OT New Year's Resolutions

Old January 1st 11, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT New Year's Resolutions

Today is the day we discard destructive old habits for healthy new ones, and
with that in mind, I will share Dear Abby's often requested list of New
Year's Resolutions

JUST FOR TODAY: I will live through this day only. I will not brood about
yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try
to overcome all of my problems at once.

I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had
to keep it up for a lifetime.

JUST FOR TODAY: I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress
me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with
sunshine.

JUST FOR TODAY: I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct
those things that I can correct and accept those I cannot.

JUST FOR TODAY: I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires
effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.

JUST FOR TODAY: I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be
kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of
others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when
someone else is talking.

Just for today, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

JUST FOR TODAY: I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a
smoker, I'll quit. If I am overweight, I will eat healthfully -- if only
just for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk
walk, even if it's only around the block

JUST FOR TODAY: I will gather the courage to do what is right and take
responsibility for my own actions.

Old January 1st 11, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Matthew wrote:
[...]

Happy Mew Year and may all of your resolutions meet with success in
2011. MLB