (the smell alone could keep
Buffalo heated through a winter) so I can really test him.

One of our cats went crazy for Absorbine Jr. She was a Siamese -- we
thought that was the explanation.

Rhonda

Old December 28th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

wafflycat wrote:

"Tish" wrote in message

[...]

Several of our cats love bleach, too. I have to be careful when letting
it soak in the toilet -- I close the lid and the bathroom door. That
doesn't stop them afterwards from rolling around on the floor in front
of the commode.

Rhonda