Scruffing

Old October 28th 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Default Scruffing

wrote:

Helen Wheels wrote:

These are a bit old but here is Orly (thankfully he is not too fussed
about spelling)
http://members.westnet.com.au/hcbart/inmates/orlie.html

and Tyler http://members.westnet.com.au/hcbart/inmates/tyler.html

What great cat pages! They're both very handsome fellows, the stories are
amusing, and so are the captions under the photos. They both seem like
great fur-friends.

I looked at all the others, too. Arthur had gorgeous-colored fur, kind
of an orangey-chocolate brown. I know that some black cats turn rust-colored
as they get older. My mother once had a black cat who turned into almost a
tortie when she got old. And I know I've seen Violetta's page, because I
distinctly remember that picture with the spider. Not much of a hunter,
is she?

Yes Arthur did go very "rusty" as he aged. Vi doesn't look much of a
hunter in that shot but by crikey she has done in a few of those spiders
in her day. As long as she doesn't start bringing me live ones as
presents...
Old November 1st 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Helen Wheels wrote:
Tyler is 11 years old now. He's a glamorous looking cat with long hair,
and one of the biggest cats I have ever seen. His lifelong pal Orly is
14, a short haired ginger fellow and not much smaller.

Every evening they sleep at opposite ends of the sofa. Once every
evening, Orly will get up, march to the other end of the sofa and go
through the motions of scruffing his buddy Tyler just like a mother cat
would do with her kitten. He just holds Tyler down for a bit then lets
him go.

It's so comical to watch. Is Orly showing Tyler who's boss or just being
affectionate?

(sort of delurking - I haven't posted here in a long time)

Nice to hear from you again, Helen!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek
Old November 11th 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Helen Wheels wrote:
These are a bit old but here is Orly (thankfully he is not too fussed
about spelling) http://members.westnet.com.au/hcbart/inmates/orlie.html

and Tyler http://members.westnet.com.au/hcbart/inmates/tyler.html

Adorable kitties!
Best wishes,