Tigger back to vet

Old February 27th 09, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_2_]

Default Tigger back to vet

I'm sorry to hear this Alison...it's so hard deciding what to do.
May I give you a hug?
(((((((Alison)))))
Love to you and Tigger
Kyla

"AlisonT"
She started throwing up again night before last and didn't eat her
treats yesterday. Just a few days ago she was playing with the
feather and seeming like her old self. They did sub q fluids, gave
her a shot of prednisone, a shot for her vomitting, and the same
medicine she had before. She seemed to feel better and ate a couple
bites last night but no treats again this morning. He didn't run any
bloodwork on her. He said, we both know it is worse, there's no use
in spending the money. She is on borrowed time.

I got to the vet's early and was sitting in the waiting room.
Apparently a puppy had gotten into something and came out with a
bandaged foot. I could hear them laughing in the exam room. Every
laugh cut into my soul.

I'm really wrestling with my decision not to force feed her again. I
don't want to prolong her life unnecesarily just for myself and her
daddy. On the other hand she did have a pretty good month. The vet
said not to let her go for more than another day without eating. So
tomorrow I will have to decide. At lunch I will go and get her some
ground beef. That's the one thing that she will eat that is a special
treat for her. She only eats it raw so I have avoided it because I
didn't want to make her sick. Seems kind of a moot point now...

Old February 28th 09, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

AlisonT wrote:

I'm really wrestling with my decision not to force feed her again. I
don't want to prolong her life unnecesarily just for myself and her
daddy. On the other hand she did have a pretty good month.

I know this is the hardest bit. Do or don't? What's best and for whom? I
wish I could help you with your decision, but I can only send purrs and
more purrs.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old February 28th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AlisonT

Thank you everyone for you kind thoughts. Unfortunately she seems to
be doing much worse. Clif and I can see it in her eyes. I've made
the final appointment for Monday. Hopefully I will have to cancel,
but it doesn't look likely.
Old February 28th 09, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 28, 7:37*am, AlisonT wrote:
Thank you everyone for you kind thoughts. *Unfortunately she seems to
be doing much worse. *Clif and I can see it in her eyes. *I've made
the final appointment for Monday. *Hopefully I will have to cancel,
but it doesn't look likely.

Sending purrs and we will be thinking of you Monday- really hope you
have to cancel though

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 28th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"AlisonT" wrote in message
, the

second-guessing - even after all this time I wonder to myself if I cut
Bandit's life too short or waited too long and caused her to suffer. Some
people will tell you that she'll let you know, and I envy them that
surety, but I never knew it. Looking back logically with my head and not
my heart, I know it was time to let her go - but my heart denies what my
head tells me.

I have always known when it was time, it's when I know they don't want to go
on. I cannot explain how I know, but I do.
I will leave you with this thought.
Better a day too early than a day too late.
Tweed

Old March 1st 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"AlisonT" wrote in message
, the

second-guessing - even after all this time I wonder to myself if I
cut Bandit's life too short or waited too long and caused her to
suffer. Some people will tell you that she'll let you know, and I
envy them that surety, but I never knew it. Looking back logically
with my head and not my heart, I know it was time to let her go -
but my heart denies what my head tells me.

I have always known when it was time, it's when I know they don't
want to go on. I cannot explain how I know, but I do.
I will leave you with this thought.
Better a day too early than a day too late.
Tweed

You know we always tell each other on this group that you will know
when it is time, or they will tell you when its time. And we try very
hard not to second guess anyone who is already dealing with a
heartbreaking decision.

But while sometimes it is very clear, they just look at you and you
know, sometime it isn't that clear.

All I can say when its like that, use your best judgment of how much
life still has to offer them, rely on you vets advice if you trust
their judgment more than your own, and try not to beat yourself up.
Remember for the most part our fur kids do not judge, and are quick to
forgive. We learn from them to be kind to ourselves and to others.

Jo

Old March 1st 09, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

AlisonT wrote:

Thank you everyone for you kind thoughts. Unfortunately she seems to
be doing much worse. Clif and I can see it in her eyes. I've made
the final appointment for Monday. Hopefully I will have to cancel,
but it doesn't look likely.

I'm so sorry. I hope she rallies before you go, but if it's really her
time to go, then I hope her passing is peaceful.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 1st 09, 07:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"AlisonT" wrote in message
[...]

That is also my opinion. I have never felt that one of my furbabies "told"
me when it was time to go. I had to make the decision in their best
interests, and it was devastating but necessary--a final gift of love, after
much soul searching, veterinary consultations, and everything I knew to do
to help them. But in the end, it came down to me deciding what I had to do
*for* them, and I never could see that one was "telling" me that it was
"time." I also agree with Tweed, who said "better a day too early than a
day too late." I have had friends who waited far too long (and recognized
it themselves, after the fact). That placed their loving companions in a
period of intense suffering with no chance of recovery or even a "tolerable"
life.

MaryL

Old March 1st 09, 10:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

THANK YOU AND YOUR dh FOR RESPECTING YOUR FRIEND AND LOVING HER ENOUGH TO DO
WHAT IS BEST FOR HER, i KNOW IT IS HARD AND i AM PROUD OF YOU, lEE

Tigger AlisonT Cat anecdotes 4 January 31st 09 05:58 AM
Bad news on Tigger AlisonT Cat anecdotes 16 January 29th 09 06:27 PM
Tigger update 2 Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 25 November 10th 07 11:19 PM
Tigger update Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 12 November 1st 07 03:02 AM