Pickle

Old January 11th 08, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Pickle

Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:
Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of
a swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

Baggy is becoming a swear word lately, since he's been on a diet he's been
letting me know he's hungry by knocking things on the floor.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 11th 08, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Marina wrote:
Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
Marina wrote:

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something
of a swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!
I hear this in my head as you saying the first two syllables at a
relatively low pitch, and the "BAN" part maybe an octave or so
higher.

And you have to screw up your eyes wheny ou pronounce the second
syllable as BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!

I also love it when I hear some strange noise somewhere and ask,
'what's happening there?' and Caliban's head pops up with those huge,
innocent eyes staring at me: 'nothing, Mum. Absolutely nothing to
worry about.'

I can just imagine that. It's very difficult to stay cross with them.

Old January 14th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Yowie wrote:

Suki, as you know, was named because he was such a 'sooky' puss, even though
Indigo was also a perfectly decent name. Pickle was the name that Cary chose
for the short haired cat previously known as Casper, Kunks & T.D. (in that
order). Pickle is a strange name, but he answered to it immediately and it
seemed to fit, so it stuck - I mean, what do you expect if you let a 3 year
old name a cat?

But it gets a little more interesting. Are any of you familiar with the kids
show Higglytown Heroes? And do you know what the Higglytown heroes say
instead of swearing?

Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

So my darling 3 year old named his cat with the worst 3 year old's swear
word he could think of.

Not coincidentally, "PICKLE!!!!!" has become somewhat of a swear word in my
vocabulary too, as Pickle (the cat) is displaying behaviour that illicits
naughty bad swear words that I, as a parent, am not allowed to say in front
of a three year old.

So, Pickle the cat isn't a ******** cat* so much as a complete and utter
"pickle"head.

Yowie
(Tish, the tradition of Ted lives on, even if it is in 3 year old speak)

Thanks for the update, Vicky.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 15th 08, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

Marina wrote:
Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

In our house its "SAR-SI!" usually followed by "NO" or "STOP THAT"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 15th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Yowie wrote:
But it gets a little more interesting. Are any of you familiar with the kids
show Higglytown Heroes? And do you know what the Higglytown heroes say
instead of swearing?

Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

So my darling 3 year old named his cat with the worst 3 year old's swear
word he could think of.

Not coincidentally, "PICKLE!!!!!" has become somewhat of a swear word in my
vocabulary too, as Pickle (the cat) is displaying behaviour that illicits
naughty bad swear words that I, as a parent, am not allowed to say in front
of a three year old.

So, Pickle the cat isn't a ******** cat* so much as a complete and utter
"pickle"head.

LOL - marvellous! Look forward to more pickle-head stories!

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 15th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default AAAAALLLLLLVIIIIINNNN!!!!! (was: Pickle)

LesleyM via CatKB.com u40640@uwe wrote:

Marina wrote:

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

In our house its "SAR-SI!" usually followed by "NO" or "STOP THAT"

In my house, it's "LICK-Y!!" Usually when he's being bratty toward
Smudge. What's really cute is that Smudge knows *exactly* what's going
on. She hears me raising my voice and going "No! Noooooo! Stop it.
Stop it..." etc., in reproachful, warning tones, and she doesn't get
in the least bit perturbed by my tone or volume, because she knows
it's not directed at her (and in fact, she knows I'm trying to get The
Brat off her case).

Joyce

(PS - I was deeply frightened to see a huge billboard with nothing but
the word "AAAAALLLLLLLVIIIINNNN!!!" on it - in December, no less. Heaven
help me, it was a Chipmunks Christmas movie. Which seems to be mercifully
gone now.)

(PPS - if you don't know what the Chipmunks are, consider yourself
blessed and go on your merry way.)

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old January 15th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Marina wrote:

[...]

I thought they were cute, but a whole movie would be a bit much. I didn't
go see it.

Joy

Old January 15th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kraut

(PS - I was deeply frightened to see a huge billboard with nothing but
the word "AAAAALLLLLLLVIIIINNNN!!!" on it - in December, no less. Heaven
help me, it was a Chipmunks Christmas movie. Which seems to be mercifully
gone now.)

(PPS - if you don't know what the Chipmunks are, consider yourself
blessed and go on your merry way.)

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

I thought they were cute, but a whole movie would be a bit much. I didn't
go see it.

Joy

A lot of people lick the chipmunks. For those who do not fine. Do
not watch them. To each their own opinion even if it is somewhat off.
:-(

Old January 15th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

LesleyM via CatKB.com wrote:

Marina wrote:

Would you believe its...

You guessed it,

They say "Oh Pickle".

LOL! Well, the names of rumbunctious cats tend to become something of a
swear word. You should hear me every time I say CaliBAN!

In our house its "SAR-SI!" usually followed by "NO" or "STOP THAT"

Here it's "Get off of there! NOW!!!!" (Followed by a
spritz of water, if they prove stubborn, and I can find the
squirt bottle fast enough.)