Still no Sammy news

Old November 8th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default Still no Sammy news

(((((((((((Dan and Nancy)))))))))))))
I looked at Sammy's picture again, and he's wearing a collar, right?
Sammy, puuuuuuurrs for you to get home safe and soon.
Praying hard.....
Love
Kyla and Mosey

He was when he disappeared. I hope he still has it on.
Old November 8th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I'm willing to bet that Sammy is also pretty close to home, wherever he
is. Purrs that he is someplace out of the weather, until he gets home!

We're thinking that too. We've gone over every place in and around the
house where we think a cat could possibly fit (or even think about).
We've gone through the abandoned house next door twice (but we tell the
police that , have walked all the nearby streets out several blocks,
and have handed out flyers with color photos to neighbors and to both
vets and the local shelter.

Not near to giving up yet!
Old November 8th 08, 07:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:52:44 -0600, Daniel Mahoney
wrote:

I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

This would be about my worst nightmare

Purrs that Sammy is a block or two away, being papered by some kind
people, who don't know that he is missing from your home.

That's my plan, and I'm sticking with it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 8th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

wrote:

I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

still sending out those GYFBH NOW purs
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old November 8th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

wrote:

I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

Perhaps stating the obvious: you could print out, or have printed
(xeroxed) some text type fliers; LOTS of them.

And then put one in EVERY mailbox in a three block radius. Or further.

Enough time has passed, and I'm sure you have fliers on phone poles,
etc.

Perhaps someone has him and doesn't want to give him back. Or simply
doesn't know he is lost.

But if their neighbors know about the situation, they might intervene in
your behalf.

The reason I say this is because a long time ago I saw numerous fliers
for a lost cat. (I ALWAYS read fliers on the phone poles in the
neighborhood). There was a color photo of a white cat with orange spots.

A few days later, while on a walk, I saw a young girl playing with a
cat, that was tied up, almost out of sight of the front sidewalk. I went
around to the alley.

I talked to the child, and (about 6 YO) and she told me that they had
'found' the cat, recently.

It looked *exactly* like the flier; I even went and got one, so I could
compare. Same cat, without a doubt.

The mother came out and yelled up one side and down the other, when I
told her about the cat.

I called the owner, and they had a terrible time getting the cat back.

The little girl had fallen in love with the cat, and the parents were
dead set on keeping it.

I even got a call from the police, wanting to hear my story directly.

I don't know exactly what happened, but the original owners got their
cat back, and I got a threatening phone call from the people who had
tried to keep the cat. (Idiots: caller ID! I reported it, of course.)

I hope there is nowhere near the drama involved, but I'm hoping somebody
has Sammy, and thinks he's 'just' a stray.

You are getting basically the same weather I am, (cold and nasty) and I
hate to think that Sammy is outside, on his own.

I hope he is safe, somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 8th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Suz

On Nov 7, 1:52�pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
I ran over to the Animal Rescue League (the local shelter) again today.
They're great about letting me look in all the cat cages, even the new
arrivals.

No Sam.

But you know what really tears me up? They have 5 rooms full of cats,
and when I walk in all of the kitties start yelling "Me! Me! Pick me!
take me home!" They all want so badly to be given a loving home, and
they all DESERVE to have loving home. It's heartbreaking.

I left them a flyer with a color photo. Going to pass out a bunch more
flyers over the weekend. We got snow this morning, and supposed to get
more over the weekend. Won't be seeing many neighbors out and about I
don't think.

Purrs that Sammy comes home.
Suz&Spicey
Old November 9th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spot[_2_]

These people sound about as bright as the guy who's dog I picked up on a 4
lane highway.

I tried to locate him with flyers in the area where I found the dog. When I
got no calls I finally took the dog to the local shelter. That evening he
calls me, he's drunk and tells me he wants his dog. I told him I took it to
the shelter since I couldn't possibly keep it here with my three. I gave
him the phone number of the shelter. He yells at me for picking him up. I
yelled back at him .....if I hadn't he be a bloody splat in the highway
right now and you wouldn't have a damned dog.

Two days later I get this nasty phone call from his mother yelling at me for
picking the dog up because it cost him $150.00 to get the dog back. I
thought serves him right maybe next time the ass won't let the dog loose to
run.

Celeste

--
Save 25% or more on your eBay® auctions
Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip

Old November 9th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

GYFBH purrs on the way from Hobbes, Lacey, Barnabus, Meeka and Rosco
and extra rumbly, growly, "don't push your luck buddy, GYFBHRN" purrs
from our Sam to yours.

Julie

Old November 10th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H

Sending lots of GYFBHN purrs and thoughts for Sammy
to do just that!

When my family has had escapees, they've always ended up
being very close to home, and the same with Helen M's Robbie,
when he was practicing his Ninja skills. All had happy
endings. Here's hoping that Sammy is just around the corner,
but perhaps too spooked to come right out.

I'll make sure the Fairfax Fur Factory keeps the purrs
up for Sammy to get back home quickly!

(And now you know why I can't work at the shelter...I'd have
'em all home if I could. Makes me wish I could afford a big
house with lots of land...)

Purrs and good thoughts!

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)