Opportunities lost (OT)

Old August 16th 03, 03:16 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Dan Mahoney wrote:

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:03:53 -0000, Dick C
wrote:

Dave, you are the only reason I would move to California and vote.
Given the list of losers running for governor of your state, I wouldn't
want to live there on a bet.

Neither would many of us stuck with living here!

Tell you what, Dave - if you were running, I'd vote for you. Better
you than Ah-nold, or Gary Coleman, or .....

GARY COLEMAN?????? I missed THAT one! (This "recall" business bids
fair to be an even greater circus then the 2000 presidential election!)

Dan

Old August 16th 03, 06:08 AM
Yoj

wrote:

Dave, you are the only reason I would move to California and vote.
Given the list of losers running for governor of your state, I

wouldn't
want to live there on a bet.

Neither would many of us stuck with living here!

Tell you what, Dave - if you were running, I'd vote for you. Better
you than Ah-nold, or Gary Coleman, or .....

GARY COLEMAN?????? I missed THAT one! (This "recall" business bids
fair to be an even greater circus then the 2000 presidential

election!)

Dan

Yep. One thing I find really funny is that, at the beginning, no
Democrats were going to run. When the list of 135 candidates was
published in my newspaper, there were something like 36 Republicans, 43
Independents, a handful of people from minor parties - and 50 Democrats!

As a Californian, the whole thing horrifies me, and I really wish Peter
Uberoth would be elected. As somebody with a twisted sense of humor,
I'm getting a big kick out of the whole thing. I fully expect Arnold to
be elected, but who knows?

Joy

Old August 16th 03, 07:43 PM

wrote:

[...]

Well, Minnesota had a professional wrestler as governor (having seen a
couple of his films, I don't REALLY consider Schwartzeneger an "actor"),
so he might actually suprise us. (If only the whole process didn't seem
to be unofficially re-writing the state constitution!)

Joy

Old August 16th 03, 08:15 PM
Jo Firey

Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."

wrote:

[...]

THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
ARTICLE II

Voting, Initiative, Referendum, and Recall

Section 1. All political power is inherent in the people, Government is
initiated
for their protection, security, and benefit, and they have the right to
alter or
reform it when the public good may require.

Section 8. The initiative is the power of the electors to propose statutes
and
amendments to the Constitution and to adopt or reject them.

Section 9. The referendum is the power of the electors to approve or
reject
statutes or parts of statutes except urgency statutes, statutes calling
elections,
and statutes providing to tax levies or appropriations for usual current
expenses of the State.

Section 13. Recall is the power of the electors to remove an elective
officer.

Section 14. Recall of a state officer is initiated by delivering to the
Secretary
of state a petition alleging reason for recall. Sufficiency of reason is
not
reviewable.