Star - they didn't show up to adopt him :-(

Old January 15th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Star - they didn't show up to adopt him :-(

Susan M wrote:
Oh oh - they didn't show up to adopt him after all. She said that
that's pretty common. I hope they just couldn't make it last night
for some reason but will show today?

Purrs purrs purrs for little Star.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Still purring for Star, he's such a sweet looking cat I'm sure he'll find
new slaves soon.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old January 16th 08, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Susan M wrote:
Oh oh - they didn't show up to adopt him after all. She said that
that's pretty common. I hope they just couldn't make it last night for
some reason but will show today?

Purrs purrs purrs for little Star.

Find A Home For a Furry Little Butt purrs on the way.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old January 16th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Susan M" wrote in message
Oh oh - they didn't show up to adopt him after all. She said that that's
pretty common. I hope they just couldn't make it last night for some
reason but will show today?

Purrs purrs purrs for little Star.

Well, maybe they couldn't come for a good reason, but they could have
phoned to say so, couldn't they? I hope better slaves come along soon.
If they promise to adopt him and then don't show up that is not the home
for him. They need to really want him and if they truly do they will move
the earth to get him.

Tweed

That's my reaction, too. It would need to be a "good excuse" on the order
of a true *emergency* before I would want to let people adopt who failed to
show up and didn't even bother to phone. When I made arrangements to adopt
Duffy, I could hardly wait for the day to arrive when I could get him (there
was a three-day waiting period for reference checks and vetting), and I
headed for the shelter *the instant* my classes ended for the day because I
didn't want to take any chance that I would be delayed past their closing
time.

Mary

Old January 16th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

MaryL wrote:

That's my reaction, too. It would need to be a "good excuse" on the order
of a true *emergency* before I would want to let people adopt who failed to
show up and didn't even bother to phone. When I made arrangements to adopt
Duffy, I could hardly wait for the day to arrive when I could get him (there
was a three-day waiting period for reference checks and vetting), and I
headed for the shelter *the instant* my classes ended for the day because I
didn't want to take any chance that I would be delayed past their closing
time.

I know - I remember the breathless anticipation of going to pick up each
of my boys. Desperate not to be late and to be there right on time.

I was thinking maybe they had some kind of emergency ... but that's not
very nice either.

Poor boy - I feel super responsible for him - sure, I've taken him out
of a cold snap - but into a kill shelter since the no-kills were full.

I also have 2 cats and allergic 7 year old. 3 could be the tipping
point for having to rehome all three.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 16th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

could you try and get him into a no kill shelter if his day gets close, I
mean pay the fee and move him, Lee

Old January 16th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:45:00 -0600, "Stormmee"
wrote:

could you try and get him into a no kill shelter if his day gets close, I
mean pay the fee and move him, Lee

Every cat is special, but *YOU* rescued Star.

We can't let Star be killed. I'd be happy to help out with his fee, if
it comes to that.

Perhaps other members of the group could help out, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old January 16th 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Better they not show now than he go through the trauma of a new home and
then be brought back. Will send prayers and purrz he finds his onetruehome
soon.

Old January 16th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Stormmee wrote:
could you try and get him into a no kill shelter if his day gets close, I
mean pay the fee and move him, Lee

I tried them - they're all full, which is why I took him to the SPCA first.
Old January 16th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

wrote:

could you try and get him into a no kill shelter if his day gets close, I
mean pay the fee and move him, Lee

Every cat is special, but *YOU* rescued Star.

We can't let Star be killed. I'd be happy to help out with his fee, if
it comes to that.

It's too soon to panic. He's got another busy weekend coming up. I'll
keep monitoring him.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old January 16th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

another option... I don't know how many have this but our city pound has
"sponsored" cats" you pay their fees and that guarantees they aren't PTS,

Adopt an Aby! Pat Cat anecdotes 8 May 17th 07 12:42 AM
International Cat Show on Games Show Network in March. kraut Cat community 0 January 19th 07 09:15 PM
Who to adopt (long)? [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 12 August 23rd 06 12:10 AM
we help adopt [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 September 5th 05 02:56 PM
Adopt This Great Cat! Mary Cat health & behaviour 123 July 3rd 05 05:08 PM