Cat-Sitting - a Slight Miscommunication Again (semi-OT)

Old July 5th 09, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat-Sitting - a Slight Miscommunication Again (semi-OT)

My neighbor Lynn asked me to look after her two adorable black kitties again
while she spent the weekend with her daughter. Not a problem, they are
lovely cats especially when they come inside when I ask them to. This time
she assured me she has plenty of food (she does) and kitty-litter (she
does). And she said it's been so terribly hot here they don't want to go
out for more than a couple of hours in the early morning.

She's had another friend tending to her *outdoor* potted plants any time
she's been away. But that friend was supposed to leave to go out of town
this morning (Sunday, 7/5) so she asked if I'd mind doing that. Of course I
don't mind; I'm no gardener but I'm pretty sure can water plants She
gave me the full tour the day before she left. She has a beautifully
landscaped yard so I never realized how much of it is "potted plants", i.e.
hanging baskets, windowboxes, flowering plants in pots all around the place.

I went over this morning to take over my new duties. I watered all the
plants, fed the cats, scooped the litter box. I played with the kitties for
a bit and got nice headbutts and some friendly chatter The automated
sprinkler system for the lawn and in-ground plants was running. Schwartzie
and Fedders looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if they wanted to go
outside. It was "raining" on their patios! LOL So I went over about an
hour later to see if the cats wanted out.

I found her other friend over there watering the hanging/baskets/potted
plants again! Oh, hi! I already did that. Turns out the friend doesn't
know if she's going out of town after all and she wasn't sure anyone else
would water the plants. I would have thought Lynn had told her I was going
to take over watering duties today. It's been so hot here I don't think it
will hurt the plants to have been watered twice in one morning.

I do I think it's important to maintain lines of communication when you have
two people tending to what has now turned into over-lapping duties. Don't
you?

Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was only
out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and head back
towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find him staring
wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks like they're both
inside for the day

Jill

Old July 5th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old July 5th 09, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message
m...

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was only
out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and head
back towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find him
staring wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks like
they're both inside for the day

Jill

Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm not
familiar with.

Jill

Old July 5th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Schwarztie still didn't want out when I went back over. Fedders was
only out for a little over an hour when I saw him cross my backyard and
head back towards his patio. I put on my shoes and went over to find
him staring wistfully at the back door. I let him back inside. Looks
like they're both inside for the day

Jill

Schwartzie and Fedders are very cute names.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm
not familiar with.

Jill

Well, Schwarzie is just "Blackie," but it sounds cuter. No idea what
Fedders is, besides a make of air conditioner.

Old July 5th 09, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:42:16 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

She once told me what their names mean (the names are German) but then I'm
terrible with names, much less translations of names from a language I'm not
familiar with.

Sort of pidgin German. Blackie and Feathers.

Bud