Disturbing News

Old April 19th 09, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

Default Got that wrong: (WAS Disturbing News)

On Apr 19, 12:56*pm, "jmcquown" wrote:

Miss Pua was that poor scrawny little Siamese cat with a *bad* case of
ringworm. *

I remember she is a flame point isn't she? I rememeber Kili getting
her over ringworm

It just makes me sad. *And angry. *I feel bad for the cats.

I just wish I was nearer I'd take them and needs be find them good
homes or we;d have to get used to being crowded at least they'd be
inside and well fed to me it sounds like he's hoping they'll go away

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 19th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
wrote in message
On Apr 19, 8:07 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
. The
girls are outside. He claims they were more "destructive".

I'm crying for Chloe and Miss Pua. They;ve probably been through a
lot anyway when Kili was in hospital they would have probably been
submitted to varous family members coming in to feed them and little
more. I know when Dave was first in hospital I neglected the cats- I
didn't chuck them out, they had food, water and clean litter but for
about the first week or so I had so much to do that they were lucky to
get an occasional skritchie. In the end even through I was tired I
quite deliberately made time to play with them, brush them, talk to
them but even so I was going out in the morning, leaving them alone
all day (Whereas normally they'd have Dave for company) etc and I felt
bad about it.

But Kili's cats have had it worse- at least the girls knew me but who
knows when those poor cats were getting fed and who by, I can't say I
blame him for being with Kili but the change of routine must have
upset them..

And then Kili didn't come home...I remember Kili calling Miss Pua her
little shadow. Cats pick up on atmosphere and it can't have been a
happy one and when cats are unhappy they can get "destructive" it's
not malice it's their way of expressing unhappiness so what does he
do?

Chucks them outside...it breaks my heart to think of them hoping Kili
will come back and things will be happy and good for them again if I
was over there since he plainly doesn't seem to want them around I'd
ask to take them- okay it's another disruption and they'd have to muck
in with my two and they'd probably express their unhappiness by being
"destructive" but at least they'd be indoors Poor Miss Pua was a stray
wasn't she? She must be wondering what she did wrong having been put
back pretty much where she started from

If Alan doesn't want them perhaps someone here could offer them a home
I am pretty sure if Kili knew he was going to do this she would have
made other arrangements for them

I just can't believe someone could that to the cats Kili loved so much

And Jill don't be hard on yourself- if they need vet attention the
fact there's some money to cover it may be the only way they get it!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Miss Pua was that poor scrawny little Siamese cat with a *bad* case of
ringworm. She went from being terribly emaciated to a happy almost
"fluffy" cat I remember following her progress as she gained weight
and turned into a gorgeous cat. Christy literally nursed her back to
health. Chloe and Tyrone were strays, too. They were littermates,
IIRC. Tuxedo cats. And no, she wouldn't have put them outside. I know
there's the whole indoor/outdoor thing. But Alan isn't even giving them
the option of coming inside. He stated flatly the girl cats are
outside, the boy is inside. Sheesh.

A lot of people are upset he simply turned them out. Christy absolutely
would not have wanted that. I'm sure she would have made other
arrangements if she'd known he would do this. Unfortunately, her family
is in Washington (state), not Florida. I'm not sure they'd have taken
the cats anyway.

It just makes me sad. And angry. I feel bad for the cats.

Jill

If her family member WANT the cats, maybe we can do a collection to send
them there? We've done it before.... We can do it again (remember that
ol' WWII mantra?)

If he wants to keep Tyrone, as an INDOOR cat, he can do so with the
stipulation that they get regular veterinary visits, plus any medical
treatment, he can, but he should be put on notice that Kili's friends are
WATCHING HIM - and some are not so far away... insert evil grin All
three can be spirited away to someone who will care for them, and a stick
shoved up his butt if he doth protest too much

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old April 19th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Disturbing News

On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:47:15 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

kilikini's widower has turned the cats out. I'm so very, very sorry! for
having requested your help in setting up a vet care fund for her cats. I
know this is absolutely not what Christy would have wanted but he's turned
put them outside. To be honest I'm not even sure he still bothers to feed
them. Dammit!

Jill

This make me SO ANGRY!

I remember vividly how hard Christy worked to save Miss Pua, when she
almost died of starvation.

And how long it took her to clear up the ringworm: months!

And how Christy said that Miss Pua was always her 'special' cat, because
of their bond. And of course, Miss Pua was so grateful for being saved.

and now this rat ******* has PUT THESE BEAUTIFUL CATS OUTDOORS.

HE'S TOO LAZY TO EVEN TAKE THEM TO A SHELTER??!!!

Some people are nothing but oxygen thieves.

*Must try to calm down* Blood pressure WAY TOO HIGH!!!

Nice way to honor the memory of your wife, you poor excuse for a human
being.

There is a special place in hell waiting for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

I hope you find your way there, very, very soon.
Old April 19th 09, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_6_]

(Gandalf) wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Whoa!! He hasn't abandoned them. From what I've read, the male is still
an indoor cat, and the 2 females are now outdoor cats which they enjoy.
They are still being fed. I'm not defending him, nor do I like them
being outside and getting fleas, etc., but some facts are being misread.

Bobble
Old April 20th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

"jmcquown" wrote in message

snip

A lot of people are upset he simply turned them out. Christy absolutely
would not have wanted that. I'm sure she would have made other
arrangements if she'd known he would do this. Unfortunately, her family
is in Washington (state), not Florida. I'm not sure they'd have taken the
cats anyway.

It just makes me sad. And angry. I feel bad for the cats.

I'm so sad that he put them out. When I asked if they were outdoor cats
now, I was afraid to read the answer, and I worried about the third, too.
When he wrote "kept" inside instead of "keeps inside" I thought it was past
tense and was afraid of what happened to him. This is my big fear for my
cats since I'm single. That if I leave them to a trusted loved one, that
they'd not care for them as I do. I hope Christy can't see this from the
afterlife.

Old April 20th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep"

[gentle snip]

If her family member WANT the cats, maybe we can do a collection to send
them there? We've done it before.... We can do it again (remember that
ol' WWII mantra?)

If he wants to keep Tyrone, as an INDOOR cat, he can do so with the
stipulation that they get regular veterinary visits, plus any medical
treatment, he can, but he should be put on notice that Kili's friends are
WATCHING HIM - and some are not so far away... insert evil grin All
three can be spirited away to someone who will care for them, and a stick
shoved up his butt if he doth protest too much

Is there any one nearby who will adopt Cloe and Miss Pua?
This makes me very sad and mad at him for putting the girls out :/
And I agree with you on the above Lesley.
Poor kitties
Kyla
--in tears about this

Old April 20th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Is there anyone who knew them well enough to try and talk him into taking
them to a shelter if he doesn't want them?
"Bobble" wrote in message
(Gandalf) wrote in
:

Old April 20th 09, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

"Gandalf"
wrote:

[...]

It makes me mad as hell too Gandalf!! Who knows what's going on in his
mind?
He keeps the boy cat inside and puts the girls outside? That is so wrong
IMO. At least he could have taken them to a shelter or have some family
members adopt them. Poor kitties. Christy is watching him and I'm sure
she's watching over her beloved kitties too. And since my youtube is
broken, I can't see the video
We're watching him too.
I hope he is at least putting some food and water out for them.
Dammit, now I'm really hissed of at him and so sad about the kitties.
Kyla

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

Old April 20th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Cheryl" wrote in
:

This is my big fear for my cats since I'm single. That if I leave
them to a trusted loved one, that they'd not care for them as I do. I
hope Christy can't see this from the afterlife.

Do you already have that trusted person picked out? Do you have two, in
case the first needs to abort? People die unexpectedly every day, and even
more often get hospitalized.
Old April 20th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Charleen maybe? I don't know. This is really frustraitng..I could find
them a nice home, but I'm way up in Seattle I'll send her an e-mail.
Kyla
"Granby"
Is there anyone who knew them well enough to try and talk him into taking
them to a shelter if he doesn't want them?
"Bobble" (Gandalf) wrote in
: