Rob's Oncology visit, mostly OT

Old August 21st 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Rob's Oncology visit, mostly OT

tanadashoes wrote:
When I first read the MRI report, I said that it wasn't all that clear to
me. Sorta like kissing your sibling. Well, it was clear to the oncologist.
It is back for sure and we are now going into the next phase of Rob's
odyssey through chemoland.

{{{Rob and Pam}}} Purrs winging their way over the Atlantic, as always
for you two.

Old August 21st 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

tanadashoes wrote:
When I first read the MRI report, I said that it wasn't all that clear to
me. Sorta like kissing your sibling. Well, it was clear to the oncologist.
It is back for sure and we are now going into the next phase of Rob's
odyssey through chemoland.

Tomorrow, we go to Womack Army Medical Center to arrange for a surgeon to
put in a Porta-Cath. This is to make administering his new chemo therapy
easier. Then, after it is in, he will be put on a course or two of Avastin
and CPT-11. He will be on these through two courses of each then they will
have another MRI done.

Rob's Doctor states that the prognosis depends mainly on Rob. If he can
handle the chemo well, shows up on the right days and times for chemo (a
stab at me because they called to change his appointment and didn't have an
up to date phone number for us, or so they said), is able to keep his blood
count looking good, and so on and so forth, he will do much better than
expected. If he doesn't do all those things, he will not last long. My
money is on Rob. He's pig headed.

The cats have known for over a month now. Right now Rob is sleeping with
QC, Merlin, and Huey with him and Tanada is waiting her turn.

I asked about taking Rob to Kentucky. I was told to do it as soon as I can
arrange it. Sigh. Mike wants us to go down to Disney World as soon as we
can too. He understands that Kentucky is our first priority. Somehow.

Pam S.

Purrs and prayers for Rob on the way from the northwest.

Sam and Ramona
Old August 21st 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Pam, when it is "family" it is never OT. I am with you, my money is on Rob
and YOU. I have been where you are, the other half of a journey into the
land of not. So, if you need me, you know where I am. If you can't get me
because of this damn server, leave a message on rpcc, several have my number
and will call. Courage and prayers.
m...

Old August 21st 08, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I understand about the cats knowing. The two dogs that were in our
household knew about Bobs problems a bit sooner than I did. They took turns
staying with him day and night.
"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
tanadashoes wrote:
The cats have known for over a month now. Right now Rob is sleeping with
QC, Merlin, and Huey with him and Tanada is waiting her turn.

Lots and lots of purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 21st 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Rob seems to be good at defeating odds and expectations-- just like
cats. Our very best purrs, as always, are with you.

Thanks, we appreciate your thoughts and purrs. Rob is tough, but
this one is slowly winning.

Not true in my book.

You and Rob are both winners. You have been every day for a long time
now. And you will continue to be for however long you can.

Purrs. Cause life ain't easy. And some times are harder than others.

Jo

Old August 21st 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

tanadashoes wrote:
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message

Pam and Rob and the cats

--
Will in New Haven

Hugs back Will. Rob is special, as those who've come to know him
understand. He's a nutter, but I love him.

Nutters are the best sort. The don't mind other people being nutters too :-)

Pam, I don't really know what to say to you, only that you & Rob & your
family (inc critters) have our support & our prayers.

Yowie

Old August 21st 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

tanadashoes wrote:

Rob's Doctor states that the prognosis depends mainly on Rob.

Purrs for Rob to come through the chemo with flying colours!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 21st 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

It seems it never stops for the both of you :-(
All I can do is send purrs and wish for Rob to be his pig headed self......

Nanny

"tanadashoes" schreef in bericht
m...

Old August 21st 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Pam}}}}}}}} Hugs to you, Rob and Mike. Purrs that Rob is indeed
pig-headed.

Don't know if this info will be welcomed or even helpful. When Dad went
through chemo he was drinking "shakes" made with L-Glutamine powder three
times a day. He swore it made him feel much less nauseated as well as
boosting his energy level. It was a tip from one of his nurses.

Jill