Robin's Favorite Toy

Old March 8th 05, 06:31 PM
CATherine

Default Robin's Favorite Toy

Robin has an active imagination. And, being an indoor kitty now, he
gets bored. So his active mind invents ways to give him some fun and
activity. He is really good at catching greeblings running through the
house.

Even when he is resting in front of the wood stove with the other
cats, he is on the lookout for something to play with and use some of
his boundless energy. He will play for hours with a small wood chip
that escaped going into the stove. There are a couple cardboard boxes
to play with and he even chews on the corners of the flaps. And
dragging the boxes here and there.

But his favorite playtoy is: - you will never guess! - aw, go on,
guess! ;-D Yup! It is Sheba's tail! LOL!!

Robin will be sound asleep in front of the stove. Sheba will settle
down near him with her tail near his face or paws. And the tip of her
tail will twitch. And Robin will wake up and slap at it. Sheba will
growl; but she doesn't move her tail. She twitches, Robin slaps, Sheba
growls. I swear she does it on purpose! Is she getting kinky in her
old age?

Yesterday Sheba was sitting in front of the stove with her tail
straight out behind her. Robin came trotting up and spotted the
twitching tip. He leaped over Sheba, landing on her tail and got the
tip in his mouth! What red-blooded feline could resist? Sheba growled
and Robin kept right on playing with the twitching tip he was sitting
on. Sheba didn't move herself out from under the larger cat until we
got the camera out. Darn!

--
CATherine
Old March 8th 05, 06:37 PM
Katz

CATherine wrote:
Silly Robin! He sounds like he would provide hours of amusement. And
isn't Sheba a good girl to put up with it?

Katz

Old March 8th 05, 08:27 PM
CATherine

On 8 Mar 2005 10:37:04 -0800, "Katz" wrote:

CATherine wrote:
Silly Robin! He sounds like he would provide hours of amusement. And
isn't Sheba a good girl to put up with it?

Katz

I think her growling is just for show to save her dignity. She really
likes Robin. She would never tolerate anything like that form anyone
else. But everyone loves Robin. And he loves everyone. He is the most
good-natured cat I have ever seen. He is always happy.

--
CATherine
Old March 9th 05, 12:51 AM
Cheryl

On Tue 08 Mar 2005 01:31:32p, CATherine wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Yesterday Sheba was sitting in front of the stove with her tail
straight out behind her. Robin came trotting up and spotted the
twitching tip. He leaped over Sheba, landing on her tail and got
the tip in his mouth! What red-blooded feline could resist?
Sheba growled and Robin kept right on playing with the twitching
tip he was sitting on. Sheba didn't move herself out from under
the larger cat until we got the camera out. Darn!

Darn is right cos that would have been a cute pic! I have a houseful
of tail-players now. The kittens started it. They are just so cute
chasing each other in walking circles batting each others tails.
Shamrock and Bonnie join in now too. Unfortunately this game usually
takes place under my feet in the kitchen when I'm getting their
breakfast or dinner ready.

--
Cheryl
Old March 9th 05, 04:45 AM
Marina

CATherine wrote:
Yesterday Sheba was sitting in front of the stove with her tail
straight out behind her. Robin came trotting up and spotted the
twitching tip. He leaped over Sheba, landing on her tail and got the
tip in his mouth! What red-blooded feline could resist? Sheba growled
and Robin kept right on playing with the twitching tip he was sitting
on. Sheba didn't move herself out from under the larger cat until we
got the camera out. Darn!

LOL! What a patient girl Sheba is!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki