Cats in Navarre, FL

Old March 19th 05, 08:33 PM

Default Cats in Navarre, FL

I live in North shores, on the sound side, in Navarre, Fl. I am now
taking care of between 6 and 8 cats on any given day. They all seemed
to appear after hurricane Ivan.

I just spent about $80 for a weeks worth of food yeasterday. I really
cannot let a cat starve. Most of these cats must belong to someone
because I have been able to get them to come to me.

If there is anyone who is missing a cat along or off of Rt. 98 please
write to me. Most of the cats were almost starved by the time they
found me. There are 2 gray cats, one red striped with a white
stomach, one black cat, 2 gray striped cats, one with a very dististive
nose marking, and others.

I have only been able to afford to have one vaccinated and neutered.
That cat is a reddish yellow cat. I have been able to bring him into
the house and I will not give him up.

If anyone recognizes these discriptions please post a message to me and
I'll see if I can return the cat. The red and white cat had on a green
collar that I had to remove because it had become too tight.
If anyone knows where I can have all of these cats checked over by a Vet
and neutured , at a reduce price, I welcome the imformation. I will not
turn away any of the cats until a suitable home, where they will be
vaccinated and neutered, can be found.

Cat lady of Navarre

Just remember that it's a grand illusion

Deep inside we're all the same

STYX

The truth is out there.

X-files

Old March 20th 05, 07:03 PM
Hemmaholic

Bless you for taking in these homeless, lost and forgotten animals.
You're doing a good thing, although $80 for a weeks food seems a bit
much! Those kitties must be eating really good!

Call all of the local Vets and ask them about cat rescue organizations,
also try contacting the American Humane Society and SPCA. Any or all
may be able to put you in touch with local organization that will
assist you with the care and feeding of these animals.

Another source is Pet Finders and the Internet Lost and Found.

I care for a small colony of feral cats myself, there are only five
main individuals and several more transient toms (haven't been able to
trap and neuter them yet), I spend maybe $25 every two weeks to feed
these precious forgotten spirits, and they do eat well. I found help
with them through Indy Feral, so you might try contacting the Humane
Society in the closest large city to you. Also, since you fell most of
these kitties are refugees from Hurricane Ivan, try speaking with your
local newspapers alone with TV and Radio stations. Some of them might
be interested in running a "Human Interest" story about them and
finding their owners.

I hope all this will get you the assistance you need in caring for and,
hopefully, finding their owners. Good luck to you and many Blessings!

Hemma

Old March 20th 05, 07:14 PM
I'm bAck wIth my Fav4iteMidis

Cats in Navarre, FL

Group: rec.pets.cats.rescue Date: Sat, Mar 19, 2005, 1:33pm (EST-1)
From:
[...]

Are you buying can cat food or dry cat food? Buying a couple 18 or 22
pound. bags of dry cat food instead of the can cat food would be alot
cheaper. I have 5 cats. They're not strays. They are inside cats & I buy
no more then 2 large bags of cat food once a month. Even if I have cat
food left over I still buy one or two every month. The begining of this
month between buying three premierm choice cat litter 30 pounds of cat
litter in each one for only $5.98 plus tax for each one & one 18 pound
bag of cat food it came up to $27.22.

Old March 23rd 05, 03:08 AM
Chris

There was a pretty well orchestrated effort after the hurricanes among the
local rescue groups, humane societies, etc. Have you contacted any of them.
Where is Navarres (east/west coast?)

Old April 10th 05, 01:26 PM
hobbs

God will bless you for what you are doing, I hope you can get some
replies from owners soon Purrs and Hugs Jean.P.
news

Old June 13th 14, 05:01 PM
Ashley Arneson Ashley Arneson is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Hello, I lost my cat a few months ago in Navarre. He's black and white and gray striped tabby short hair. He has a brown mark under his chin. Do you have any that match that description by any chance??