Rolo (RB)

Old August 23rd 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Rolo (RB)

I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

Also i have got a couple of meezers-I've always liked meezers and the
shelter stall had a pair of really beautiful meezer statues which are
now sitting on ,my bookcase guarding my Terry Pratchett hardbacks(The
bookcase is the only safe place for orlaments apart from the display
cabinet on the telly stand-anywhere else the Furballs knock things
off)

And I've told her I can help type newsletters and things like that so
I might be volunteering for them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 23rd 08, 02:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

I'm sorry you lost one of your sponsored kitties. So sad

And I've told her I can help type newsletters and things like that so
I might be volunteering for them

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Warm wishes for the volunteering

Jill

Old August 23rd 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 23, 8:59 am, Lesley wrote:
I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He will have his lovely bed at the Bridge and be the envy of all.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

It's always too soon but it seems that he had a good life.

--
Will in New Haven

One truck driver called to the waitress,
After the kids went outside.
"Them candies ain't two for a penny.""So what's it to you?" she
replied.
In silence they finished their coffee,
And got up and nodded goodbye.
She called: "Hey, you left too much money!"
"So what's it to you?" they replied.

“Here Comes that Rainbow Again” - Kris Kristofferson
Old August 23rd 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 23, 9:13*am, Will in New Haven
wrote:

It's always too soon but it seems that he had a good life.

He was a much beloved pet whose Hoomins migrated to Spain and found
they couldn't take him because of his FIV (I wouldn't have gone but
there you are I would like to think they had no choice) so they asked
the shelter to take him in and he had a nice life with Joan and the
other FIV kitties

Old August 23rd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

Lesley wrote:
I had to go to Stratford this morning and to my delight my local cat
shelter had their stall there- I said I was due to renew my friends of
the shelter subscription so it would save me having to remember to do
it and posting a cheque so I handed over the money including the 5.00
per head for my 5 FIV cats I sponsor and the lady told me that Rolo,
one of my sponsors, crossed the Bridge on Thursday. He was in good
health until last week then he didn't seem well so she took him to the
vet and it was found that his kidneys had stopped working completely.

Last Christmas one of the volunteers gave Rolo a blue bed, which he
loved and chased other cats off it, she buried him lying on it.

He was about 14-15 years old.,

Sorry to hear about Rolo. I'm sure he is happy at RB now, and complete
again.

Old August 23rd 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

wrote:

He will have his lovely bed at the Bridge and be the envy of all.

Thank you that's a lovely thought- funny I have one photo and a
progress report on Rolo and that;s all I never stroked him or even met
him and I feel like I've lost one of my own

Old August 23rd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

I'm so sorry to hear that. When you sponsor a cat (or any animal) it must
feel like a personal loss when they die.

Nanny

"Lesley" schreef in bericht

Old August 23rd 08, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^^=

"Lesley"
On Aug 23, 9:13 am, Will in New Haven
:

It's always too soon but it seems that he had a good life.

He was a much beloved pet whose Hoomins migrated to Spain and found
they couldn't take him because of his FIV (I wouldn't have gone but
there you are I would like to think they had no choice) so they asked
the shelter to take him in and he had a nice life with Joan and the
other FIV kitties

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I am so sorry to hear about this. Purrs for his safe trip to The Bridge
I'm glad he had a happy life at the shelter.
It's so sad when kitties and hoomins, get these horrid diseases
Bless Joan's heart for caring for these kitties.
Purrs and love
Kyla & Mosey

Old August 24th 08, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Lesley wrote:
He was about 14-15 years old.,

Lots of purrs for Rolo's passing.