Cat strangeness

Old July 3rd 14, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Cat strangeness

I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always tell
who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her poop.
Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9
Old July 3rd 14, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/3/2014 1:22 PM, Joy wrote:
I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always tell
who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her poop.
Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Sounds to me like Pickles wanted her poo to be the first noticed.

Then again, I've only ever had Persia so what do I know? Sometimes she
buries it, sometimes she doesn't. It's anyone's guess when she might
decide to mess with my head and make me think she didn't poop.

Jill
Old July 3rd 14, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

Sweetie pie doesn't actually bury her poops but goes through the motions leaving a pile of sand next to rhe poop. Cats!

Old July 4th 14, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack G.

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:55:46 PM UTC-7, Joy wrote:
On 7/3/2014 3:26 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:

Sweetie pie doesn't actually bury her poops but goes through the motions leaving a pile of sand next to rhe poop. Cats!

Yup.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I love these stories today. Cat have a snowflake personality and
no two cats are alike that is what makes them wonderful pets and
members of our families.
Old July 4th 14, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/3/2014 6:26 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
Sweetie pie doesn't actually bury her poops but goes through the motions leaving a pile of sand next to rhe poop. Cats!

As I said, sometimes Persia buries it, sometimes she doesn't. Even when
she doesn't, she certainly manages to get a lot of litter *outside* the
box! I'm constantly having to take up the mat under her box and give it
a good beating outside. Then vacuum the tile floor.

I don't know how she manages to get litter all over the place when half
the time she doesn't actually bury any of her litter box offerings.
Cats!

Jill
Old July 4th 14, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 7/4/2014 9:11 AM, Jack G. wrote:
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:55:46 PM UTC-7, Joy wrote:
On 7/3/2014 3:26 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:

Sweetie pie doesn't actually bury her poops but goes through the motions leaving a pile of sand next to rhe poop. Cats!

Yup.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I love these stories today. Cat have a snowflake personality and
no two cats are alike that is what makes them wonderful pets and
members of our families.

You're absolutely right.

Joy

Old July 7th 14, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:22:29 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always tell

who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her poop.

Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Buddy (male) always covers anything he does at the front end of the box. Crystal (female) covers absolutely nothing at the rear of the box . I think both of them close their paws into little fists and spread litter at lest two feet in front of the box.
Norma
Old July 7th 14, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 7/7/2014 10:40 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 3, 2014 1:22:29 PM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
I'll never figure out cats. When Waffles was alive, I could always tell

who had used the litter box, because Pickles would never bury her poop.

Now that she's an only cat, she does bury it. Go figure.

Joy

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at
http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

Buddy (male) always covers anything he does at the front end of the box. Crystal (female) covers absolutely nothing at the rear of the box . I think both of them close their paws into little fists and spread litter at lest two feet in front of the box.
Norma

I know what you mean about the litter-spreading. I keep a broom and
long-handled dustpan in the room where the litter box is, and every
evening I sweep up the litter before scooping out the box.

Old July 8th 14, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"Joy" wrote in message
On 7/7/2014 10:40 AM, wrote:
[...]

P3nya has a covered box, and digs to China.
Since she dumps toward the back of the box, she then digs from the front
to the back, so little get out, except some grains caught in her
claws/paws.