Another Riley Update... :)

Old August 26th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Another Riley Update... :)

First of all, purrs and prayers to all who need them. We'll light a
candle for all the babies who have gone to the bridge - Nannys Tiger,
Mathews grandfather, CATherines Sheba, and anyone else I've missed.

This is a bit of a hit and run posting as I can't keep up at the
moment. I just have to share some Riley news. When Riley arrived 2
weeks ago, he was an unhinged, 4 month old full feral, who paniced the
minute anyone approached him and pop-corned everywhere. He peed
himself in fear if you spoke to him, was so traumatised he didn't dare
leave his bed to use a litter box and just shook in terror all the
time.

My vet gave him some Clomicalm to try and help. I implemented my feral
cat whispering skills.......

Today is a 2 week update. Riley has been coming on well - he lets me
handle him a little bit now, he's reduced to a dribbling squirmy,
purry mess when I scritch him, he rushes forward to the front of the
cage demanding to know where food is, he mugs me for tuna baby food
(and buying that in the store is a whole different story in itself!)
when he thinks I have some, and last night, my alpha boy-cat HRFL
Tiger instigated play with him and a catnip mousie as I let Riley out
of his pen to stretch his legs.

Riley came out of the pen again this morning. He's played and played
and played. He's had a ball. He's run up and down the scratch posts,
ambushed the dog, explored the bookshelves, killed several mousies,
and just generally acted like a young, confident curious kitten-cat.
Every time I touch him, he purrs, although he's still quite lary of
being handled. And when he'd had enough playtime, he put himself back
to bed in his pen!!

I can't get over the change in what was such a truly traumatised
feral, fearful boy. I can't even begin to explain the circumstances of
his background, but what I will say is that it wasn't the best, and
those of you who have dealt with inner city colonies under threat from
unscrupulous *******s know exactly what I mean.

It's these pieces of hope that make me do what I do. Riley is a very
special little starfish.

Huffy
Old August 26th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

It's these pieces of hope that make me do what I do. Riley is a very
special little starfish.

Huffy

Or rather, me Helen M..... never copy post an email to a newgroup
without checking how you signed it! ;o)

Helen M
Old August 26th 08, 02:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nanny[_4_]

So the real Riley has appeared :-) And part of that new Riley must be a very
tough cat to be able to show his original character like that so soon.
Congratulations !

Nanny

schreef in bericht

Old August 26th 08, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
[...]

No, silly, he's a kitten! What a fantastic story. We want pictures, you
know.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 26th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_5_] Bridget[_5_] is offline
Banned

wrote in message news:463ab7a8-dcc6-48a7-9e7c-
Riley is a very
special little starfish.

hehehe, I like that phrase. I will have to find a way to make it my own.

Old August 26th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Keep us updated with stories about Riley.
I love reading them. And photos, of course.
God bless.

Lily & her mama

wrote in message
[...]

from the stars we come