I am a mighty huntress

Old July 30th 05, 11:15 PM
wafflycat

Default I am a mighty huntress

Yes, that's *me* - the mere hoomin. *I* am a mighty huntress. Waffles has
taught me well. ;-)

Earlier this evening I caught a glimpse of something small and rodent-like
running across the floor. Something brought in by one of the three felines.
I said nothing to Vernon as if I tell him there's something about I get a
full-scale 'discussion' about how my cats have brought something in ;-)

Anyhow, I just got a "Helen, come here & bring a colander, there's a vole or
something in the corner of the room." Somehow, due to some strnage quirk of
male logic, if he finds the rodent, then there's no 'discussion' on the
ownership of felines...

Anyhow - I walked into the room quietly & picked up the shrew, (I can
identify the wildlife better than Vernon too!) which was distinctly alive,
by its tail and popped it straight out into the garden.

Vernon was amazed at my swift prowess at catching the mowsie. I was honest
and attributed my skill to the many hunting lessons Waffles has given me ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 30th 05, 11:27 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:15:23 +0100, "wafflycat"
waffles*A*T*v21net*D*O*T*co*D*O*T*uk yodeled:

[...]

shudder I always put on rubber gloves before I touch them.

Theresa
Old July 30th 05, 11:36 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , "wafflycat" remove
celebrities and change caps to obvious wrote:

[...]

;-)

Cheers, helen s

I have received some instruction. Chatterley was making gestures and
noises at a wall cabinet in the kitchen, out of her reach.

I opened the door and confronted what I think was a large mouse or small
rat, and simply reacted. I'd like to think my sensei would have approved
of the proper arm-twisting punch, starting in my belly, that I delivered
to the rodent.

Said rodent was then given a modified Viking funeral; the paper towel
was not set on fire as it was flushed away.
Old July 30th 05, 11:50 PM
wafflycat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

shudder I always put on rubber gloves before I touch them.

Theresa

No time - just pick them up by the tail, dispose of, wash hands. Simple
really :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old July 31st 05, 04:41 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-30, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:

I opened the door and confronted what I think was a large mouse or
small rat, and simply reacted. I'd like to think my sensei would
have approved of the proper arm-twisting punch, starting in my
belly, that I delivered to the rodent.

You punched a rodent?

That's just too funny.

I've given much thought to what I'd do if I found a human intruder in
the house ... but a rodent?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 31st 05, 05:07 AM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , "Monique Y.

On 2005-07-30, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:

I opened the door and confronted what I think was a large mouse or
small rat, and simply reacted. I'd like to think my sensei would
have approved of the proper arm-twisting punch, starting in my
belly, that I delivered to the rodent.

You punched a rodent?

It seemed more convenient than a kick or throw.

Old July 31st 05, 06:02 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-31, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:
In article , "Monique Y.
Mudama" wrote:

You punched a rodent?

It seemed more convenient than a kick or throw.

I would just imagine a punch hitting the rodent and, the rodent being
so light, the little beastie wouldn't get a proper impact; it would
just go flying and scamper off. I guess that's not what happened,
though.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 31st 05, 02:51 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:07:09 -0400, "Howard C. Berkowitz"
yodeled:

In article , "Monique Y.

On 2005-07-30, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:

I opened the door and confronted what I think was a large mouse or
small rat, and simply reacted. I'd like to think my sensei would
have approved of the proper arm-twisting punch, starting in my
belly, that I delivered to the rodent.

You punched a rodent?

It seemed more convenient than a kick or throw.

Or jumping on its back and choking it.

Theresa
Old July 31st 05, 03:00 PM
Howard C. Berkowitz

In article , "Monique Y.

On 2005-07-31, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:
In article , "Monique Y.
Mudama" wrote:

You punched a rodent?

It seemed more convenient than a kick or throw.

I would just imagine a punch hitting the rodent and, the rodent being
so light, the little beastie wouldn't get a proper impact; it would
just go flying and scamper off. I guess that's not what happened,
though.

It might be said that the punch didn't kill it; it was the sudden stop
against a bag of rice.

Perhaps a kite (hand-edge) to the back of the neck would have been more
elegant, and even vaguely reminiscent of feline points of attack, but
given the relative sizes, it simply would have gone squoosh.