"The Russian Blue" book, anyone?

Old January 10th 04, 09:56 PM
Nina S.

Bob Brenchley. wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:25:50 GMT, "Nina S."
wrote:

Jellicoe wrote in message
. com...

Maybe in some areas the life expectancy is lower because the hazards
are so high, but then people in those areas shouldn't get cats. They
should get indoor pets like rats.

So, basically you are saying that the millions of cats, and kittens,

brought
to shelters every year should be euthanized simply because they had the

bad
luck of being born, or brought into, a city.

Nonononono! Anyone who said that must really be a moron.

Sure, that makes a whole lot of
sense. Sure would help the overpopulation problem, wouldn't it? Or, if

we're
talking of no-kill shelters, they live the remainder of their lives in a
cage, indoors.

There is no reason for cats to live indoors 24/7, and there is not
reason for shelters to kill healthy cats.

If the lazy good-for-nothings who run a large number of US shelters
would actually get off their fat arses and work for the welfare of the
cats in their care - ALL shelters will be no-kill and ALL shelters
would refuse to home a healthy cat to an indoor only home.

*Sigh* You just don't get it. If all shelters were no-kill, and these same
shelters refused adoption simply because the cat would be indoors 24/7,
where would the cats be? Especially city cats? Let me tell you. They would
be in cages living out miserable lives.

But in many places, the danger is not high,

Maybe where you live but, in my neck of the woods "development" and
"progress" are making those places extremely rare.

Liar. Go to the centre of any major city in the world and you will
find an environment that is actually safer for cats than it would be
if they lived in the country.

Do not call me a liar until you know what you are talking about. How long
have you lived in the States?
Assuming that there are safer areas in the hearts of cities, (which I do not
believe for a minute), how many of these cats would be able to live there?

Nina

Old January 10th 04, 09:58 PM
Linda Terrell

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:28:54 UTC, Bob Brenchley.
wrote:

Liar. Go to the centre of any major city in the world and you will
find an environment that is actually safer for cats than it would be
if they lived in the country.

Cats live with cars very well in cities, not quite so well in the
country.

Liar.

If you live in an area where, for whatever reason, you feel unable to
allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for at least some time each
day (and only you can judge your area) then don't have a cat. To have
a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in 24/7 marks you are being
cruel, selfish, or both.

Liar

Old January 10th 04, 11:13 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:56:45 GMT, "Nina S."
wrote:

If the lazy good-for-nothings who run a large number of US shelters
would actually get off their fat arses and work for the welfare of the
cats in their care - ALL shelters will be no-kill and ALL shelters
would refuse to home a healthy cat to an indoor only home.

*Sigh* You just don't get it. If all shelters were no-kill, and these same
shelters refused adoption simply because the cat would be indoors 24/7,
where would the cats be?

Why - in proper indoor/outdoor homes of course.

Especially city cats? Let me tell you. They would
be in cages living out miserable lives.

No, they would be found proper homes - as they are in other countries.

But in many places, the danger is not high,

Maybe where you live but, in my neck of the woods "development" and
"progress" are making those places extremely rare.

Liar. Go to the centre of any major city in the world and you will
find an environment that is actually safer for cats than it would be
if they lived in the country.

Do not call me a liar

I will call you a liar and long as you go on lying.

until you know what you are talking about. How long
have you lived in the States?
Assuming that there are safer areas in the hearts of cities, (which I do not
believe for a minute),

Hard luck, facts are facts and you can't argue with them.

how many of these cats would be able to live there?

As many as people want to live there.

Nina

In the hearts of modern cities the car now moves slower than the horse
and cart did at the start of the last century. There is also, now,
more green spaces then there was a hundred years ago. Life in a modern
city can be almost cat heaven as a cat's world is very three
dimensional. No other animal is as well suited to urban life - if
nothing else the thriving feral populations prove that.

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Old January 10th 04, 11:14 PM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:

Liar. Go to the centre of any major city in the world and you will
find an environment that is actually safer for cats than it would be
if they lived in the country.

Cats live with cars very well in cities, not quite so well in the
country.

Liar.

Stupid Troll.

If you live in an area where, for whatever reason, you feel unable to
allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for at least some time each
day (and only you can judge your area) then don't have a cat. To have
a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in 24/7 marks you are being
cruel, selfish, or both.

Liar

Very Stupid Troll.

--
Bob.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
public.

Old January 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Tina Laitinen

Sometimes I think Bob you like the word Troll. You seem to think everyone
is a troll.

Tina

Old January 11th 04, 03:46 AM
Tina Laitinen

Old January 11th 04, 04:14 AM
Hans Schrøder

"Tina Laitinen" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...

Sometimes I think Bob you like the word Troll. You seem to think everyone
is a troll.

Of course! You look at others the same way you look at yourself. Bob is not
a man to discuss with, Bob is a man to ignore and avoid...

Hans