Pickle

Old January 10th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default Pickle

Suki, as you know, was named because he was such a 'sooky' puss, even though
Indigo was also a perfectly decent name. Pickle was the name that Cary chose
for the short haired cat previously known as Casper, Kunks & T.D. (in that
order). Pickle is a strange name, but he answered to it immediately and it
seemed to fit, so it stuck - I mean, what do you expect if you let a 3 year
old name a cat?

But it gets a little more interesting. Are any of you familiar with the kids
show Higglytown Heroes? And do you know what the Higglytown heroes say
instead of swearing?

Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

So my darling 3 year old named his cat with the worst 3 year old's swear
word he could think of.

Not coincidentally, "PICKLE!!!!!" has become somewhat of a swear word in my
vocabulary too, as Pickle (the cat) is displaying behaviour that illicits
naughty bad swear words that I, as a parent, am not allowed to say in front
of a three year old.

So, Pickle the cat isn't a ******** cat* so much as a complete and utter
"pickle"head.

Yowie
(Tish, the tradition of Ted lives on, even if it is in 3 year old speak)
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old January 11th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 10, 5:41 am, "Yowie" wrote:
Suki, as you know, was named because he was such a 'sooky' puss, even though
Indigo was also a perfectly decent name. Pickle was the name that Cary chose
for the short haired cat previously known as Casper, Kunks & T.D. (in that
order). Pickle is a strange name, but he answered to it immediately and it
seemed to fit, so it stuck - I mean, what do you expect if you let a 3 year
old name a cat?

My friend's three year old named their new Irish Wolfhound puppy
"Telegraph." Don't ask why because, years later, the young lady
herself doesn't know. Tellie lived about nine years, which is long for
a wolfhound but it sure wasn't long enough for that little girl. The
name really worked out all right and so will "pickle."

Will in New Haven

--

"Don't worry too much about being bluffed. D*gs DO bite."
_Poker for Cats_ by Feather

Old January 11th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

Yowie wrote:
[...]

Ah, the Shmogg lives on! Does Cary say whether it's a sweet, dill,
bread-and-butter, or other variety of Pickle?

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old January 11th 08, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"sam" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
[...]

Cary recognises lebanese cucumbers as pickles, but not regular or
continental cucumbers (they're just cue-kers, according to him). We have to
buy a 'pickle' (small p) every time we go fruit & veg shopping.

Yowie

Old January 11th 08, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

Old January 11th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

I hear this in my head as you saying the first two syllables at a
relatively low pitch, and the "BAN" part maybe an octave or so higher.

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 11th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Marina wrote:

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

I hear this in my head as you saying the first two syllables at a
relatively low pitch, and the "BAN" part maybe an octave or so higher.

And you have to screw up your eyes wheny ou pronounce the second syllable as
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

Yowie

Old January 11th 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
Marina wrote:

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

I hear this in my head as you saying the first two syllables at a
relatively low pitch, and the "BAN" part maybe an octave or so higher.

And you have to screw up your eyes wheny ou pronounce the second syllable as
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

I also love it when I hear some strange noise somewhere and ask, 'what's
happening there?' and Caliban's head pops up with those huge, innocent
eyes staring at me: 'nothing, Mum. Absolutely nothing to worry about.'