OT - I'm not even going to say it...

Old February 27th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default OT - I'm not even going to say it...

I just told you guys about a co-worker who found out that the baby she's
carrying is not going to live to be born (but she hasn't miscarried yet so
is still carrying the baby knowing she'll never see him alive). It's
especially hard for her since there is another pregnant woman here in this
(small - less than 15 person -office), and there are two men whose wives are
expecting and one man whose wife just delivered about a month ago.

One of the men whose wife is expecting was carrying twins, but they just
learned today that one of the babies has passed away from a condition known
as intrauterine growth restriction syndrome.

The sadness here in this very close-knit group of people is all but
palpable. It breaks my heart to know that people whom I regard so highly
and like so much are going through so much pain.

Sorry, you guys are going to start avoiding my posts like the plague - I
hate being such a bummer, but, selfishly, it does help to "rant" here rather
than carry it about with me all day.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old February 27th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
Sorry, you guys are going to start avoiding my posts like the plague - I
hate being such a bummer, but, selfishly, it does help to "rant" here
rather
than carry it about with me all day.

What do they say at Callahan's Crosstime Saloon - Shared joy is magnified,
shared misery is reduced - or something like that.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old February 27th 09, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Catnipped: This has happened to my eldest granddaughter three times in
the last two years. She was expecting twins the last time. It was very
hard on her as the doctors said there was (apparently) nothing wrong
with the fetuses. She has a four year old boy and I keep telling her to
count her blessings that she "hit the jackpot" the first time.

This little poem was in today's obits:

We thought of you today, but that was nothing new.
We thought of you yesterday and will tomorrow too.
We think of you in silence and make no outward show
For what it meant to lose you only those who love you know.

Remembering you is easy, we do it every day.
It's the heartache of losing you that will never go away.

Author unknown.

Sending purrs for those who mourn. MLB

Old February 27th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I am sorry that this is all going on, it seems that sometimes it really just
won't stop raining, Lee

Old February 28th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Beautiful poem. As one who carried a baby for 2 months, knowing it was
dead, my heart goes out to this lady. In those days they just "waited until
mother nature took her course". I guess they still do. Sending purrs and
prayers to the family.

Old February 28th 09, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 27, 12:18*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

Sorry, you guys are going to start avoiding my posts like the plague - I
hate being such a bummer, but, selfishly, it does help to "rant" here rather
than carry it about with me all day.

CatNipped

with all that's going on with you at the moment if you didn't come
here and rant I would worry about you, Rant away, you and everyone
else who was here when Dave was in hospital kept me sane so it's
payback time as far as I'm concerned- engage rant mode all you want

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 1st 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
I just told you guys about a co-worker who found out that the baby she's
carrying is not going to live to be born (but she hasn't miscarried yet so
is still carrying the baby knowing she'll never see him alive). snip

Lots and lots of purrs and gentle hugs,
Polonca and Soncek