Memories: Persia's Great Escape

Old August 12th 14, 01:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Memories: Persia's Great Escape

One day, long ago, Persia decided to go on an adventure. A friend had
sent me a package. The United Parcel Service guy knocked on the door.
I opened the door to retrieve it and Persia took the opportunity to dash
outside.

I immediately went after her. I called to her. Oh no, she was in the
big OUTDOORS. An adventure! She paused, but wouldn't come to me. I
followed her all along the back of the apartments... I worried
constantly because there was a busy street right there. Don't run into
the street!

She finally came to a halt at the end of the next block. She had turned
and was about to come to me when some *idiot* opened his front door and
let two big dogs (unleashed) out. They scared the heck out of her and
she took off running. (I said some rather unkind words to the man.)

Night fell. I was out with a flashlight, looking for her. Calling for
her. I had to go to work the next day. I had to go to sleep. It also
poured down rain.

I was feeling completely bereft. When I got home from work I went out
on the patio, calling for her. No Persia. I sat down on the swing and
started to cry. I felt sure I'd never see her again. As the sun was
setting I went inside.

A few minutes later I heard a meow at the patio door. "Meow?" Yep, she
had found her way home. She had dried mud and leaves stuck to her fur.
I'm guessing she slept huddled under a bush next to one of the apartments.

I plucked some leaves from her fur and brushed the dried mud off. She
sat in my lap and purred. She decided the big OUT wasn't nearly as nice
as she thought it was. She never tried to run outside again.

Jill
Old August 12th 14, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Please continue the Memories of Persia posts. I will enjoy reading them.
I would like you to think about what a great life you gave her (lost
declawed cat, how badly that could have turned out) but it didn't due to
you.
At some time in the future, not yet, please think about getting another pet.
It's hard to live alone without something to love and love you back. I
hope that it's not too insensitive to say that at the moment. You have so
much to offer a cat (or even a dog since you have had both experiences) that
needs someone.

Tweed