Confession: I am not above stealing cats

Old July 10th 04, 08:58 PM
Melissa Houle

TBird wrote in message
k.net...
Well, ya' see, I like living healthy cats. I'm kinda partial to that
version over the half eaten by foxes variety that comes home as a bloodied
collar.

SNIPPAGE
Just now, I went to bring the horses in and was pleasantly surprised to
find... *a barn cat*!!! WAHOOOO! A gorgeous calico medium hair feral.
S/he was terrified of me, did not respond to trills at all, and ran at the
earliest opportunity. I put out a bowl of water - it's going to be 98F

here
today. I'm so excited! Another cat, and a mouse catcher! I'm so

excited!
I'm gonna work on stealing this cat, wherever s/he came from. Gonna lure
the cat with fresh water and maybe a cozy nest.

I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. Because I know that A) cats
pick their own humans, and B) I take really good care of the cats in my
life. So there. I confess. And you can't stop me.

TBird --- cat thief

Actually, I'd say you're more of a cat BURGLAR. =o)

If people are careless with their cats when they know there are dangers
awaiting them outside, I don't think they have a lot of grounds for
complaint if the cats end up choosing new humans.

Melissa

Old July 10th 04, 11:51 PM
Gandalf

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:16:58 GMT, "TBird" wrote:

Well, ya' see, I like living healthy cats. I'm kinda partial to that
version over the half eaten by foxes variety that comes home as a bloodied
collar.

SNIP
I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. Because I know that A) cats
pick their own humans, and B) I take really good care of the cats in my
life. So there. I confess. And you can't stop me.

TBird --- cat thief

The way I see it, you're saving LIVES here, plain and simple. If people
can't or won't take proper care of their cats, you are commended for
stepping in and saving them from a terrible fate.

There is no question that you hold the high moral ground here!!! Good
for you!

(I live in right in a city, where cars are less than of a threat than a
hungry predator, but I keep my precious Kenzie inside, and she seems
very happy to look upon the great OUT from windows, and my porch.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old July 11th 04, 03:05 AM
Rebecca Tufts

I have barn cats, two, and they get a little bit of cat food, and some goat
milk.
Rebecca

Old July 11th 04, 03:05 AM
Rebecca Tufts

Old July 11th 04, 11:22 AM

Gandalf wrote:

The way I see it, you're saving LIVES here, plain and simple. If people
can't or won't take proper care of their cats, you are commended for
stepping in and saving them from a terrible fate.
There is no question that you hold the high moral ground here!!! Good
for you!

I agree. In order for you to be seen as a thief in that situation, you'd
have to subscribe to the notion that a cat is a person's property. And
while that might be true legally, I don't believe it is morally. I agree
you did the right thing!

Joyce

Old July 12th 04, 03:33 PM
TBird

"CATherine" wrote in message
Where in Colorado? I live halfway between Colo. Sprgs and Limon.
--
CATherine

Why do you ask? Missing a cat? ;-)

Actually, I live way north, north of Fort Collins off I-25. I used to live
in Louisville (where the cat got eaten), outside of Boulder.

By the way - I haven't seen the barn cat again. :-(

TBird ---- trying to figure out how to feed the cat without feeding the
mice...