The Mighty Huntress

Old November 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

Default The Mighty Huntress

Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing, a
slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one femur,
she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats have been
hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she wants to go out
in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes and I hear the
unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the garden door and there she
is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress
still!

--

~~

SUPPORT THE CYCLISTS DEFENCE FUND
http://www.cyclistsdefencefund.org.uk/

~~

Old November 21st 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing,
a slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one
femur, she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats
have been hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she
wants to go out in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes
and I hear the unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the
garden door and there she is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her
jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress still!

I'm glad Waffles is still enjoying her life, I'm sorry for the vole but at
least it means the wildlife in your area is doing well.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old November 21st 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

"Adrian A" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing,
a slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one
femur, she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats
have been hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she
wants to go out in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes
and I hear the unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the
garden door and there she is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her
jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress still!

I'm glad Waffles is still enjoying her life, I'm sorry for the vole but at
least it means the wildlife in your area is doing well.

Overall the wildlife does very well! No shortage of small rodents. The
semi-tame pheasant has taken up residence in the back garden. The bird
feeding stations are visited by many kinds of flying creatures. Robins,
great, blue, coal & willow tits with the odd long-tailed tit. Greenfinches,
chaffinches, wrens, dunnocks - fewer sparrows this year, thrushes,
blackbirds, great spotted woodpeckers, magpies, jays, the occasional
goldfinch & bullfinch... Then there's the many signs of hedgehog poo on the
lawn (good - they eat the slugs & snails). Deer & the odd rabbit too.

Old November 21st 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Randy

wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing,
a slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one
femur, she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats
have been hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she
wants to go out in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes
and I hear the unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the
garden door and there she is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her
jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress still!

Sounds like a tough old gal. So glad she is enjoying life.

Overall the wildlife does very well! No shortage of small rodents. The
semi-tame pheasant has taken up residence in the back garden. The bird
feeding stations are visited by many kinds of flying creatures. Robins,
great, blue, coal & willow tits with the odd long-tailed tit.

You should have posted a warning with this, you're going to have Victor all
upset again. ;-)

Randy

http://picasaweb.google.com/crmartin1

http://kittenwar.com/kittens/74045/

Old November 21st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing, a
slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one femur,
she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats have been
hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she wants to go out
in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes and I hear the
unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the garden door and there she
is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress
still!

"Though much is taken, much abides and though
We are not now what strength which in older days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are -
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to see, to find, and not to yield."

Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "Ullyeses"

You go, Waffles, you mighty huntress, you go.

Will in New Haven

~~

Old November 21st 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing, a
slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one femur,
she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats have been
hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she wants to go out
in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes and I hear the
unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the garden door and there she
is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress
still!

"Though much is taken, much abides and though
We are not now what strength which in older days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are -
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Old November 21st 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

wafflycat wrote:
"Adrian A" wrote in message
wafflycat wrote:
[...]

It's funny that you mention willow tits, I've never seen one in my garden
but a couple of days ago I watched several of them just a few miles down the
road.

Old November 21st 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 21 Nov 2006 08:31:14 -0800, "Will in New Haven"
yodeled:

wafflycat wrote:
Considering she's now an old lady cat, complete with one eye missing, a
slightly skewed jaw, several fangs missing and a metal rod down one femur,
she never fails to amaze me. It's cold out today, so the cats have been
hogging the heat indoors, but Waffles lets me know when she wants to go out
in the garden. She's not out for more than 10 minutes and I hear the
unmistakable call of "Mowz! Mowz!" So I open the garden door and there she
is, with fat vole firmly clamped in her jaws. She is The Mighty Huntress
still!

"Though much is taken, much abides and though
We are not now what strength which in older days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are -
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to see, to find, and not to yield."

Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "Ullyeses"

One of my very favorite poems.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old November 21st 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On 21 Nov 2006 16:28:12 GMT, Randy yodeled:

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

It's those odd long-tailed ones that really get the imagination going.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War